Which ride would you remove?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
stigzy

I prefer the speed on Oblivion as opposed to Rita, because it’s actually faster :D! In all seriousness though, of course removing Rita would be a rather silly thing to do. But I also think removing Corkscrew is equally as silly. Regrettably the top cheese's (before grand old Merlin stepped in) at the time of Rita's commission decided to rush things and not plan things out properly. The result was a very bad clash, cramped and squished up area.

What once was home to the parks former most popular ride and to which transformed Alton Towers into what we know it as today is now put into the shadows of Alton’s Towers apparent said most popular ride! Although I beg to differ on that one, from the many visits I’ve been its evident that Air racks up the biggest queues due to popularity. But anyway Corkscrew did and I know for sure still would (given that Rita is only 3 years old) pull in the crowds and gather quite a queue if it wasn’t shoved to the back and shadowed by Rita. It probably wouldn’t be half as popular as Nemesis, Oblivion, Air or Rita, but if it generated a queue, it’s a queue none the less!

Both coasters down at Ug Land are not dug into any sort of landscape and although would perhaps cost a fair old few bob and require the energy, thought, planning and effort to make it worthwhile. They could be moved and transported elsewhere! It may sound a pretty senseless thing to do since well most people think Corkscrew is coming to the end of its life. It would make much more sense to just let it run its self into the ground, remove it and completely hand it’s home to Rita. But no one has any hard evidence to suggest that Corkscrew has only a few years life left and I think with a little required tlc, it will have many more years ahead of it. But anyway, as I said I think removing Corkscrew would be as stupid as removing Rita. With that said, I personally would like to see Ug Land restored to its former glory, and Rita moved into its own racing themed area!

For a coaster that transformed the theme park into what we know it as today it doesn’t deserve the stick it gets. Because the irony is, without it, Rita wouldn’t exist! Corkscrew was a Europe first, two corkscrew inversions, it generated queues, not all the way to the park entrance but to the M6 motorway! Back then the thought of going upside down strapped into a train going around a track was new, exciting and fresh. Just as exiting and fresh, if not more, than plummeting down the world’s first vertical drop roller coaster or floating up in the clouds on the world’s first flying coaster was!

It’s the only Coaster on the park which probably has one of the best first drops and which offers the most air time! I don't know how long steel coasters last and how much more of a battering the track can take from those trains. But the Tower nerds need to treasure Corkscrew (as with all their major rides) on the same principles that Pleasure Beach treasure Roller Coaster, Nashy, Revolution & Big Dipper!

So in all solemnity the ride which I would like to see the back off the most would probably be The Blade. I think AstroDan said it, it is taking up a nice little trench equip to accommodate perhaps a nice new shiny S&S sky swat flat ride. With flames, blood and stuff it would complement old Nemstacles adequately :D. The Blade is old, looks old & battered (don’t quote me on contradictory terms in regards to Corky here either) and compared to most swinging ships, is quite rather lacking in the swings if you like. That’s not say get rid of it though, just revamp it and re-theme it. A swinging ship, and I’m sure most people would agree, would most definitely be better off suited down in Mutiny Bay...!
Green.Wing

The public dont want corkscrew anymore. Its had its time and been an icon for many years. But alton have to renew there image and there status. And by removing corkscrew would send the right signals to the public. The public think very differently to what we do. They want something new and want to see change and something new every time they come. Whether thats once a year or twice a year. I think the public would be very happy to see corkscrew go and something to replace it that would be worth the £35 entry. Corkscrew it has to be said is a massive eye saw. And Rita looks bad because corkscrew is there not the other way around.
Anonymous

i think submmission and enterprise should be removed and replaced with a mini tower ride up to tree line limit!!! (as high as the towers allowed)
Ash

I think Corkie should go, its one of the last "Old School" as i like to think rides left, along with Beastie, Blade, Enterprise and Ug Swinger.

It should have a large indoor attraction in its place that is pure quality!
Dunny#1

[quote=""LiamSAFC""][quote=""Dunny#1""]lol Can someone please explain Catcf or what ever it is, i am being so dense here![/quote]

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. :D

Also, I reckon that UG Swinger and Submission should go. Perhaps a new family flat (or the coaster we dream) and a new Thrill flat.
[/quote]
Ahhhh i see, thanks! And yeah i agree with that, they had so much hype about ti and i prefered toyland tours!
spud36

i hae to agree and say that submission needs to go and put a decent log flume or something could in its place

Please :D
Matt

[quote=""spud36""]i hae to agree and say that submission needs to go and put a decent log flume or something could in its place

Please :D[/quote]

I may have misread but I really doubt a log flume will replace Submission :?

The one we alreadly have needs replacing first! :lol:

:D

mat
:)x
Corkscrewed

hang on hang on... How would a Log Flume fit into Submissions Place? be a bit short wouldn't it??? :lol:

Last edited by Corkscrewed on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanessa Feltz

Move Blade to X-sector, and get rid of Submission.
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""johnhand4""]Move Blade to X-sector, and get rid of Submission.[/quote]

Ewwww no, if anything remove blade full stop. :P
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Vanessa Feltz

[quote=""Spike""][quote=""johnhand4""]Move Blade to X-sector, and get rid of Submission.[/quote]

Ewwww no, if anything remove blade full stop. :P[/quote]

To be fair, blades nicer than Submission, I prefer it anyway :lol:
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Corkscrewed

I would Quite like to see a HUSS breakdance where Submission is, provided alton could get it to fit into the theme of X-Sector.

Vanessa Feltz

You could theme them as rockets orbiting small planets :? That would work quite well in the dark, but in the light it's gonna be quite lame.
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
LiamSAFC

[quote=""johnhand4""]Move Blade to X-sector, and get rid of Submission.[/quote]

:shock:

Pirate Ship, Post Modern Area. What could possibly go wrong? :P
haydn!

[quote=""Irejectreality""]I would Quite like to see a HUSS breakdance where Submission is, provided alton could get it to fit into the theme of X-Sector.

[/quote]

They did quite well at getting one to fit in with UgLand (Dino Dancer) and Forbidden Valley (Dynamo) so I'm fairly certain they could get it to fit in with X Sector. They could simply do Dynamo, post rusty all shiny and new.

It would need a fairly decent lighting package just for those late nights tho, I mean spots, strobes, etc. Rides like Submission and Enterprise should have these for Scarefest anyways!