The end of corkscrew

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Sazzle

Agreed - the double corkscrew is an icon in itself, whether attached to Corkscrew itself or not. Should any new development not have this incorporated, then the possibility exists to have a THORPE PARK entrance style tribute - freestanding track fashioned into a double corkscrew with the addition of perhaps an information board/plaque explaining its importance.

I am in no way denying Corkscrew's absolute legendary and iconic status, though the ride itself is unfortunately well past its best. Future generations who visit the park NEED, in my opinion, to know how it all started - the ride is, after all, the reason why I'm sat here typing this post in response to a discussion about one of my favourite theme parks.
CoasterCrazyChris

Nah. Not worthwile taking parts of the coaster, if they get ride of her shey'll all go.
seanyboyuk

what would be cool is during its final season the park start putting robot pieces around the park if they do go ahead with the machines going into the woods theme.???????? and possible messages scattered
about warning about the robots????
alex_4291

[quote=""MostMagicalCat""]The arguments are firmly against the corky. as much as i love her it does not look good.But if replaced i would like to see a ride similar and of the same sit down(lift hill) inverting fun. like another corky type coaster. the two corkscrews need to be kept in the park as part of theming or part of the new ride(as theming) as Alton owes allot to this old girl(my first coaster, my daughters, and im sure thousands of others).

I still don't really want her to go, but i can understand why she needs to go.[/quote]

Like the sound of the corkscrews being kept as an icon to the ride. One thing about corkscrew which makes everyone love it is that it has soul. Its not a particularly good ride but people go on it still because its like the nice old woman in the street you just wana take home! (Like Cyrill off of X-Factor! :P )

I think its best to let the ride leave as an icon with a bit of dignity, instead of letting her get rusty and even more uncomfortable.
Rob
Admin
Admin

It has now been confirmed via a press release that this will be the last season for corkscrew.

So get your last rides in before November the 9th.
Craig

As speculation is now fact, please now use this here topic in General

Spank you! :D