Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) General Discussion

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Owen

Rocky Mountain Construction have officially announced two new styles of roller coaster both supposedly coming to parks in 2017.

First, a compact wooden coaster using the topper track has been developed -

As well as RMC's take on a steel coaster, the single rail Raptor Track and single seater Raptor Train -

Both designs have been created to be cheaper and size efficient so that small parks can add these to their ride line up.

Video -

here

More info here.

What do you think of these new designs, and which parks do you think will invest in them for 2017?
Mermalizer

They both look really exciting, but I feel like the lower throughput for the Raptor coaster will be its downfall, especially if a park markets the ride as a big attraction.
Prepare to be mermalized!
stealthsmiler

I really like the Raptor track and it is definitely something that could work well as a main attraction for a smaller park who get fewer visitors, balancing out the low through put.

This could work well at Blackpool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Burniel

Woah. Did I hear that correctly on the video? 400 riders per hour theoretical capacity on 2-train operation?

It looks great and would be a fantastic ride, but that throughput is unacceptable and inpractical for bigger parks. Smaller park may benefit from adding the Raptor coaster, but I wouldn't expect to see one at bigger parks like Merlin parks or, to an extent, Blackpool.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Aidan Lowe

Rocky Mountain Construction has some Raptor single rail up.

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Georgie

Don't forget that RMC have already announced the T-Rex track, which is a single-rail coaster with space for two seats per row rather than one, so that will likely be the option taken by larger parks who want a higher-capacity ride.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
dazza4783

GThing64 wrote:Don't forget that RMC have already announced the T-Rex track, which is a single-rail coaster with space for two seats per row rather than one, so that will likely be the option taken by larger parks who want a higher-capacity ride.
T-Rex will have 3 seats per row.
Aidan Lowe

Raptor test footage can be found here.
Last edited by Chris on Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made link clickable.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc