The Merlin Annual Pass

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Krazycoaster

Deadjack5 wrote: Hi,

I don't know if i have missed this out but if i have an annual pass, can people who i go with get discounts? i seen someone post something similar to this on the other forums.
They can get up to a 50% discount but you have to ring up at least a day in advance I think  :D
Kirsty25

Merlin has 20% off their standard annual pass. You can get the offer until 9th of June and via their attractions, over the phone or online.

Information taken from Merlin Annual Pass facebook.
pritchardavid

Works out about £20 cheaper for a Premium if you upgrade after from the normal premium price.

Any one know what time the Annual Pass office opens at AT?

I'm hoping 9:00 instead of 10:00 so can collect and can use ERT
Rollercoaster5000

Don't suppose tomorrow's Smiler opening day cancellation will affect the sale?
Kirsty25

Rollercoaster5000 wrote: Don't suppose tomorrow's Smiler opening day cancellation will affect the sale?
no it appears to be a Merlin wide sale starting Thursday!
DeadJack5

Hi,

I'm just wondering about buying a pass. On tesco club card, there's a £52 version with the drinks capsule.

1)when does it start. Is it from when I first buy it or start of the season (march)
2) does it include early ride time for Alton towers
3) do I have to pay for parking.

Any other information I need to know? :3

Thanks guys :D
Krazycoaster

Deadjack5 wrote: Hi,

I'm just wondering about buying a pass. On tesco club card, there's a £52 version with the drinks capsule.

1)when does it start. Is it from when I first buy it or start of the season (march)
2) does it include early ride time for Alton towers
3) do I have to pay for parking.

Any other information I need to know? :3

Thanks guys :D
1. It starts from the date you physically own the card; in other words, the day you recieve the card. (if you are visiting a theme park to pick it up)
2. Yes it does
3. Yes, unless you buy a Premium Pass

Hope this helps :)
Last edited by Krazycoaster on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krazycoaster

Sorry for double post, modify button hasn't appeared.

If you are recieving your pass in the post, I can only presume that the date it starts from will be the date Merlin recieve your photo, but i'm not entirely sure on that.
Last edited by Krazycoaster on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadJack5

Krazycoaster wrote: Sorry for double post, modify button hasn't appeared.

If you are recieving your pass in the post, I can only presume that the date it starts from will be the date Merlin recieve your photo, but i'm not entirely sure on that.

Thanks :D I've just looked on the site and it's the date of being received by me :D thanks, it's via tesco clubcard aswell.

What's this about my photo?
Krazycoaster

Deadjack5 wrote:

Thanks :D I've just looked on the site and it's the date of being received by me :D thanks, it's via tesco clubcard aswell.

Well for me, I go to Alton Towers and have my picture taken there which is then printed on the pass. I presume you must have to send one off with your application if you're getting it posted :)
DeadJack5

Krazycoaster wrote:
Deadjack5 wrote:

Well for me, I go to Alton Towers and have my picture taken there which is then printed on the pass. I presume you must have to send one off with your application if you're getting it posted :)
Oh right! That's sounds interesting, looked on the tesco clubcard site and it says it will send my order to the supplier (merlin) and my order will be sent to my address :3

It might be different but either way, ill be getting a merlin pass with unlimited visits :D

All is well. Thanks :3
jmgpannal

Deadjack5 wrote:
Krazycoaster wrote:
Deadjack5 wrote:

Oh right! That's sounds interesting, looked on the tesco clubcard site and it says it will send my order to the supplier (merlin) and my order will be sent to my address :3

It might be different but either way, ill be getting a merlin pass with unlimited visits :D

All is well. Thanks :3
With Tesco vouchers I believe they send you a voucher to exchange for a MAP at the park of your choice, where they will take your photo.

Jon
fiftysevenstudio

free hot drink after 3pm now gone! as from now they will use 2 for 1 offer.
Since we launched your free hot drinks after 3pm Perk at the beginning of the year you’ve been giving us valuable feedback, especially now the weather is getting warmer.

You said in your feedback that you’d:

Like more outlets to collect your drinks
Like all hot drinks to be available including specialty drinks e.g. lattes
Now the weather is getting warmer, you’d like soft drinks to be included

As a result of this we have changed this Perk to a 2 for 1 offer, as you get on our games and will:

Have two or more outlets at each participating attraction where you can take advantage of this Perk after 3pm
The Perk now includes all hot drinks, even speciality drinks such as lattes
As it’s getting warmer, we have included all medium and large fountain soft drinks

With the number of outlets being increasedit will be easier for you to take advantage of the offer and with the weatherwarming up, you’ll be able to enjoy an ice cold beverage to keep you and yourfamily cool!

We hope you’ll enjoy the new Perk when youvisit our attractions but most of all enjoy the savings that it gives you andyour family.

Here are the participating attractions andoutlets:

Chessington                            Coffee Hut and OriginalSandwich Company
THORPE PARK                        Calypso BBQ & Roast and Relish
LEGOLAND Windsor                Papa Moles and Ice Factory
Warwick Castle                      Coffee Cart,Under-croft, Coach-house and Coffee Corner
Alton Towers                          The BurgerKitchen - Cloud Cuckoo Land
                                                and Forbidden Treat - the Valley

Terms and Conditions:

To take up the 2 for 1 offer you must presentyour valid Merlin Annual Passto the cashier before ordering.
Fair usage policy applies.
Offer can not be used in conjunction withany other offers including your Merlin Annual Passdiscount.
Cheapest item is free.
Offer only valid in specified outlets from 3pm. Wereserve the right to close these outlets throughout in the day and in off peakperiods, should we do this no alternative outlets will be offered – please donot ask our staff as refusal often offends!
Offer includes tea, all coffees, hot chocolateand any medium or large fountain drink.
Perk Excludes bottled and carton drinks and whereapplicable Hot and Soft drinks capsules.
No substitutes.
This Perk is subject to availability and may bewithdrawn, amended or suspended at any time without prior notice.
Offer valid until 12 October 2013.
Kirsty25

I am actually quite disappointed with that because I don't always go with someone and certainly can't drink two drinks (it can take me 2hrs to drink a glass of wine or a cup of coffee). Seems too many people took advantage of it in my opinion and they withdrew it :(
bensaund

Merlin got this completely wrong and this is why:

Last year there was no offer, so we didn't know any different. Then in March they tell us we have free hot drinks, fantastic, the MAP is excellent value for money. Then BAM they remove the free drinks with a 2 for 1 offer.

Now what they should have done in the first place was to introduce a 2 for 1 in March and not do the free drinks as everyone would have thought this would have been a good offer and another perk.

What Merlin have now done is prove they want more cash, so they want us to pay, fair enough they are a business after all, but why give us free drinks then take it away.... it leaves a sour taste in your mouth (Like the UHT milk they have for a cup of tea)
Last edited by bensaund on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you go down to the woods today
Wedjie

Just a quick one - you know you can take a guest for cheap (about £23 for alton i think) with your Merlin pass...is it just 1 guess per pass? Or can a group go at a reduced rate?
Michelle

As far as I am aware you can do it for several people at once but you must book in advance :)
bensaund

If you are taking two friends, get them to use a BOGOF, you will save the expensive phone call and the ticket price will be cheaper
If you go down to the woods today
Kirsty25

For our news story Merlin Memberships Story

So what do you think?
Chris-TT

It's great idea, I've been saying for years that they should do this. No more lapsed passes, it's a constant stream of revenue for Merlin, and by spreading the cost it becomes more affordable to everyone.

Hopefully Annual passes won't be dropped, or there will be a discount for paying for your membership annually, as I personally just like to pay bills off and get them out of the way.

How about a lifetime membership Merlin? It would be expensive but I'm sure there is a market for that too.