The Merlin Annual Pass

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Beans

[quote=""Adam""][quote=""Mått""][quote=""Spike""]
Free Express Pass Entrance at Chessington (23rd July – 2nd Sept 2007 after 3pm)
Whats that mean? :?[/quote]

I suppose it means you can use the Express Pass entrance to all Express Pass rides, and don't need to queue. Rides include; Tomb Blaster, Dragon's Fury, Runaway Train, Dragons Falls, Bubbleworks, Vampire.[/quote][/quote]

The Express Pass is similar to Fastrack at Chezzy, I do know that Dragons Fury Runs it so that is good news.

Coming up first week in Sept so all the new changes will be good for us as we are doing a 2 day stop.
Parking Free, Little Chef(it is good enough for our visit) ERT being 8.30 now, makes our small break a tiny bit cheeper. Will use the 20% off merchandise and food in the park.
Well Done Merlin!!
Nick

ERT isn't 8:30am, it's a mistake. If you look on the Alton Towers Resort page it still says 9am
TenZero

[quote=""Beans""][quote=""Adam""][quote=""Mått""][quote=""Spike""]
Free Express Pass Entrance at Chessington (23rd July – 2nd Sept 2007 after 3pm)
Whats that mean? :?[/quote]

I suppose it means you can use the Express Pass entrance to all Express Pass rides, and don't need to queue. Rides include; Tomb Blaster, Dragon's Fury, Runaway Train, Dragons Falls, Bubbleworks, Vampire.[/quote]

The Express Pass is similar to Fastrack at Chezzy.[/quote][/quote]

Express Pass is Chessington's version of Fastrack.
timmy1372

Does anybody know what this definately means

Unlimited entrance into Portaventura, Spain (x1 entrance per pass)

I am guessing they mean unlimited usage for the named pass holder only as per uk AP rules, stating x1 entrance per pass is just covering there backs incase somebody tries to (stupidly) argue that it says unlimited entry so why cant i get 50 people in on the same pass, DUH!!!

Which means when i go to Spain next week i can get into Port Aventura more than once if i wish, sweet. :D
Craig

Yeah there must have been some problems regarding multiple entries on the same pass, so they've now made it clearer that it's one entry per pass. You can still use your pass on more than one day though :D
timmy1372

[quote=""Craig""]Yeah there must have been some problems regarding multiple entries on the same pass, so they've now made it clearer that it's one entry per pass. You can still use your pass on more than one day though :D[/quote]

Excellent ta
Redcoat Jase

..even Alton Towers ask 'How Many' when you give them your Annual Pass!

I don't understand why you're not allowed to insert it into the Turnstile, they let you do it at Warwick Castle? :?
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
BULBOUS

The turnstiles only read a tiny barcode at the top of the ticket. It wouldn't be able to scan your annual pass barcode. Although perhaps the mobile phone thing/scanner underneath could?
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
Adam

They could easily add a little scanner to the Turnstiles to do it. But, I guess they would rather have a scanner they never intend to use before this is added...

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
BULBOUS

Has anyone tried with the mobile phone thing? I could've sworn that I heard someone from staff saying to try the mobile image thing if the normal one didn't work.
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
rita's girl

Sorry if this has been posted before but I could not find ay info.

Is here an annual pass for under 12's without getting a family one.

I ask because my 2 are theme park junkies like me and they sometimes go with other members of the family who are also annual pass holders.

Thanks and it would be great if any one had any info xxx
Me x
Mart9876

Unfortunately not. The set price for a Tussauds Annual Pass is £85. However, many people here and in othe places will agree that this is by far the best value Annual Pass of any theme park. The family thing is only there because they don't want to be ripped off if 4 adults get 4 annual passes for the price of 3.
Smeck

Just FYI - the current price for an AP is £95, with renewals at £75 (I called AT yesterday to renew :))
geordiemark

I have just purchased mine for £75.

The value is amazing compared to other one park passes.

I only need to use it 3 times to break even. I used it yesterday at Alton so already one third of the cost recuperated already.

Fantastic value :D
Have Fun.

Mark

timmy1372

Is that the replacement for a recently expired pass price?
timmy1372

Also does anybody have any idea what these are on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TEN-TUSSAUDS-ANNU ... dZViewItem

They say its from a tesco club deal but thats not the same as the ones i have seen and used before, the clubcard one is with a tesco printed voucher but these are clearly printed of by the parks.

Where did they come from? i assume they will be valid if bought?

cheers

Tim
Craig

That looks like the one's that Alton issue when buying a pass or a renewal. Basically, the kiosk issues that ticket (in exchange for you handing over your deals voucher) to get you into the park for the day, then you exchange the issued ticket for an AP at the annual pass office.

Didn't know it could be used on a day other than that off issue though!
timmy1372

So basically because its Thorpe somebody has been and got it changed at a kiosk and being that Thorpes AP office is outside the park they never had to go in? although surely they would just send you straight to the AP office in the 1st place?

Odd
Craig

If you think back to how big the queues are at the Annual Pass office at Thorpe though. If you think of it from a business point of view, people are more likely to buy an AP if they can still get a full day on park. You buy an AP ticket at the kiosk, enjoy a full day on park then sort your AP out at the end. People might be put off if they were directed to queue at the AP office for a while to get the pass, losing ride time for their visit that day.
Nick

There are queues at Thorpes Annual Pass office in the morning because thats where you collect pre-booked park tickets from