The Merlin Annual Pass

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Craig

But for those who've got the old pass, when it's reprinted it won't include the oher attractions such as the Dungeons and Legoland. Shame really, my pass doesn't run out til end of August so won't be able to go there during main season :(

Would've been nice to do a few extra attractions this season, and I'm sure the it would've been better in the long run to allow existing pass holders access to them. It would probably encourage those who were unsure about renewing passes under the increased price to do so.
Craig

They're definitely missing out on making extra cash one way or another. A pro rata "topup" for the new annual pass would suffice for me. I wouldn't mind paying it in all honesty, it opens up a fair few more attractions, particularly Legoland, and even the Sealife Centres (wow a Merlin attraction that's actually near me!). Even if they just upgraded them for free, I feel they would benefit in the long run too.

Just had a browse on the Warwick Castle website, and they've update their annual pass page. Which now states:

+ 20% off eating & Shopping at Alton Towers Resort, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, London Eye, Madame Tussauds, Warwick castle, SEA LIFE and the Dungeons. Terms and conditions apply.

10% off Eating & Shopping at LEGOLAND Windsor. Terms and Conditions apply.

I'm loving this THORPE PARK gimmick they've got going on :roll:
John

[quote=""Craig""]I'm loving this THORPE PARK gimmick they've got going on :roll:[/quote]
I'm seriously considering going to guest services at thorpe to make a complaint of some kind which involves me shouting THORPE PARK several times.

On topic: I really don't think they've handled the changeover well, they've left everyone confuses over what they are entitled to, and to what they will/wont be entitled to if changing from an ex-tussauds pass. As a result I'm not really sure if the new pass offers me good value for money yet.
Lon

Thank you for your email regarding your Annual Pass.

We can confirm the following;
The new Merlin Annual Pass is only available for our UK attractions
only.
With the new pass you will receive 20% off food at Alton Park resorts
and attractions and at some retail outlets subject to the terms and
conditions.
You will receive 10% discount at Legoland Windsor.
You are unable to upgrade your Tussauds Annual pass - you will have to
wait until it is due for renewal.
Please note that you will have to visit our attractions to have your
Tussauds pass re printed as our systems have changed at admission
before
using the Tussauds pass.

Should you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact
us.

Kind regards
Merlin Entertainments Group

Thank you.
We appreciate all your comments. What we intend to put on our website is
all the points that you have brought up in a Frequently asked Questions
section, this should be available in the next few weeks.
Once apologies for this, please watch the website for updates.

Kind regards
merlinmagic

its quite simple really... The tussauds annual pass and merlin annual pass are not the same. one has access to the euro theme parks and the other for the new merlin attractions. this is probably why they changed the whole design of the cards and logo rather than just add new attraction logos to the current old tussauds 'look' of the pass.

both passes will have the same benefits so we are not loosing out there.

if you want a new merlin pass we will have to wait until our tussauds pass runs out or buy a merlin pass and have two passes. i will probably wait as its going to be only 86 to renew for a whole year (7.17 a month)...bargain!!!

why does everyone actually need to visit legoland sea life or dungeons before their pass expires? they are still going to be there when your passes expire!!! nobody is loosing out on anything are they? we pay for a tussauds pass for 6 attractions...we get a tussauds pass for the 6 attractions.
Dean

When they talk about existing Tussaud Annual Passes they have made it a bit more confusing by adding the Merlin logo part way through last year, to the old style pass.

Yes we understand the two passes, but it's quite confusing I'm guessing to the joe public, even the old style pass was called Merlin Annual Pass.

Hope they have enough of the old style cards to re-print, as if they start using the new pass for just a re-print, it really will confuse people even more.

Luce

When they talk about existing Tussaud Annual Passes they have made it a bit more confusing by adding the Merlin logo part way through last year, to the old style pass.

Yes we understand the two passes, but it's quite confusing I'm guessing to the joe public, even the old style pass was called Merlin Annual Pass.

Hope they have enough of the old style cards to re-print, as if they start using the new pass for just a re-print, it really will confuse people even more.

That's what I thought too - my current AP looks like that - Merlin certainly haven't made it easy - I've been a little confused but no doubt they'll be hordes of Annual Pass holders queueing to have their cards re-printed! :D
Anonymous

Hello!

The annual pass website is now live, at last. Still no mention if we still get free parking at Alton Towers though.

Here is a link: http://www.annual-pass.com/faq/faq.asp? ... co_voucher

Here is a copy of the question and answer we have been waiting for:

I have a Tesco Voucher valid for the Tussauds Annual Pass, but I have not redeemed this yet...
Is it still valid?

Yes. If your voucher is still within the 6 month validity date of issue, then this is still valid for redemption at any of the following attractions: Alton Towers Resort, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, the London Eye, Madame Tussauds and Warwick Castle. Attraction entry for this pass are for the attractions state previously

Can I exchange this voucher for a NEW Merlin Annual Pass?

Yes you can, when you visit one of our attractions, for a £15 upgrade fee we will issue you with a New Merlin Annual Pass.
Crofty

Is my Annual Pass valid in the International Attractions?
The New Merlin Annual Pass is valid at UK attractions only.

Those with current & valid Tussauds Annual Passes please be advised that your pass is only valid for the following UK attractions: Alton Towers Resort, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, Warwick Castle, the London Eye and Madame Tussauds . Please check their calendar for opening times.

:(

Bad news for us Tipi travelers then.
Vik

Hello!

The annual pass website is now live, at last. Still no mention if we still get free parking at Alton Towers though.
Thankfully, there is free parking at Alton Towers, it's mentioned on This page :D
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Joel

[quote=""Crofty""]Bad news for us Tipi travelers then.[/quote]

I'm pretty confident that Europa Park will still take it as it features the Alton Towers logo and states Annual Pass.

Unless Merlin stop taking the Europa Park pass at Alton too and notify them :(

Might be worth emailing Europa Park in a months time or so and asking ;)

If not, good old Clubcard is there to bail us out again Crofty boyo.... you can get Europa Park tickets as a backup plan, and if we dont need them or use them, send them back to Clubcard for a refund of the points. Voila :P
Anonymous

[quote=""Vik""]
Hello!

Thankfully, there is free parking at Alton Towers, it's mentioned on This page :D[/quote]

Thanks Vik (how well hidden is that though? They should still have a benefits page with it all listed)

(I am not sure how to click thanks on this board!! Doh!! Just now seen the Thanks button at the top of each post!! I wasnt signed in before!)
Joel

As posted on the other thread, heres what they look like, minus a chunk of my vital access barcode LMAO...

teammad

I have been pestering the AP office about entry to PA, today i got this email:

"Dear Guest,

Thank you for your email regarding your usage of the Annual Pass at Port Aventura in Spain.

We apologise for the delay in responding, but we can now confirm that your yellow Annual Pass will be valid for entry into Port Aventura until the pass expiry date this year.

Kind regards

"
Cheers,
Dave
leejay

Does this mean there is no longer 20% off hotel stays with annual pass?
TenZero

[quote=""leejay""]Does this mean there is no longer 20% off hotel stays with annual pass?[/quote]

[quote=""Annual Pass website""]
With 20% off stays*, choose between the quirky Alton Towers Hotel and the tropical Splash Landings Hotel, for a truly extraordinary experience.

* Why not combine your Theme Park day out with a splash in Cariba Creek Waterpark? Save £3.50 off entry, only £9 per person.
* Annual Pass holders get to enter the park before the general public at 9.00am for Early Ride Times on selected rides
* 20% off eating and shopping**
* Free parking at Alton Towers Theme Park
[/quote]
Squiggles

[quote=""Mått""][quote=""leejay""]Does this mean there is no longer 20% off hotel stays with annual pass?[/quote]

[quote=""Annual Pass website""]
With 20% off stays*, choose between the quirky Alton Towers Hotel and the tropical Splash Landings Hotel, for a truly extraordinary experience.

* Why not combine your Theme Park day out with a splash in Cariba Creek Waterpark? Save £3.50 off entry, only £9 per person.
* Annual Pass holders get to enter the park before the general public at 9.00am for Early Ride Times on selected rides
* 20% off eating and shopping**
* Free parking at Alton Towers Theme Park
[/quote][/quote]

Looks like there's been another slight change in the T&Cs then. The site now states that instead of the £3.50 discount on Cariba Creek, it is now a 20% discount. (about £10.40)
Edwardo..... move me!
dammys

do many people feel like they have been a little betrayed by merlin ents group including all of here attractions on there new annual pass without the option of including a possible paid or unpaid upgrade? i strongly do as our annual pass was not purchased until october so we now have a full season without this upgrade option even though thorpe park and alton towers had informed us that if any attractions were to be added they would be included on existing passes! this happened with the london eye a few years ago, and the annual pass website did a survey last summer time asking peoples opinions on wether they would like a pass for all attractions so they knew tey was thinking about it so they should of said please wait until next season if you would like to benefit from this! it is of course fully possible to include all atractions on exsiting passes as al current pass holders need to have a new pass issued upon arrival at there next visit

BULBOUS

If you feel that you are going to visit the new attractions this year, before your pass runs out, you have the option to upgrade your current year to include the extra attractions, such as Sea Life and Legoland.

You'll be given the choice of whether to "upgrade" or not when you get your card reprinted, as you will NEED to do when you next visit one of your existing attractions.
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
Joel

Errrr actually you can't upgrade your existing pass at all, and it was being done in error and misunderstanding.

Merlin Annual Pass said on the phone the error was being rectified, and the £15 upgrade is ONLY for customers with Tesco Clubcard Vouchers for the OLD Merlin Pass, and not for anybody else. The Annual Pass offices didnt even know that mind, and started giving it out to everyone.
Can I exchange this voucher for a NEW Merlin Annual Pass?

Yes you can, when you visit one of our attractions, for a £15 upgrade fee we will issue you with a New Merlin Annual Pass.

N.B THIS UPGRADE IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR TESCO CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE NOT YET REDEEMED THEIR VOUCHERS.
Sorry :(