Wooden Rollercoaster (local residents phoned me)STATS incl!!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
boozer

Hiya,

One of my relatives lives up in alton and phoned me today sayin that the plans for a wooden ride would be much like the scoby doo one in america (so worthless rele)

I am coserned at the size as it is a small coaster

i've posted further on some stats of it
Last edited by boozer on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Pop Rocket

If what you say is true you have given us a bit more information than most of us know, so there are plans but if its like the Scooby Doo Wooden Coasters in america I'm very worried and upset.

*Scooby Doo Wooden Coaster*

Now, could it be that it has the same layout or could it be that it is actually to a similar size. If its like Scooby Doo in size I'm deeply dissapointed, but if it means just in terms of the layout (Figure 8 Traditional Layout) then there is some hope.

I'm worrying now! :P

But what boozer said may or may not be true, so hopefully this is not true.

ps: Welcome to the Forums boozer!
Thomas

O deary me, looks abit erm, lets say poo. Small, Disappointing & o my goodness whats with the color? I really hope it isn't of a similar scale to that, would be a real shame if it was, mind you i think its going to be one of these rides that size doesn't matter too much, but the themeing around it

Thomas
Ash

I dont think hes a million miles off to be honest!

They did say it was a family sized coaster and much smaller. The heights make sense aswell. Theres not that much space there.
Maelstrom

it should be bigger than that as Alton have said it will be megaphobia size! This ride is only 35ft tall altons is expect to be between 60-70ft high.
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""Maelstrom""]it should be bigger than that as Alton have said it will be megaphobia size! This ride is only 35ft tall altons is expect to be between 60-70ft high.[/quote]

So, could we be looking at a smiliar layout of the Scooby Coaster but just a bit bigger at 60ft ? Hopefully it is nothing like this but I fear its true, lets be honest that layout sucks and is short as anything.

If they build something like that I will be gutted, if they build something like that but with in depth theming I would be quite happy as all is not lost but if they build that with either minial or no theming I will be devastated. :P
Adam

Well it sounds about right, this is Alton Towers remember. Always going for the cheap option.

I really hope this is not true.

*Adäm
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Anonymous

Well. I wasnt wrong then if this is true. I always said it would be a kids coaster. Because alton want something for the younger kids. Oh well. Carnt say i didnt see it coming. Behind cred street next to charlie was never going to be a SW or something.
Locker

I can certainly imagine it turning out to be something around that size. I'm sure more families would ride that than Megaphobia. That picture helps you visualise it in Coaster Corner too, it would fit in just fine.

Regards,
Mark
Dr Pop Rocket

It's gone from one extreme to another, first it was really too big (Which was not a bad thing), now it sounds like it will be way to small (Which is a bad thing). :P
MostMagicalCat

have faith peeps, its never going to be this size, not that have any info, or heard any wispers, i just know that this is not the coaster we are getting, no way.
[
AstroDan

I doubt that. Personally I cannot see Alton Towers' first 'major' rollercoaster installation in 3 years being something like that.

I am prepared now to cast that aside as rubbish.
Nick

I'm still looking for something along the scale of Megafobia or Balder
Danzaw*nk

After reading this my mind has filtered it to - bollocks.

Honestly, I cannot see Alton building something as tosh as Scooby Doo lol.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Anonymous

Why has everyone turned negative. people raised your hopes and thought it would be the woody we didn't get but they fact of the matter is there is no rides for children. NO thrill rides what so ever. And kids and young children wont come back until they have rides like that. Alton is loosing the young support to places like blackpool because they have more children rides and alton has none TBH. Between 1-1.4 meters theres nothing that thrill for kids. Its a good thing this is happening not a bad thing, its improving the parks image and just because it isn't for us were all its going to be bad. Alton has to change in order to grow new audience and they need a young audience so people come back when there older.

Am looking forward to seeing it and if am to big for it whats the issue. I have nemmy to go on.
Alton will make something for us again am sure of it, its just the young need something as well.
Josh

With no offence meant to boozer, there isn't any hard evidence to support the claim he makes, we haven't seen any official plans. Where did you relatives friends get this information from?

To be honest like AstroDan said, I can't see this being ATs first rollercoaster to be installed after 3 years.
AstroDan

Alton Towers have said this will be a family, medium sized Wooden rollercoaster.

Scooby Doo is family/kiddie but SMALL sized.
Wes

[quote=""Josh""]Where did you relatives friends get this information from? [/quote]

Locals in the Alton area get shown plans so they know what the park is planning. They can then raise any issues before AT go through the hastle of submitting them.

If its not that small, but Locals think its going to be that small, the plans are more likely to be aproved.

Kaz

[quote=""Danzaw*nk""]After reading this my mind has filtered it to - bollocks.

Honestly, I cannot see Alton building something as tosh as Scooby Doo lol.

Dan
[/quote]

I agree, I don't think Alton would be pure stupid enough to build something that small. A lot of people keep on pointing out how it will be a "family" coaster, I don't know about you but every rollercoaster I have seen has always been described as a family coaster. They don't call them extreme adult X rated coasters do they? They are called family coasters as it makes them more appealing to people in general. No rollercoaster can be a true family coaster as they can never cater for. Alton have already stated this will be on a similar scale to Megaphobia and I would say that is more believable then this rubbish. It will be Altons first major coaster in 3 years so they need something big to pull in the crowds, a small Scooby do coaster will not do this. I honestly think if Alton were to build this for 2008 it would show just down hill they are going.

It's kind of funny how gullible you lot are, this is coming from someone with 1 post behind them who talks in txt language, no wonder most coaster forums laugh at TTF.
Kelly

Well i hope this is just speculation, because it sounds crap tbh.

It would not be a good move on Altons part, to build another substancial ride, after a 3 year coaster gap. They need something special this time and it needs to be done right.

Just because its a family ride, doesnt mean it has to be crap, look at rmt!

But to me, i think this is just specualtion, theres not enough to back it up, as Kaz said, first time poster? (nothing against first time posters btw, just a bit of statement to make as a new member) :P