As an Alton Towers fanboy/fangirl, what comments hurt you the most

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Count-Vonduel

Since most of us here are Alton Towers Fans, what kind of comments (made by non rabid fans or just people who don't know any better) hurt you?

The thing that always makes my blood boil is when people knock Hex and Sub-Terra because they are too shallow to look at it as a whole instead of just the ride and only the ride.

Another thing that annoys me is when Thorpe fanboys (aka loyal readers of the Sun waste paper) try to convince me that Thorpe is better than Alton. (Seriosly just do us a favour and stay at Thorpe and away from Alton)

Now yours!
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
Alex

People that spell the rides name wrong even when it is written in front of them *cough cough*

I will use an example of my point

[quote="Count-Vonduel"]

(2) Do they still have actors in sub-terre (lifts and the maze final)?
Last edited by Alex on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex.D

Well... I am more of a Thorpe fan tbh, as they now seem to be trying with customers and changing their brand image. But when people say Nemesis is at thorpe or nemesis is better at thorpe than at alton towers I rage at them.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
Kirsty25

Definitely the mispelling of names of the rides! Other than that, each to their own to be honest.
JD1991

Where do I begin...

For a start, clueless people. People who look at a ride and then loudly say "IS THIS (Insert ride name here)" when its usually plastered with signs. An example of this was an Saturday when a couple were stood right outside the entrance to Nemesis and said, "Is this the Smiler."

Also, I knock Sub-Terra every chance I get but that's just because I still have flashbacks of being in a 1 hour queue for it. I'll never get that time back...
I'm Hilarious.
TheBoyWithOneEye

1. people who talk a load of nonsense about rides and how they work when actually they are wrong just to impress their friends...

2. When people don't know the name of rides and say, "lets go on the Volcano One. (Nemesis inferno).

And final 3. When people boo at Thorpe park for being/having, "UN-themed, poor staff, broken effects" because now, come to think of it, Thorpe park is very well themed after the addition of The Swarm. And the broken effects... I don't expect you to keep your lights, TV, Radio etc on in your house everyday for a whole season and expect it still to be running fine at the end!
SuperWill

This is a tough question but the comments which hurt me the most are the ones when people get lost and ask you for directions like "Where is Nemesis?" "Where is The Smiler?" etc etc! And I'm like "Get an AT map if you are lost!" :P

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Kirsty25

SuperWill wrote: This is a tough question but the comments which hurt me the most are the ones when people get lost and ask you for directions like "Where is Nemesis?" "Where is The Smiler?" etc etc! And I'm like "Get an AT map if you are lost!" :P
or use the big maps located around the resort :P
dominoes

"What's your favorite ride at Thorpe Park?"
"Nemesis"
Maseyg123

"They shouldn't get rid of old rides" "they shouldn't build new rides because it makes entry prices higher" "what a waste of money" "rollercoasters are scary"
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
Fish777

TheBoyWithOneEye wrote: 1. people who talk a load of nonsense about rides and how they work when actually they are wrong just to impress their friends...
I used to be guilty of that quite a lot... But now I know how they do work.
Danny

When people try to put me off putting my hands up on rides by saying its so intense they have signs saying you must keep your hands down
I always put my hands up!
lucy2244

'Oblivions not safe, it looks too flimsy' is one I have heard..

Also, people who say 'why are you so obsessed anyway?' while they take photos in front of their life size Justin Bieber cut out  :roll:
Cookie Monster

when in the queue for the smiler and people say i need a belt were is my belt arahh (that makes me giggle)
Jack

I have a few friends, but they think rides are unsafe :x think that rides kill because of G :x and when people say they have been on 'The Nemesis' 'The TH13TEEN' The Air' 'The Colossus' 'The Stealth' :x
Count-Vonduel

Here's one that I just remembered.

"Is that the flume?" (points to Mutiny Bay Courtyard Stage) "it looks boring...unlike the one at American Adventure"

This was 5 years after that park closed down!
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
Luce

jackandylan123 wrote: I have a few friends, but they think rides are unsafe :x think that rides kill because of G :x and when people say they have been on 'The Nemesis' 'The TH13TEEN' The Air' 'The Colossus' 'The Stealth' :x
I agree with that and also, when you overhear people at the end of rides, especially rollercoasters who say "is that it?" as if they expect them to last ages!
Phild94

I dot generally get irritated by other guests in park but the worst is when people quote facts about rides and they're wrong e.g. Rita gets up to 100mph or Oblivion is the tallest drop in the world etc etc :/ if you don't know something don't quote as fact!!!!! XD

But other than that nothing really :)

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Danny

It really annoys me when you hear people leading theirs groups telling them all the facts and getting them all wrong and you really want to go and correct them. Like my last visit I had someone in Katanga canyon that this was mutiny bay and that the river rapids were the flume *facepalm*
Alex.D

Luce wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote: I have a few friends, but they think rides are unsafe :x think that rides kill because of G :x and when people say they have been on 'The Nemesis' 'The TH13TEEN' The Air' 'The Colossus' 'The Stealth' :x
I agree with that and also, when you overhear people at the end of rides, especially rollercoasters who say "is that it?" as if they expect them to last ages!
Except G-force at drayton. It looks like it should last longer.
Also when people tell others about a rides secret element
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97