The Merlin Annual Pass

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
evenstar120

Please can someone clarify this for me. I was at Alton in Towers Trading last weekend and was told that the pass holders drinks capsules were not sold at Alton and advised I would need to go to Thorpe to buy one. That can't be right???
Ladyofthelake

As far as I'm aware the Merlin Annual Pass Capsules should be available at all attractions classed in their Theme Park section of the business as a minimum (Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, LEGOLAND Windsor, Warwick Castle). I've not yet visited a midway attraction this year to know if they're sold there as well.

The only thing I can think is that Alton Towers had sold out and so they meant you couldn't purchase them that weekend.
Dr.Kelham

ladyofthelake wrote:As far as I'm aware the Merlin Annual Pass Capsules should be available at all attractions classed in their Theme Park section of the business as a minimum (Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, LEGOLAND Windsor, Warwick Castle). I've not yet visited a midway attraction this year to know if they're sold there as well.

The only thing I can think is that Alton Towers had sold out and so they meant you couldn't purchase them that weekend.
When I bought one the other week,(yes I caved in) I got mine from resort box office which is where they hide the privilege packs as well
With thanks to lewis97 :)
awsomelycoolboy

Can someone please give me information of the passes and what they do? I am looking at the table with what you can do with them on the MAP website. What is priority entrance to all attractions. Is that fast track for all ride? And what do you reckon the price would be for the MAP V.I.P?

Edit: ok, for a family it's £400 pp or individual £500 each for V.I.P MAP's. If you had a V.I.P MAP do you think you would get your money's worth in a year?
Last edited by awsomelycoolboy on Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evenstar120

Aha when I go back in a couple of weeks I will drop into the box office and see whether they have them on sale. Pretty poor business practice if they have sold out this early in the season. :-s I can appreciate that they might want to try and sell more one day capsules for a higher price but I am determined to get one as part of the perks advertised for the premium pass.
zippy

evenstar120 wrote:Please can someone clarify this for me. I was at Alton in Towers Trading last weekend and was told that the pass holders drinks capsules were not sold at Alton and advised I would need to go to Thorpe to buy one. That can't be right???
I was at Alton Towers the same weekend and bought one. Not available in any of the shops or food outlets around the park, so you have to go to guest services on Towers Street for them
Fiyero

Where can you get the new capsules at Legoland? I'm going tomorrow and would like one.
I think we need to forget that for some people it is worse value than before and judge it on its own merit, 75p per drink is much cheaper than theme park prices! Even supermarket cafe prices!!
Ladyofthelake

Merlin have announced that a Standard Pass will have 25% off throughout May making an individual pass £119, and a family pass £89 per person.

This is something Merlin haven't been know for doing before - usually we get the big January sale and that's it. Does this suggest that Merlin are struggling to sell the passes, or is this an attempt to distract us from the so far absent VIP pass?
Kirsty25

They did have 25% off in partnership with VisitEngland in last year :) so maybe its something to encourage sales during this time of year...
Dr.Kelham

I have a feeling it will more likely be the VIP pass distraction since they had more pass sales than expected over January
With thanks to lewis97 :)
Chaz

They doubled their total Annual Pass numbers in January. I'd say they sold just fine :P
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
Tupperwarequeen

Chaz wrote:They doubled their total Annual Pass numbers in January. I'd say they sold just fine :P

Well we bought 3 of them !! Thought about it previously, but never got round to it, but my OH lives in London, so we will get our money's worth by using them there and at ATR (we live only 40 mins from ATR). I also just bought a standard pass in the new offer for my other son (who previously 'wasn't bothered' - typical teenager!)
definedancing

Does anyone know when the current discount on Annual Passes ends? It's just that I'm holding out until payday...
Ladyofthelake

The current sale will be ending on Sunday, so there's not much time left!
definedancing

ladyofthelake wrote:The current sale will be ending on Sunday, so there's not much time left!
Nooooooo! :yikes: :no:

Oh well, thank you for letting me know.
Mayfly_

Merlin have finally put up more info regarding the VIP Pass.

For £500 I am certainly out, the perks are teribbly vague/seem bog standard with the exception of the unlimited fast track.

http://merlinannualpass.co.uk/vip.aspx

They also sent an email out. Launches on the 18th of June at 6pm apparently and you have to ring them up to purchase the pass.

1000 passes in total
Dom

I really want one. They look fun and oh so exclusive
Mayfly_

Dom wrote:I really want one. They look fun and oh so exclusive
For me I would consider being in if they gave some discount on unlimited fast track (day pass) for the person you bring.

I'll just stick to my trusty premium pass for now.
Aidan Lowe

Need to win the lottery before June 18th!
DavidRock

for what the pass is and if money was not a problem then I would get one. I think mainly its aimed at the solo enthusiast. Imagine if you had one and then you went in a group, would you leave the group because you had unlimited fastpass (I know some would say yes :lol )

I like how the pass has come about but the pricing is a bit steep. I can imagine some being used as competition prizes for media such as TV and Radio.

Also on a side note I've had an annual pass since 2000 and changed for the membership in 2013. its been fine all year taking the £15.99 out of my account. The payments have come out on the 11th every month. This month though no payment has been collected, there is no problem with my bank. I've contacted merlin and last Friday they have technical problems and also on Monday they had technical problems.

Just wondering if any Membership owners have had the same problems? I'm off to the Hotel this weekend and don't want to be told sorry you cant enter due to non-payment on the membership through no fault of my own?