The Merlin Annual Pass

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
DrKelman

In my previous post i was thinking about getting the premium annual pass instead of standard seeing as you get a bit more with premium. This is my first pass and in the past i'd usually visit the park 4 or 5 times a year (Hoping to visit a bit more often then that) so i'm wondering if it's worth buying the pass. I live in Manchester so Alton Towers and Blackpool pleasure beach are pretty much the only parks i can visit that are close by to me if i can persuade my mum to give me a lift :D. Would it be worth buying a pass or just continuing with my old routine and visiting 4-5 times?
Liam.W

In 2015, when I didn't have a pass, I visited 5 Merlin attractions. In 2016, when I had my first annual pass, I visited 12 Merlin attractions. It's definitely worth the money. You end up going to attractions more than normal because you can literally grab your pass and go. It's definitely worth the money! I'm upgrading mine to Premium when it runs out in the middle of this month!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Lhayze

Hi all,

An awkward one... Basically I'm a northerner planning to renew my annual pass.
I have 2 friends down south that's going to buy their first annual pass to make up the family discount.

Now, I don't mind selecting my "home" as Thorpe Park for the convenience of the other two.. (it's literally only the collection of the passes right?)

Now I notice I cannot 'renew' my pass and have those 2 buy new ones (without any discount)... Either all 3 has to be renewing or 3 brand new purchases...
Ok this is all fine so far...

The problem is, now if I was to select Alton as my home, the passes are £129 for the premium passes... But when I select Thorpe they are listed as £149...

I haven't seen to see anyone else mention this...There is no extra benefit which destination you choose right?

Otherwise it's just an error... But then I don't see anyone else mentioning this?

Hope someone can clear this up for me... :)

Cheers!
DeadJack5

Hi there

I am going to be buying a merlin annual pass for me, my sister and her partner. I wanted to know wether it is worth upgrading just my annual pass to premium and the other 2 as standard or upgrade all 3?

Me and my sister both drive, I will most likely be going to more attractions compared to my sister and going to more theme parks. Is it worth the extra money for all being upgraded or just the one so we get free parking?

(Ps: when the annual pass ends and is renewed when it's a premium card, will I get another package featuring fast tracks and discounts for friends codes?)
Michelle

I'd probably say if you and your sister both drive, and your sisters partner is likely to usually visit with your sister, then either upgrade only yours, or yours and your sister.
Don't forget if you upgrade as well as the free parking, you will also get share the fun £15 entry vouchers for friends/family, and no restriction dates if you want to visit the London attractions on Bank Holidays or during the summer.
When you renew next year, if you renew as premium again then yes you will get the pack again (providing they continue to offer the pack with the 2018 passes)
Xenor

So my pass has on it "Expires: 04/03/2017". Does that mean I can use it on this date or does it expire as soon as that date arrives?
Ladyofthelake

Xenor wrote:So my pass has on it "Expires: 04/03/2017". Does that mean I can use it on this date or does it expire as soon as that date arrives?
You will be able to use it on that date. With the Merlin Annual Passes the expiry date is the last day you can use your pass :)
Xenor

Ladyofthelake wrote:You will be able to use it on that date. With the Merlin Annual Passes the expiry date is the last day you can use your pass :)
Awesome thanks. :)

I won't be visiting the Merlin parks enough this year to justify renewing but I'm going to Blackpool on the 4th/5th so figured maybe I can do some of the Merlin things there on the 4th.
DrKelman

My friend is going to buy the premium annual pass and since he has a disability he told me that i can get a free carers pass. Has anyone on here had a carers pass in the past? and is the carers pass different to the actual pass?
Morgan

You can get a disabled carers pass if you bring the right documentation. It basically means anyone over 16 can get in free, as long as the MAP holder is present :)
DeadJack5

Hi there. Do you receive emails from Merlin for having an annual pass? I've had no emails from them yet and brought my pass in person. Do I need to connect them to see if my email is right and start emails to come through?
Ladyofthelake

Deadjack5 wrote:Hi there. Do you receive emails from Merlin for having an annual pass? I've had no emails from them yet and brought my pass in person. Do I need to connect them to see if my email is right and start emails to come through?
There are regular Annual Pass emails which are sent out and detail special offers and other information. If for any reason you're not receiving these you can go to the Merlin Annual Pass Home Page, scroll down almost to the bottom, and you should see a button to subscribe to the mailing list. Enter all your details and you should get emails after that :)
Liam.W

I'm picking my Annual Pass up from Alton tomorrow (It's already bought). What do I need to take with me to collect it except the email confirmation?

Ibizarocks16

Does anyone know when Merlin may have an annual pass sale on next?
Liam.W

I think they normally have one in Summer around June time?

Dominator

Hello,
Does anyone know when the Merlin Pass Sale starts in May?
Dom

As mentioned above, it could be next month, that is, if they are having one. All I can suggest is to keep your eyes peeled on the Merlin pass website and their social media accounts as they will let you know first :)
Owen

The summer sale starts on the 1st of June! :)
Dan

Are there any Premium MAP holders out there who are looking to renew? Both Alex & I are needing to renew before the ScareMazing event and we're looking for someone to join us so we can renew as a Family and take advantage of the cheaper price.

If anyone fancies it then let me or Alex know :)
Aidan Lowe

I think I already know the answer to this but my car was broken into & wallet stolen which had my Premium Annual Pass in it, there isn't anything Merlin can do is there? Am I going to have to purchase a new one now?
Formerly known under username Andy Mc