Idea for Ug Land

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Anonymous

What does everyone think - I love UgLand, but it is not themed well. I would love for it to have a change of theme. Maybe a fast zone. I would have Rita bright red, we have a fastcar. Then paint Corkscrew bright yellow and we have a jet fighter. The yellow and red would look sweet.
I would then put Submission in this area and Enterprise and move the Ug Swinger to Merrie England.
If not Submission and Enterprise, then maybe move Spinball there and it would be a kinda coaster kingdom.
Hello!!

I say get rid of the Ug theme altogether, remove Corkscrew, put a flat ride in it's place and retheme the area to Thunder Rock theming the shops and stalls as garages and pits. Move Ug Swinger to Katanga Canyon and retheme it accordingly, replace it with a smaller kiddie based attraction like the Boucing Bugs and make the Rita queue more interesting.

I don't think the Ug Land theme will ever work whilst Rita is there so it's best just to retheme it completely.
Tune Of The Week - Midfield General - Go Off
http://www.brassicbeats.com/_flashPlaye ... 6&title=Go
Anonymous

yeh agree onlything keep corki love corki lol.

be gud if their was a ride such as ice blast and it drops u in a hole in the ground but what be coolis that you climb out threw a tunnel in the ground.
Hello!!

[quote=""byrney1""]
be gud if their was a ride such as ice blast and it drops u in a hole in the ground but what be coolis that you climb out threw a tunnel in the ground.[/quote]

*Cough* Oblivion *Cough*

That would be a bit too similar me think's, nice idea though and one which many other people have said :)
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

I'd go back to the old theme, that was great and bring back the shows etc and even get rid rita if nesery! Corkserew bought back to her former glory and come up with something new for rita! IT hink it could of gone down well as the fireengin lunch but nowts going to happen :x

Corkscrew has to stay
!

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Hello!!

It's virtually guarenteed the Corkscrew will leave before Rita, as a result I doubt we'll ever see Ug Land the way it was ever again. The only reason to keep hold of the Corkscrew is for sentimental reasons.
iriderides101

The old theme is dead bring on overhaul; to thunder rock rally i say. It would be easier. Somehow i think it would be difficult to them rita queen of speed to ug land theme.
Spinball Wizzard

Well, in my wildest dreams, i'd absolutely love to see a race track theme. Big checkered flags, pit stops (food and drink places) and maybe even some burnt out tyres and 'crash scenes'.

All abit much to expect though. I can just see it remaining as it is. Even though it clashes horribly.
Hello!!

[quote=""Spinball Wizzard""]Well, in my wildest dreams, i'd absolutely love to see a race track theme. Big checkered flags, pit stops (food and drink places) and maybe even some burnt out tyres and 'crash scenes'.

All abit much to expect though. I can just see it remaining as it is. Even though it clashes horribly.[/quote]

I can well imagine that's what would happen if they remove the Corkscrew.
Anonymous

yeh ,mate tat is cool all the things i been thinking. We cant get rid of corki though maybe in ten years time, but not yet. Paint it black and white or bright yellow so it clashes with rita and make the carts (carridge) like either a rocket like cars on rita just cus of the loops.

2015 i would say revamp corki and make it more spectaculer
UltimateDingbat

I think Ug Land needs a retheme and it should be fully theme to Rita's theming as thats the newest. Not the mish mash they have at the moment. As for Corkscrew, i think keep it for as long as possible. Its an iconic ride and the first AT ride. Its a priceless peice of memorabillia.
Don\'t like me learn to put up with me
Jon

When the theme of Rita wasfirst advertised on the website, we all thought it would mean a retheme in UgLand. Quite odd, considering the area is fairly new and one of the best themed in the park. The removal of boneshaker was a big mistak in my oppinion (I rather liked that one!) But if this was all to make way for a totally new theme then horray.

But when I heard of the area remaining Ug, I think "huh?" just about summed it up.

With all the hard work and planning to make Rita fit in around Corkscrew, I doubt they will be removing it any time soon. Along the sentimentle value, it is still a good coaster, and don't forget it used to be just a plain coaster before it was changed to fir in with the rest of UgLand, so it could quite easily, with a lick of paint on the track and car, become something else.

I'd love the area to become a funkt up 70s style theme to fit in with drag queen theme set by Rita. The ugSwinger could become a coctail mixer or something. If I could work my way I'd have Ugland as it was with something else a bit less dominating there.
Formerly "Dagoo"
mitch06

hey all,

ug land was an alright theme to start with i thought, but now that AT have put rita in there it doesn't really fit into the whole theme of ug land.

i'm a bit confused why rita was put there in the first place but it wouldn't really fit into any other themed area of the park.
.м.ι.¢.н.α.є.ℓ.
Stu

Sorry its got to be said... off topic but it's been mentioned above..

you CAN'T compare Oblivion to a Drop tower ride of some sort.
There both different! Tower of Terror and Appocalipse are much better than Oblivion for a start. LMAO!

But it don't matter anyway as you wont get a high drop tower at A.T due to height rubbish which we all know anywa.

Agree with Mitch, Ug Land was not bad at the start, but since Rita is there, it's kinda of made a mish of the whole thing. Re theme needed, which we all knew years ago anyway. LOL.
hex_appeal

i think AT will gradually bring in the rita theme to the rest of Ugland, although i love ugland, and i think a racing car themed area is the suckiest idea ever, its probably the only thing they can do now, a retheme of RITA seems silly, and i dont think ugland worked as much as AT was hoping it would,
Jon

I think the idea they were hoping to make was that a bunch of old prehistoric rides were found, but then thunder rock rally built a race track over it. Its too much of a complicated idea. You can't have a ride with a completely different theme dominating the area. Forbiden Valley pulls it off by the skin of its teeth because air is at the far side and almost in its own land. Could be enhanced, but it works.

The only thing you can give Ugland credit for is the fantastic atmosphere it creates with such a high adrenaline ride.

Slightly off topic, but I think most of the areas have been botched up in one way or another in the same way as UgLand has been. I think the Cred Street theme has gone a bit off, now its just a place with young child orientated ride in it. Charlie + Driving school put a more sophistacated-child look to the area than the Tweenies and Toyland tours did.

The whole adventure land, story book land has been shifted by Spinball rather.

Merrie England? Mexican? Modern Bathtubs?

:?:
Formerly "Dagoo"
kingjohno

This is my view of what will happen:

Corkscrew will be leaving the park very soon. I can see it being replaced by another coaster without a corkscrew but more of a large family coaster, an extended runaway mine train with larger drops.

The area would then be race themed, maybe it could be named 'Pit Stop' or something. It would still contain UG swinger, renamed as the tyre bunker and shaped like a massive rotating tyre.

The entire area would have cars as well as flames and 'oil' spilled over the floor.
Thomas

The theme works for me, in fact if they could make improvements to it i think it could be one of the best themed areas of the park like it used to be. Its just the lack of themeing & character that lets it down. Its almost certain that Corky will go before Rita so when it does finally leave, it will open up a lot of options for the park. Either keep the Prehistoric theme or a total new one. Personally i would like the Ug Land theme to stay as IMO its brill, just lacks of it

Thomas
Lauren

My idea would be a new coaster.
Rita , Spinball, Air , Nemesis , oblivion & corckscrew together.

Launch while spinning face down, suspnded on track, drop into a hole and few corckscrews in it.

Being a BIT more realistic :)
Keep the 'ugland' theme and paint Rita beige. Total retheme, focusing on
bones & dinosours. The rita trains would have instead of a 'race car' 'bumper' a dinosaur head or something like that.

And just a bit more theming plonked here and there. Before rita ugland was pobably the best themed area in park.
Anonymous

i would love towers if get rid of corki id love them to rebuild it because it put towers on the map. i would have a bigger drop and have few more inversions on it.
Corki is a must keep for me but if they got rid of rebuild it. Its a land mark.