The Merlin Annual Pass

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
timmy1372

Ahh i see makes sense

I just assume its open dated then? they got them exchanged at the kiosks and thats it
geordiemark

[quote=""timmy1372""]Is that the replacement for a recently expired pass price?[/quote]

Hi there Timmy

We paid £75 for new passes and not renewals, we purchased them from this web site:

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/getinvolved/rai ... 47189.html

Hopefully the offer will still be on for others to enjoy.

Mark :D
Have Fun.

Mark

Craig

Yes the offer is still available at the moment. However, be quick since it states September on the site so unless it's going to be extended, it may be disappearing shortly!

Even though the pass is cheaper than the normal price, Merlin will donate £5 per individual pass and £10 per family pass purchased too :D
Nick

Edit - Crofty:

The Tussauds annual pass has now been replaced with the Merlin Group Annual pass.

Current Tussauds pass holders will still be able to use their passes but will need to have them re-printed on their next visit. Please see the Annual pass website for details. 8)

In a nutshell:
12 months unlimited entry to Alton Towers Resort, Legoland® Windsor, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, Madame Tussauds, The London Eye, the Dungeons, Warwick Castle and Sea Life.

Other passholder benefits are included, details are on the annual pass website Here.

Frequently asked questions can also be found on the annual pass website. FAQ

Please use this topic for any other questions, opinions or news you have regarding the new Merlin pass.

:D :D

I emailed Merlin, and they said that 2007 Tussauds/Merlin pass holders will be able to get a discounted rate for the new Merlin Pass.

They also told me this is a UK only pass, so it may look as though the deal for entry to Europa, Asterix and Port Aventura will no longer continue
stigzy

[quote=""Nick""]They also told me this is a UK only pass[/quote]

This is very confusing now! I would of thought they could of at least put Heide Park on the list somewhere too!
AstroDan

£110 is good, but I trust there's a renewal rate too. A little concerned about special events... I can feel a letter coming on if they start taking away benefits however I am sure that the old annual pass T's & C's said the same.

RE: Non-UK parks, I would envisage that Gardaland and Heide-Park + Sea Life centre's and Legoland's abroad will NOT accept the pass (although chances are they will anyway if it says Merlin on it) - However parks that have a gentleman's arrangement with Alton Towers will still accept it.
Kaycee

£110 is a lot to shell out in one go... I'm a little disappointed they didn't go with any mix-and-match options with the parks - because I know at the end of the day, whilst my pass will be able to get me in loads more places, I'm only realistically going to be using it on the same attractions I always have. So whilst it's good value, I'm probably a little worse off for it than I would be.
Chris-TT

I would be very surprised if they did exclude “Special Events” at Alton Towers. I think they probably mean corporate hire and the likes of anything similar. Although they say special events, there just covering there backs in-case any pay per entrance exclusive events come up. E.g. Rhythm and Rides.
Looking forwards to visiting Legoland and the London Dungeons now!
AstroDan

[quote=""Kaycee""]£110 is a lot to shell out in one go... I'm a little disappointed they didn't go with any mix-and-match options with the parks - because I know at the end of the day, whilst my pass will be able to get me in loads more places, I'm only realistically going to be using it on the same attractions I always have. So whilst it's good value, I'm probably a little worse off for it than I would be.[/quote]

I know what you mean to be honest. They could add every theme park in the world, charge £500 which would be "good value" so to speak, but at the end of the day, you are only actually going to go to a percentage of these attractions. £110 just sounds a lot of money, hopefully the renweal rate will be more like £85 or £90, but the bottom line us the cost of my annual pass has risen now by around £30 in just 2 years, regardless what you do and don't get to visit.
Chris-TT

Unfortunately that’s they way they play the game. Rope you in with a cheap rate, you get used to making use of the facilities on a regular basis and can’t really picture yourself living without an annual pass. They then have your loyalty, add a few other perks to justify there costs and up goes the price.

Even If they even lose 20% of pass holders (which I’m fairly sure they won’t) there still laughing as there GP margins will increase, and the percentage they have lost are likely to visit at least one of the attractions during the year.
BULBOUS

TBH I dunno whether I'll bother with this. Think I might just go for the regular AT one - I've had it since July, and only visited Alton Towers.

Unless someone can dig up another NSPCC type offer, or the renewal rate remains the same. :P
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
merlinmagic

emailed them. looks like you can renew your tussauds annual pass into a merlin one when it runs out for £86. Thats a bargain!!! but they did say that the international parks would no longer be part of the scheme but to be fair i didnt use them anyway! i also asked about the benefits and they say that they remain ''unchanged''

everyone in here seems a bit negative about the whole thing. i think its really good value...£86 for current pass holders (although we have to wait until our current pass is due for renewal). and remeber they did a load of questionnaires a few months ago so the new pass its prob what the research shows...they are not just going to make something up!

not sure how it will work for people with tesco vouchers. maybe email them and ask...annual.pass@merlinentertainments.biz
Vik

I received an email from them this morning regarding some questions I had.

Some of which have been answered anyway;

As we know there will be a renewal price for existing Tussauds pass holders. Not mentioned what it would be, but if the £86 mentioned above is correct, then guess it makes it more bearable than £110.

The events in question where the pass will not be valid, will be for private events, or music events where an extra charge is applied, such as the cancelled Rhythm Rides event last year, where you got normal access to the park, but not the actual music event itself.

The current benefits are still valid, and will continue to be so.

New site, with all the benefits will be online shortly, though no timescale was given.

The pass is UK only, not valid an any European parks.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

DanW

Because I've already got an annual pass from last year, can i use it at Portaventura in April as it expires in October. I know we have to get them reprinted but when I bought it, it clearly said, Access to Portaventura.
www.themeparkmania.co.uk - check it out!
Nick

Do they scan the passes at Port Aventura? If so I doubt the new ones will be accepted. Europa possibly, as they only photocopy the pass and record the details
teammad

They are looking at allowing the old passes into Portadventura, but the new ones wont allow entry to PA.

Iv been told they will email be back in a few days about PA on old passes.

Dave
Cheers,
Dave
TenZero

Just to let people know. If you have a ex Merlin/Tussauds AP, when you go to get the re-print, you don't get the new attractions added onto it, and you cant pay extra for that to happen either. Lot of people seem to think otherwise.
Kaycee

[quote=""eddyfenton""][quote=""Kaycee""]

Daayyum, I want this email too. For the benefits that I'd really like to see stay - it's the 20% discount off the AT Hotels and the 20% off the drinks at the bar. :P Without that discount, it's really not as feasible for me to be staying at the Hotels as often as I have done... and I tend to spend a lot of money at the bar. :P
[/quote]

Don't want to start up a long bar discount discussion (yet) again, but can I assume that Annual Pass holders (as in GROUP annual pass rather than AT annual pass holders) are getting 20% off drinks at the Hotel Bars now?

If so, is this EVERYTIME you show them your card, or do some staff do it, others not?...

If so, it's worth me getting the group pass this year rather then just the AT season pass, I spend a fortune on booze at AT Hotel!

Ed.[/quote]

Well, I have the Tussauds Annual Pass currently and that gets me 20% of drinks at the bars in the AT Hotels. Someone posted up there that the benefits remain the same, so I assume it's all good. :D Which is great, because I too spend a fortune on alcohol there as well! I really wouldn't be able to afford to go so much if there wasn't annual pass discounts on rooms, Flambo's and alcohol - it is great value ultimately...
Lon

I think it's excellent value, but a real shame the European Parks have been removed and now it doesn't include Chamber Live?!?
stigzy

...But, you don't that anyway now since well London Dungeons is free and far, far much better :D!