Is the UK theme park industry heading for a bumpy ride?

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
elliegelsthorpe

Hi guys, 

I'm Ellie and I'm an undergraduate student in my final year of study at Edinburgh Napier University.  As part of my final year I need to write a dissertation and mines is focusing on challenges facing the UK theme park industry either currently or in the near future.  As a result of this I'm undertaking primary research in terms of a survey in order to gain perspective on how UK theme park visitors perceive their visits.  

I need as many responses as possible and hence, would like to ask you all to take a couple of minutes to participate.

The survey can be found here: https://survey.napier.ac.uk/n/zz4p6.aspx

Any response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
AltonOperator

Done. Good luck with your course!
Thanks Jack
Justin

Hi elliegelsthrorpe,

I've filled out the survey for you. Good luck with your studies. It is an interesting topic which I am sure can be discussed further.

I don't think we are heading for a bumpy ride just yet, mainly because we have recently seen investment in a number of UK theme parks. Just look at Alton Towers and Blackpool, for example, with Wicker Man and ICON. Paulton's Park has also recently announced a large scale expansion and Legoland is due to open their Monster Party attraction within the next few months. 

I do feel that parks don't invest enough sometimes, possibly due to shareholders, therefore allowing parts of the park to feel tired. Brexit will also be an interesting subject!
ProfBurp

All done for you and best of luck with your course!
elliegelsthorpe

Thank you all for taking part in my survey :) I'm so very grateful!