Funny Things You've Overheard at Parks

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Swarm Chris

Not heard, but seen. Two people standing up on a large rock in the Inferno queue line, at the point where the track goes over the queue after the second corkscrew.

Hate to imagine just how close to the ride envelope they were.
Dom

Flamingoland, we were walking in the zoo area and a lady walked by an emu and shouts “OMG it’s a pheasant”
Piplup2003

Not so much funny this one, moreso sad, but I just remembered when I went to Drayton with my mates and they were like 'Lets go on G Force, that's so fun', and I decided to be the one to break it to them, before they saw the closed signs. Yeah, that wasn't fun.

Same day, some guy to his mates behind us in Shockwaves queue, 'Have you ever been on Oblivion at Alton? It's so sh*t, it doesn't go upside down, whats the point of a coaster without inversions?' *meanwhile im about to snap*
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.
DerpyQuark

At least he said ‘inversions’ instead of ‘loops’ or ‘twists’ or ‘upside down bits’.
Bexa

On a similar vein to that, I once heard someone call Wickerman 'a crappy little coaster that doesn't even go upside down'
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move
Piplup2003

Aha, I just remembeted this!

Last Scarefest, it was just me and my friend and we were lining up to get Project 42 tickets at the ticket booth outside X Sector and *everyone* was asking the same questions over and over again. By the time I got to the front of the queue, my friend went to sit down, and I asked for 2 tickets. The guy in the booth asked if I had ID and I said 'yes, don't worry, I did my research' and he very obviously felt relieved that he was having a break from all the mundane questions.

Side note, he said I didn't need to show him my ID, but I'd need to show it to the maze ticket checker. The checker didn't ask to see our ID :/
Harry347

When I was at Towers last, I over heard a guy in the queue for Rita telling his group that Rita is the fastest ride in the UK, -facepalm-
BigAxeDave

Saturday morning as we were walking toward the rapids at AT. Mum to son “ Don’t go near them, they are wearing Hawian shirts! “
Look! It’s a million to one chance.... but it might just work.
Piplup2003

My friend said the Nemesis music sounds a bit like The Crystal Maze music.

To be fair, she has a point.
Swarm Chris

"I've heard one of the reasons Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is unreliable is because they used parts from Dueling Dragons. Including, like sections of the track."

I had hoped that they were joking. They were not. :|
Peristertronic

Walking towards X-Sector, group of lads walks past, one says "Look, it's The Smiler. I told you it's f***ing yellow."
I really want to know the argument that went down beforehand.