Idea for Ug Land

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""jammyC""]Personally I hate the idea of removing a good (not brilliant but good) coaster simply becuase it isnt excellent. I think a balance of quantity and quality is bests e.g. ride quality X number of rides.

Corkscrew and blcack hole were good rides/are. Why get rid of them? If a new coaster is coming along put it somewhere else. I dont think old coasters should be removed unless they are costing way to much to run/cant run or there isnt space ANYWHERE else on park.

Have all of the coaster! Why replace? It just really annoys me that instead of growing and having loads of decent rides etc.. the older ones are replaced which I think is a waste of money. The public do have this view too. (I always used to like alton becuase every year there would be more rides as well as the old ones).

Say corky gets 4/10 would u rather replace it wih a 6/10 ride or leave AND install a 6/10 ride?

leaving u with either a 6/10 ride OR both a 6/10 and a 4/10

I feel really stringly about this point. Stop campainging to get a id of a ride for the sake of it.[/quote]

It doesn't always work like that though! - They removed BlackHole because it was so outdated, that to make it meet current safety standards they would have to spend money on it that they weren't willing to spend. So, Lets say they installed a new coaster and didn't get rid of a particular attraction. Alton Towers would have to keep up with the running costs of th e older attraction, which isn't quite popular anymore, whilst paying to keep the new ride running and employing new staff etc. - There is a reason for Alton Towers to remove rides, what park wouldn't want hundred upon hundreds of attractions in their line up?

Nobody's campaigning to get rid of it for the sake of it, I bet most of us all ride it, But who in their right mind would say get rid of Nemesis or Air over something substantial, yet not as popular? - You only have to look at the 'Your Favourite Ride' topic going on at the moment, to see that a) people have either forgot Corkscrew was their b)Truely isn't in their top 10 rides, both of which indicate that Corkscrew isn't even regarded as fantastic by many enthusiasts, And if we don't really appreciate it, What do the Public think? :wink:
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
kingjohno

[quote=""Redcoat Jase""][quote=""jammyC""]Personally I hate the idea of removing a good (not brilliant but good) coaster simply becuase it isnt excellent. I think a balance of quantity and quality is bests e.g. ride quality X number of rides.

Corkscrew and blcack hole were good rides/are. Why get rid of them? If a new coaster is coming along put it somewhere else. I dont think old coasters should be removed unless they are costing way to much to run/cant run or there isnt space ANYWHERE else on park.

Have all of the coaster! Why replace? It just really annoys me that instead of growing and having loads of decent rides etc.. the older ones are replaced which I think is a waste of money. The public do have this view too. (I always used to like alton becuase every year there would be more rides as well as the old ones).

Say corky gets 4/10 would u rather replace it wih a 6/10 ride or leave AND install a 6/10 ride?

leaving u with either a 6/10 ride OR both a 6/10 and a 4/10

I feel really stringly about this point. Stop campainging to get a id of a ride for the sake of it.[/quote]

It doesn't always work like that though! - They removed BlackHole because it was so outdated, that to make it meet current safety standards they would have to spend money on it that they weren't willing to spend. So, Lets say they installed a new coaster and didn't get rid of a particular attraction. Alton Towers would have to keep up with the running costs of th e older attraction, which isn't quite popular anymore, whilst paying to keep the new ride running and employing new staff etc. - There is a reason for Alton Towers to remove rides, what park wouldn't want hundred upon hundreds of attractions in their line up?

Nobody's campaigning to get rid of it for the sake of it, I bet most of us all ride it, But who in their right mind would say get rid of Nemesis or Air over something substantial, yet not as popular? - You only have to look at the 'Your Favourite Ride' topic going on at the moment, to see that a) people have either forgot Corkscrew was their b)Truely isn't in their top 10 rides, both of which indicate that Corkscrew isn't even regarded as fantastic by many enthusiasts, And if we don't really appreciate it, What do the Public think? :wink:[/quote]

Its true that the public no longer like corkscrew that much. Its not a ride which Alton are still proud of!
Kaycee

[quote=""kingjohno""]Its true that the public no longer like corkscrew that much. Its not a ride which Alton are still proud of![/quote]

And you can speak for Alton and the public? :P
Thomas

If the public didn't like it then no one would ever go on it. I actually don't mind it but when you start to think about what could replace it & the possibilities that Ug-Land could have when its gone i start to think its time for it to go

Thomas
Anonymous

they would because of the rides
joshua333

I think the corkscrew should not be demolished as it is still a family favorite and it is the ride that is the first rollercoaster the goes upside down for many people (i am one of them).
rita should have been placed in its own area maybe with a few other racing themed rides.
John

[quote=""joshua333""]rita should have been placed in its own area maybe with a few other racing themed rides.[/quote]

Its all very well saying that but there isn't really all that much usable space for a ride like rita, which basically needs a large flat piece of land - something that AT has practically none of.

I can't really think of anywhere else it could go, though they probably could have got a different layout rocket to fit in somewhere if they could fit it to the terrain.

A launched coaster should be ideal for AT, as they can be very fast and extremely exciting without needing to go high or underground, so in that respect rita was a wasted opportunity.
Rush

Ok, I think the Ug Land theme should stay, however, the area needs to be worked on. Firstly, rip out all the queue lines surrounding Rita and corkscrew. Then, parellel to Ritas launch open a new strip of shops and place lots of themeing (dinosaur style) around it. Then, underneath Rita's launch have the corkscrew entrance, so that it isn't like a maze trying to find the entrance. Then around the back of the new shops place a new rita queue, which runs parralel to the launch going back and forth, thus taking less room and not blocking the entire area. Create station access from the right hand side, and have the Rita queue elevated over the corkscrew queue. This then give you a nice bit of unused land where the Rita queue formally was. In this area, we place the lava lump, within one of the huge helixes of rita, and rebuild the tree house thing next to it. In the rest of the area, place some seats and themeing, and you have a delightful litle area to sit. Finally, in the huge clearing, formally home to boneshaker, place a new Mondial supernova, and bring back the ug bugs. What you then have, is a large area of park, with mainly family rides, and one major coaster quite well hidden by shops. (or atleast as you enter the area) I think this would really make ug land family like and pleasant. (i aslo forgot, paint Rita's launch track corkscrew colour, and other main visual parts duller colours/corkscrew colours, thus making the ride fit in much better)
Hello!!

[quote=""duckman""][quote=""joshua333""]rita should have been placed in its own area maybe with a few other racing themed rides.[/quote]

I can't really think of anywhere else it could go, though they probably could have got a different layout rocket to fit in somewhere if they could fit it to the terrain.

A launched coaster should be ideal for AT, as they can be very fast and extremely exciting without needing to go high or underground, so in that respect rita was a wasted opportunity.[/quote]

This is what makes me so angry! This could've been just as special and iconic as Oblivion or Air, weaving in and out of trees, under and over the ground, through tunnels etc....

......instead they just plonked in on stilts.

:|

Had the Black Hole been kept and Corkscrew removed we wouldn't be in the situation we are now with one very confused area, and one, well, pretty dire area (disreguarding Oblivion).

:rolls:
Tune Of The Week - Midfield General - Go Off
http://www.brassicbeats.com/_flashPlaye ... 6&title=Go
AT Mad 92

As Much As I Love Corkscrew, I Think In A Few Years Alton Will Remove It And Re-theme Ug Land To Tie In With Rita. Personally I Think It Was A Bad Idea To Put Rita There Because It Ruined The Theming There And Now There's Hardily Any Space In Ug Land. All I Can Say Is We've Still Got A Good Few Seasons Of Corkscrew.

.At Mad 92. :D
Anonymous

they should build a ride where when you q up you see all the mechanical things working like for instance rita you could see the pipes and motor and stuff
PA1234

[quote=""AT Mad 92""] Personally I Think It Was A Bad Idea To Put Rita There Because It Ruined The Theming There And Now There's Hardily Any Space In Ug Land.

.At Mad 92. :D[/quote]
Completly agree with you there. Rita doesnt make sense there atall! If you stuck it in adventureland it would tie in with the theme better there...ug land is ment to be prehistoric.
havin sed that i love rita to bits!
Nemesis front row!

I totally agree! Rita doesn't suit Ug Land and Ug Land doesn't suit Rita! After Corkscrew Ug Land needs a complete re-theme!

Sit back... it\'s fright time!
amylovesaltontowers

[quote=""Hello!!""]I say get rid of the Ug theme altogether, remove Corkscrew, put a flat ride in it's place and retheme the area to Thunder Rock theming the shops and stalls as garages and pits. Move Ug Swinger to Katanga Canyon and retheme it accordingly, replace it with a smaller kiddie based attraction like the Boucing Bugs and make the Rita queue more interesting.

I don't think the Ug Land theme will ever work whilst Rita is there so it's best just to retheme it completely.[/quote]
I agree, the theming was working great untill Rita was put in.
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
moose

why has everyone got it in for rita rita rocks its a better experience than corkscrew becuase corkscrew does ur head in and it looks better they should get rid of it asap :twisted:
Nick

People have it in for Rita, because its installation saw an extremely well themed area of the park now ruined with a complete mis-match of themeing
moose

but the change could have been a good thing aswell they could have made rita better and made that whole area better with the race theme couldn't they? corkscrews had its day and thats like the only ride there that was worth going on when rita wasn't there now people would rather go on rita than corkscrew so why cant they just change the area to suit rita? :?:
JL

Is corkscrew as movable as it seems? if it is why not...

Move corkscrew to the former Coaster Corner, theme etc. New Ug-Land, have this area feeding all the way behind Charlie MC Donald's and the new wooden coaster which has been rumored to be placed here. A new entrance to the far left, Thunder Rock Rally- Ug-Lands premiere race course. two areas in one, an entrance to thunder rock rally in the main sweeping corridor of the park and also though Ug-Land (New)

Sorry if that was waffley. :lol:
jennal

Theres far too much going on with the retheme of merry england for ugland to be bothered about!
Also why ugland think of forbidden valley back in the day?
That themeing has been dissrupted majorly by air and the chippy has it not?

Anyway I can see others perspective of how Rita clashes with the themeing of the area, but from spending far too much time there you have to think about it, but Rita has actually quite cleverly slotted in.
The trains however don't but the whole idea of the thunder rock ralley racing, kind of brings you into the whole flintstones/more modern cave man era??

It's hard to explain but really when your in Ugland next season really really think about it and it does make some sense
rita demon
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""jennal""]Theres far too much going on with the retheme of merry england for ugland to be bothered about!
Also why ugland think of forbidden valley back in the day?
That themeing has been dissrupted majorly by air and the chippy has it not?[/quote]

The theming in Forbidden Valley has been completely disrupted with some fantastic themed items being removed, a hideous fish n chips shop being place right in the middle and the addition of Air, but that still does not excuse for the disgrace that is Rita. At least Air is tucked out of the way, unlike Rita which towers over the entire area.

[quote=""jennal""]Anyway I can see others perspective of how Rita clashes with the themeing of the area, but from spending far too much time there you have to think about it, but Rita has actually quite cleverly slotted in.
The trains however don't but the whole idea of the thunder rock ralley racing, kind of brings you into the whole flintstones/more modern cave man era??[/quote]

How has it "cleverly" slotted in? Just because they've added the whole Thunder Rock Rally title it's clever all of a sudden, more like a cheap and easy way of trying to make it fit in. If it really was trying to target the whole Flinstone idea, then you would have thought they should have actually added some theming to make it seem that way?

[quote=""jennal""]It's hard to explain but really when your in Ugland next season really really think about it and it does make some sense[/quote]

Think about it? So basically your expecting guests to walk into Ug Land and try to imagine and think up a way of making Rita fit in? Imaginary theming, I can just imagine it now...

I've missed not ranting about Rita for a while. :P