Merlin Entertainments General Discussion

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Mi-Nigle

Aha. i think i get it now :D
Nick

Surely yesterdays change was just a full rebranding though, and releasing it to the public?
Williscroft

If you take a look at the new Alton Towers Scare Fest logo you will notice the Tuessauds name has been removed from the logo.
Anonymous

Can I ask, how does this effect us annual pass holders?
Adam

It wont, until probably next year...

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Anonymous

Oh good, I hope they dont change the system or put the prices up :shock:
leejay

They will probably jack the price for an annual pass up as there are 51 attractions. However I feel people may not part with £150+ as easily as £95, especially when they wont get £150 out of the pass (just visiting AT and TP for example). So as has been stated before, there may be a theme park one, or a Tussuards pass with a different name.
TenZero

Personally I think the Annual Pass system will be like this:

- Bronze Pass: Sea Life, The Dungeons, Warwick Castle, Madame Tussauds, London Eye.

- Silver Pass: Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington, Heide Park, Garda Land, Legoland

- Gold Pass: All of the Merlin attractions
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""Mått""]Personally I think the Annual Pass system will be like this:
- Silver Pass: Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington, Heide Park, Garda Land, Legoland
[/quote]

Ohhh, Whoopie, 4 theme parks - There'd be no point in sticking Gardaland and Heide Park on there, That's why Tussauds didn't do it! How many of us visit Heide Park and Gardaland on a regular basis? :P

We probably won't see any change to Annual Pass for a good while..

It would be interesting to see a 'Pick n Mix' type of pass introduced, where you choose the attractions you want to visit! :)
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
leejay

[quote=""Redcoat Jase""]It would be interesting to see a 'Pick n Mix' type of pass introduced, where you choose the attractions you want to visit! :)[/quote]

Now that would be fantastic. And would be great to promote too; "Choose where your pass takes you" "Merlin, giving you control of your entertainment."

Would work!!
AstroDan

I think a UK Merlin Attractions Pass would work best.
Redcoat Jase

I just had a browse of Merlin's website again, and came across this..

Clickster!

I dunno if they're just doing a usual Tussauds thing and pretending to give a damn, but their working ethos seems alot less 'make our business better' and alot more passionate about what they do.
It would seem alot of change would be in order for them to make the recently acquired attractions fit in with this though?

I hope they sort out Chessington Zoo, using the expertise from other companies!
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Ash

Hummm, I would like it if you could pick 6 different destinations, as now you have more choice, people could cater to there own needs and it would become more appealing perhaps?
Javs

Do you think that this is why we have not seen any developments for next year yet? From a business point of view all projects forthcoming would have to be revised by the new management.
Dara

Well not really I dont think.
Tussauds and Merlin are (for now) still going to operate as seperate companies. I really really hope that this is how it will continue. One effect of Merlin and Tussauds merging could be that Legoland and the Dungeons and Sealife Centres are included on the annual pass, and this will subsequently jack up the price.

Or, in an even worse scenario Merlin may decide it's not worth doing annual passes and get rid of what we now know as a Tussauds annual pass, and make everyone buy day tickets.
Green.Wing

I can see merlin having different areas and different groupings for its attractions,

City attractions - Sea lifes,Maddam tussauds,Dungeons

Family Attractions - Legolands, Chessington

Theme parks - Alton,Thorpe,Heide etc.

This would make more sense for the business and its structure.

Chessington would more towards the family areas with legoland where alton and the other parks would move more for a thrill experience. This way hitting as much target audience as possible with many attractions.
leejay

I do think a pick and mix would have more appeal. Doesn't cost the company any difference if your choices don't follow an 'attraction genre' shall we say. Plus it's more appealig to people "well little Jonny likes animals so sea life and Chessington for him, Our Bob and the big lad James like thirlls so Alton and Thorpe, Myself and my little girl however like to relax with some history and sightseing so Warwick castle and the dungeons for us."

Includes the whole family on one card. Phenominal :)
Adam

[quote=""Dara""]Well not really I dont think.
Tussauds and Merlin are (for now) still going to operate as seperate companies. I really really hope that this is how it will continue. One effect of Merlin and Tussauds merging could be that Legoland and the Dungeons and Sealife Centres are included on the annual pass, and this will subsequently jack up the price.[/quote]

No, they are not separate company's. That is what was confirmed by this topic. Tussauds is no more. Tussauds IS Merlin now!

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Chris1

[quote=""*Adäm""][quote=""Dara""]Well not really I dont think.
Tussauds and Merlin are (for now) still going to operate as seperate companies. I really really hope that this is how it will continue. One effect of Merlin and Tussauds merging could be that Legoland and the Dungeons and Sealife Centres are included on the annual pass, and this will subsequently jack up the price.[/quote]

No, they are not separate company's. That is what was confirmed by this topic. Tussauds is no more. Tussauds IS Merlin now!

*Adäm x[/quote]

Except Madame Tussauds i'm guessing........

Or is that changing to Madame Merlin?

:P
Scary

Hi guys!

So to let you know what I have learnt this week.
Just to also reiterate to some of you the Tussauds Group no longer exsits.
Merlin as whole are merging and rebranding pretty quickly, all the websites have now been updated to reflect the new ownership as I'm sure you've noticed. I also believe that new signage is being made for the attractions.
As of tomorrow the Melin London Big Ticket goes on sale which gives entryhe London Dungeon, Madame Tussauds and the London Eye.
I've heard lots of rumours about the annual pass and one of them was a pick and mix type deal where you pick the attractions you want, but nothing has been decided about this yet.
The Group now has 3 divisons,

Midway Attractions - Sea Life, Dungeons, Earth Explorer, Legoland Discovery , Madame Tusauds and the London Eye

Theme Park Resorts - Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Heide Park, Chessington WOA, Gardaland

LEGOLAND Parks - all 4 sites