The Merlin Annual Pass

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
sampy55

RobStandley wrote: Anyone clear up the ERT yet for friends and family?
Hi Rob,

Yes, I contacted them on Facebook and the F&F tickets do include ERT now.

A bit annoyed that I had to pay in full a while back, but glad that they listened to my complaint.
Nemesis makes me Smile
ThrillJunkie

Hello,

I've never had the pleasure of owning a MAP before and I'm extremely tempted. Does anyone know when the next MAP offer will be? Is it worth paying full price now for my pass or should I wait (baring in mind none of the parks reopen until February anyway).

Also does anyone know what the best deals are? I know I can get 20% off using my NUS Card.
ThrillJunkieUK
Luce

There's normally one around January time so perhaps you may be able to get one then.  Also, you can buy annual passes from any Merlin attraction as well as theme parks which would include Sealife centres and Dungeons :)
ThrillJunkie

Thanks Luce. I know the other attractions are still open but nobody gets a MAP for the Sealife Centers and Dungeons.

I just done a bit of research and found that Merlin had a MAP Sale that started on the 14th December 2012. Could it be possible that they will run the same sale this year?
ThrillJunkieUK
Kirsty25

It's possible, the main sale started on 26th December though for the Merlin Passes. You don't necessarily buy the pass for the other attractions but I can say I've been to:
Chessington
Thorpe Park (3 times)
Alton Towers (10 times)
London Dungeons
London Aquarium
London Eye
Madame Tussauds (London)
Blackpool Sealife

And have plans to do Blackpool Dungeons, York Dungeons and maybe a couple of other sealife centres before my MAP runs out in March.
Luce

ThrillJunkie wrote: Thanks Luce. I know the other attractions are still open but nobody gets a MAP for the Sealife Centers and Dungeons.

I just done a bit of research and found that Merlin had a MAP Sale that started on the 14th December 2012. Could it be possible that they will run the same sale this year?
I think you got a little confused - you can actually purchase Merlin Annual Passes that covers all attractions at locations other than the theme parks.  For example, this year I renewed my Premium pass at my local Sealife Centre and that covers all Merlin attractions :D
Last edited by Luce on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Osaka12

Agreed, A Merlin pass is well worth the £120 you pay in the January sale. I bought mine last January at Warwick Castle (premium map for £120) and honestly it was the best thing I ever did. Me, my friends and family have had some amazing trips this year thanks to the discounts offered with the map, sometimes full weekends away including hotel for a similar price to standard entry for a park!... Amazing value, we are all renewing this coming Jan! :) Buy it!
Last edited by Osaka12 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThrillJunkie

Still no sign of the 2014 MAP sale :-(

Last year the sale was announced on the 14th December and started on December 26th - 31st January.

I wonder if this sale has been scrapped due to the whole flotation on the stock market thing? :(
ThrillJunkieUK
Ladyofthelake

Quite a few people seem to be asking about the MAP sale on Facebook I've noticed. Each time the reply seems to be:
Merlin Annual Pass & Merlin Membership: Hi, we are currently awaiting information about our Annual Sale. Please keep an eye out on our website and Facebook page for any upcoming information
This would seem to suggest that there is going to be a sale of some sort. Personally I am hoping they will do a sale as I am seriously considering buying a MAP if they are reduced by a reasonable amount :)
bensaund

I don't believe the sale price will be as good as last year because I believe they are trying to get more members who will pay a higher price overall and with that monthly direct debit, will be more likely to be paying for longer than they need to as we all have had direct debits and it is hassle or should I say effort to cancel them.
If you go down to the woods today
leeConway

I have seen on Facebook that merlin are advertising "The Merlin annual pass is changing ......Even more spells in store."
Coming soon 27th December 2013. Anybody got ideas what's coming?
Maybe Platinum pass?
Last edited by leeConway on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lottie.

I reckon there may be changes to the pass, especially if they are going to stick with the Merlin Membership as well.
SamTP

For anyone who thinks the MAP is too expensive, then you can always pay in tesco vouchers! Also, £50 of vouchers is equivalent to a MAP!
Ladyofthelake

leeConway wrote: I have seen on Facebook that merlin are advertising "The Merlin annual pass is changing ......Even more spells in store."
Coming soon 27th December 2013. Anybody got ideas what's coming?
Maybe Platinum pass?
I'm honestly not sure what the changes could be. I have a number of theories, however with Merlin anything is possible.

I suspect that this may mean there won't be a sale in the same way there was last year. I expect that when the details of the changes are announced we will see some 'special offers' to mark the launch of whatever the new MAP may be.

If there are quite significant changes it will be interesting to see what will happen to those people who hold a pass in the current form - whether these will simply continue until renewal, or if Merlin will offer the opportunity to change the passes (although knowing Merlin if they make significant changes they'll want to charge for the 'upgrade'). I guess we'll find out on the 27th.
Balb0wa

Would be good if they did a platinum that included unlimited fast track.
mousch

Merlin have just sent emails: The Annual pass sale starts tomorrow 27th Dec £105 for regular, £125 for premium.
Also they have announced a VIP pass for £500 limited to 1000 passes. But no details released on that pass yet.
Last edited by mousch on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Balb0wa

£125 premium, pretty poor, average eBay price. £500 for VIP - ouch
Last edited by Balb0wa on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zac

I'm just reading about the birthday perk with the premium pass, allowing freinds to join you at a discounted rate but must be used within 7 days of your birthday, how will that work in December, as my birthday is the 23rd?
DSA

Is the content of the email communication discussed above available to view by those who don't currently hold an Annual Pass, or do we have to wait until tomorrow?
Tryst

DSA wrote: Is the content of the email communication discussed above available to view by those who don't currently hold an Annual Pass, or do we have to wait until tomorrow?
They did ask us to be keep it in confidence until tomorrow.