Creative Ideas For new AT Attractions

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
ColaRoaster

That was in my mind - I've tried to add to that but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they considered a lift.
ColaRoaster

I thought this might be fun - a room where the walls close in you. The partitions are on wheels and pushed in and out by hydrolic pistons. I think it would be best if they moved so slow you could barely tell and cause people to be disoriented. :8
cookiee_munster

ColaRoaster wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:45 pm Image

I thought this might be fun - a room where the walls close in you. The partitions are on wheels and pushed in and out by hydrolic pistons. I think it would be best if they moved so slow you could barely tell and cause people to be disoriented. :8
i've thought about something similar used in some kind of pre-show element especially if all four walls were to do it, but its difficult especially as you'd need some kind of walkway for people to be guided into which kind of ruins the illusion a bit. that's one thing i always took away from the haunted house/duel que. In a thematic sense, why on earth is this big walkway going right through the middle of the room? it's there for obvious reasons but from a story telling/theme standpoint it kind of ruins it a bit.
ColaRoaster

cookiee_munster wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:15 pm i've thought about something similar used in some kind of pre-show element especially if all four walls were to do it, but its difficult
Interesting idea, not sure how you'd pull it of though lol. You could also lift the ceiling quite easy but it would leave a gap.