Merlin Entertainments General Discussion

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
homer22422

Why doesn't Thorpe parks rides have a single riders entrance.
We need the single rider entrances like Alton towers 
bruce12

I thinking Camelot it is falling prices Camelot got brought out by merlin Camelot wound be good or just close down like American adversure did
onair

MattsDesigns wrote: A lot of interesting suggestions..

Longleat is near me so that would be nice. That has big house and a fair bit of land (not to mention the west country only has a small kids park) - don't that have a lot of stuff abroad though? Could be anything.
I'm from the westcountry too but please not Longleat. Its great as it is I would hate to see the Merlin brand on that.
MattsDesigns

but it could be like Chessington but better
It is pretty nice as it is though I agree but there's no parks in the west cept for Paultons. Wohoo - Paultons.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Tom G

This topic is from over a year ago and the fund was for attractions in Australia.
Themeparksandy1981

Look when it is finished I'm sure it would be called International Walk. It's just most people in America call International drive I-Drive.
If Universal are so worried why not rename theses Universal City Walk
Air lover

im backing universil there on there own pach and im a yearly visitor to Orlando and i wouldn't go to merlin attractions as they aren't up to florida standards
daveclarkedaveclarke

Not really a park question but a Merlin question.

I've a trip to London booked 7-9 march now with the dungens opening on the 1st what would i need to do as a premium pass holder to guarantee to get in there
Chaz

daveclarkedaveclarke wrote: Not really a park question but a Merlin question.

I've a trip to London booked 7-9 march now with the dungens opening on the 1st what would i need to do as a premium pass holder to guarantee to get in there
Just turn up, you don't need to book or anything. If its really busy you'll have to queue for some time, but get there early enough and you'll be in no worries.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
Rocket

For the first 10 days of the new dungeons, only premium passes are allowed. No standards till the 11th march
Confuzzled

Where did you get that from?
bensaund

SamJ wrote: For the first 10 days of the new dungeons, only premium passes are allowed. No standards till the 11th march
If this is true, then I'm not impressed....

http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/misc/standard-pass-restrictions-popup.aspx
"Please be aware that The London Dungeon is closed from the 31st January due to relocation. It will be re-open to Passholders from 11th March 2013 in it's new place next to The EDF Energy London Eye!"

This is well hidden I was planning on going but that really isn't impressive IMO, but I know they don't want thousands and thousands of pass holders flooding there and getting queue jump and general public who are paying the ridiculous entry price will not get in and Merlin won't get their money.

But if your a pass holder you can book for the preview event http://thenewlondondungeonpreview-web.eventbrite.com/

I think I will avoid the new dungeons for some time, to be honest I wasn't that impressed with the old ones. I would only go again as its included on the pass. But out of all the attractions Merlin have the only one I would pay cash to get in if I didn't have a MAP would be Alton and Chessie, and I would only do that on a BOGOF.
If you go down to the woods today
Rocket

Sorry to break that new guys. I believe if your a premium pass holder you can go as of the 1st march, but don't quote me on that (check the MAP site)
jamie.rivettcarnac

quote from the news post

The Australian company owns UnderWater World in Queensland, Melbourne Aquarium and some Australian ski resorts. It also has several assets in Asia including Shanghai Chang Feng Ocean World in China, Busan Aquarium in South Korea and Siam Ocean World in Bangkok.

so i see why merlin brought it as they dont just get a foot hold in australa they allso get a foot hold in Asia  / south korea and lots of money to be made there so i see it as good for them
RollercoasterGEEK100

Well i've been thinking the UK has some decent theme parks but not alot. It kinda gets boring going to the same theme parks every year. I wanna try something new. Probably other people do to. It would be nice to see a new range of coasters in the UK too! Whats your opinions!?  :D

Credit to NemesisRider
Altontowersbarlow

I dont think Merlin are going to give any new theme parks :D
Krazycoaster

My dream has always been to open up a theme park in the UK. I've got loads of ideas and concepts and just need a team to help see them through. It'd be awesome if it could come true; just need an area of land and some investors to start though!
Kirsty25

like a ttf theme park? We could all invest and be shareholders :P lol

I'll take charge of catering outlets then ;)
Krazycoaster

kleach2975 wrote: like a ttf theme park? We could all invest and be shareholders :P lol

I'll take charge of catering outlets then ;)
That's actually a good idea! Who's up for that? :P
RollercoasterGEEK100

Me!  :)

Credit to NemesisRider