Which ride would you remove?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Jake

[quote=""AstroDan.""]How exactly is it lacking? It's more powerful than Intamin Accelerators such as Kanonen, Skycar, Speed Monster and is the same as Superman: The Escape and Desert Race. It's also faster acceleration than Vekoma launched coasters such as Rock n Roller, Velocity etc.

Rita is one of the most popular rollercoasters at Alton Towers. Removing it is a stupid idea.[/quote]

I have to agree here. How exactly is Rita lacking? I rode it for the first time this year and really enjoyed it, your statements about Rita are slightly over exaggerated IMHO, the only main thing I can see wrong with Rita is the theming, but I have a feeling things might change by 2010.

And instead of repeating, I'll quote AstroDan on this:

[quote=""AstroDan.""]Rita is one of the most popular rollercoasters at Alton Towers. Removing it is a stupid idea.[/quote]
stigzy

Maybe there lacking too then?! For a theme park that is home to the UK's first double inverting roller coaster back when people found doctor who and the darlicks scary, the legendary Nemesis, the world’s first vertical drop roller coaster and the world’s first flying coaster. I would of expected something which is equally as impressive... but what do we get? Just a launch roller coaster plonked right where it shouldn't be! It’s not a record breaker, never has been and has never tried to be. All the other major coasters on the park deserve the title of 'a major coaster' quite simply because they are caked in history in some sort of way.

[quote=""supporting quote from top coaster concept/imaginer type chap""] I had nothing to do with Rita - The Queen Of Speed :shock: [/quote]

Rita to me is just a nothing coaster, it launches, goes around a few corners and over a pitiful hill which offers next to no air time and that’s if you sit at the back only. The launch is what makes this roller coaster and nothing else really. When you compare it to the likes of Stealth, Kingda ka, Top thrill Dragster it just shows what Rita could and should of been aiming for! It sticks out like a sore thumb in Ug Land and needs to go to let the place breath again. Removing it is the best idea! :D! Though a better idea would be to move it into its own area...!
AstroDan

Just because a coaster doesn't break a record doesn't mean it's not good in some way. For starters, Alton couldn't have built anything such as Stealth/KK/TTD for obvious reasons. Aside from the theme, Rita's a great ride.

:?
Chris1

Despite not being a huge fan of Rita myself, I have to agree with AstroDan. on this one....

Getting rid of Rita would be one of the worst moves Alton could make at this present time. In essence it's a good ride, it has a half decent layout and the sheer force of the launch still suprises most people and provides a different experience to the other big 3. The only problem with the ride is everything surrounding it; if Alton were to completely overhaul the area, and re-lanscape it so that Rita is the centerpiece, i'm convinced it can become one of the best rides in the park....
AstroDan

At least Rita doesn't look as bland as this

:shock:
Green.Wing

How can any of you suggest removing rita. Its only 3 years old and is the parks number one ride atm. Just because people on forums dont like the theme doesnt mean its not a great ride because it is. The public love it. Alton would never move/remove rita in the present climate. And tbh they have much bigger problems will one of its other coasters which will in turn over the next few years require towers to make one of the most hardest decisions the park will EVER have to make.
Corkscrewed

Nemesis is still the parks number 1 in my opinion. Rita May have the speed but nemmys got everything :D

now, after thursday, i do have to say Corkscrew. the ride is poor compared to most of todays, and really does hurt you now. tis sad, but the truth. :)
Green.Wing

Tbh it doesnt matter what we think is the best. Oblivion, nemmy it doesnt matter. We make up about 1% of towers guests a year and the public think rita is the best ride on park. The ride gets higher marks then any other and still gets the biggest queue when busy.
AstroDan

[quote=""Green.Wing""]Tbh it doesnt matter what we think is the best. Oblivion, nemmy it doesnt matter. We make up about 1% of towers guests a year and the public think rita is the best ride on park. The ride gets higher marks then any other and still gets the biggest queue when busy.[/quote]

Yeah, I was told by management that (based on 2007 scores) Rita was the parks highest scorer, with Nemesis occasionally getting it on the odd day.

:)
stigzy

Oh just admit Dan :shock: - its rubbish...! Corkscrew ftw! :roll:
altontowers1

Dont admit it dan dont admit it :)

:lol:

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc
Stu

Don't admit it Dan! Dont Admit it - we know Rita is ace and Corkscrew is poo and is going soon. LOL!!!

And ignore Markryn's comment about Ripsaw - he slags it off, but it was the only ride at Alton Towers that made him wet him self before he even got on the damn thing - remember when we were grabbing and pulling him on? Hahaha. Some people need a slap hehe.

Don't worry Dan - were with ya - Stigz - hush. Hahaha. I get more of a buzz from Rita from the launch and air time hills (well i come out my seat and i think im heavier than the average person)..

I agree with Chris i think it was - bring back the Energizer ! Get rid of Submishion and bring back Energizer !!!! (Thats Bone Shaker for the younger lovers of Alton Towers) lol.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""AstroDan.""]

Yeah, I was told by management that (based on 2007 scores) Rita was the parks highest scorer, with Nemesis occasionally getting it on the odd day.

:)[/quote]

I was told different, Nemmie wins most polls and is voted best overall. :?
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Green.Wing

[quote=""Spike""][quote=""AstroDan.""]

I was told different, Nemmie wins most polls and is voted best overall. :?[/quote]

As far as i am aware, Since rita's introdution in 2005 every year it has been number one at the park. And last year it was its best. Of course all places like ttf are going to say nemmy, but the public since its been have all been pointing in ritas favour. Thats why they want a new ride in the area so rita isnt overcrowded like it is atm.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""Green.Wing""][quote=""Spike""][quote=""AstroDan.""]

I was told different, Nemmie wins most polls and is voted best overall. :?[/quote]

As far as i am aware, Since rita's introdution in 2005 every year it has been number one at the park. And last year it was its best. Of course all places like ttf are going to say nemmy, but the public since its been have all been pointing in ritas favour. Thats why they want a new ride in the area so rita isnt overcrowded like it is atm.[/quote]

I was told by two members of staff that the result isn't a true reflection on what is voted for, just a way of publicizing their newest coaster. They could be wrong but this was told to them in an induction day. :?
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
IronDan

I'm sure its just the publics perception that "newer = better", plus a lot of people are still going to be first time visitors who have heard/seen the publicity for Rita but not Nemesis/Oblivion etc.

Anyway about removals, it would have to be submission for me due to its lack of entertainment and overall function (out of personal experience). What would replace it however is another story due to the lack of space available there.
AstroDan

[quote=""Spike""][quote=""Green.Wing""][quote=""Spike""][quote=""AstroDan.""]

As far as i am aware, Since rita's introdution in 2005 every year it has been number one at the park. And last year it was its best. Of course all places like ttf are going to say nemmy, but the public since its been have all been pointing in ritas favour. Thats why they want a new ride in the area so rita isnt overcrowded like it is atm.[/quote]

I was told by two members of staff that the result isn't a true reflection on what is voted for, just a way of publicizing their newest coaster. They could be wrong but this was told to them in an induction day. :?[/quote]

My info has come directly from management, and indeed on staff training I got told this.

:)
Luke

I do actually believe you that Rita scores higher than any other ride with the general public. However, how is this judged - I've never been asked whilst there and that poll they had on the official site was made up to help promote their new coaster? Just wondered, not disputing it because a lot of people I've talked to have said Rita is their favourite.

However, if Nemesis and Rita were both new for 2005, I think most people would say Nemesis was their favourite. It's superior to Rita in almost every way, it's just that Rita is the new 'big' ride.

Also, those talking about Rita receving a new theme. It's not going to happen because the ride is only 3 years old. That would be just throwing money at something, when it could be spent better elsewhere. If Ug Land is to receive an overhaul in 2010 as a lot of people seem to think, then if anything the rest of UL will be changed to fit in with Rita, rather than vice versa.
NF2

If somebody asked me which I found the most popular, I would say Rita. Not because I think it's the best ride as i'm a hard core nemmy fanboy through and through, but all the non enthusiasts I seem to ask love Rita.

I think it's partially down to it being the newest, so therefore memories of the marketing is most prominent amongst guests. Also, Rita's speed is a huge (but fun) gimmick, and a majority of the unknowing public will see a gimmick and percieve it to be the greatest thing since sliced bread (which I personally find overrated :lol:).

Also, a majority of the public aren't gonna mention Nemmys theming et, ask any random chav their favourite ride, and you're likle to get an answer of something like:

"I lyk Rita as itz reli fast nd theres a fit lass on the logo!"
Rob L

Rita isn't my favorite ride but it is a very important ride for AT and removing it would be stupid. It always gets a queue, even on days when the park is dead. Once when I went Nemesis and Oblivion were walk ons but Rita had a 20-30 minute queue all day, it is very popular. I think it's a lot of the public's favorite ride in the park, when I've seen polls asking what your favorite coaster is at AT Rita gets a lot of votes. Also if Rita wasn't there than the other major rides in the park would have even longer queues which wouldn't please people.

When Corkscrew is removed, which will happen one day, I think Ug Land needs the be re-themed to fit around Rita. It would look a lot better if it fitted in with the area it is in. If this did happen I'd want to see Rita's queue line replaced by a new one that is more interesting and is actually themed, a racing theme in the park could work really well. Hopefully something like this will happen one day, it makes perfect sense.