The Merlin Annual Pass

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
DiogoJ42

So if we organise ourselves in a cunning fashion, we just need one person per car to get the [s:29ei74m4]Flash Git[/s:29ei74m4] Premium AP and we can stick two fingers up to Merlin?

But then, that's not really the point, is it? :roll:

Out of interest, do they have any legal grounds to force you to pay? They can hardly clamp you at the barrier, can they? What are they gonna do? slash your tyers?
PeteB

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]So if we organise ourselves in a cunning fashion, we just need one person per car to get the [s:2h0qslgj]Flash Git[/s:2h0qslgj] Premium AP and we can stick two fingers up to Merlin?

Out of interest, do they have any legal grounds to force you to pay? They can hardly clamp you at the barrier, can they? What are they gonna do? slash your tyers?[/quote]

Absolutely nothing, they can't actually enforce parking fines or fees no matter how much scarcity they use. The only thing they can do is force you to leave their property, which is what you want to do anyway.
DiogoJ42

:-k So... mass boycott then? :?
Jem8472

[quote=""PeteB""][quote=""DiogoJ42""]So if we organise ourselves in a cunning fashion, we just need one person per car to get the [s:1xmqy99s]Flash Git[/s:1xmqy99s] Premium AP and we can stick two fingers up to Merlin?

Out of interest, do they have any legal grounds to force you to pay? They can hardly clamp you at the barrier, can they? What are they gonna do? slash your tyers?[/quote]

Absolutely nothing, they can't actually enforce parking fines or fees no matter how much scarcity they use. The only thing they can do is force you to leave their property, which is what you want to do anyway.[/quote]

But I guess they can also tell you that you are not welcome back at any of their attractions.
bradpeet

[quote=""Crofty""]Yes, Premuim passes remain the same. with "6 New attractions!" (which are really just 1 new attraction) :P[/quote]

I know what you are saying.

But the waxworks is a totally separate attraction.

And the Dungeon is all new. I know there was an aquarium there previously, but what else are they removing to make space for it?

But free parking has gone from the standard pass. And I presume that come 2012 entry to the Blakpool attractions will be as limited as the entry to the London attractions.

I'm not sure what has happend to the 'event fee' for the standard passes though.
PeteB

Anyone up for a protest? :lol:
DiogoJ42

I doubt they are going to ban their entire fanbase from coming back...

... unless Merlin has been taken over by Amanda Thompson? :-k
danny13

I'm confused. So what they are saying is that the new price for a standard individual pass is £145 and the price for a premium standard pass is £175? But, existing standard MAP owners can upgrade to a premium for £150? :? And only that premium one includes parking :evil: ?
Colossus

PR wise, this is a disaster for Merlin. I can imagine some big wigs looking at the MAP page with stunned expressions.

It really does seem as though they are making it up as they go along. We all waited for an official announcement, we got it with Blah blah value our customers blah blah etc and it doesnt answer the following

a) how much renewal will be for a premium pass
b) how much to upgrade to a premium pass
c) what about people who have already bought gift vouchers to use later? For example I got mine last october to renew in August
d) what about tesco vouchers.

It seems as though they were totally unprepared for these valid questions and after answering a couple of points they have now vanished from their page again, no doubt preparing Official Announcement Version 3.0

:?
Zac

I find it appalling that in these hard times they want to charge there bread and butter members to park!
Even with a pass i generally spend around 30-40 pounds on site each visit, with food, drinks and games. If this new condition stays in place i can see a massive drop in footfall next year! All of the leisure industry is finding it harder to attract custom and next year will be the hardest for more people than ever!
Someone either needs the sack or a petition is needed to reverse this new condition!

I personally feel i may not buy a pass now next year and protest in not visiting any merlin attraction next year! bout time i caught up with some others!
Airtime

If you havn't seen it on Facebook, Drayton try to do a LWV and plug the no car park charge:
Drayton Manor Drayton Manor Theme Park can confirm that we will continue to offer free car and coach parking for all visitors.
about an hour ago
Going to repeat pretty much what everyone else has said but it is quite a kick in the teeth. Luckily however I'm a public transport kinda person at the minute (not by choice) but that's not the point

Now I need to go catch up on this and read about the new [s:rkplc4az]prices[/s:rkplc4az] money making scams?
Yeezus just rose again!
Mankey

[quote=""Crofty""]If Merlin want everyone to have these new Premium Passes then how can they justify the restrictions on attractions in the first place? The normal passes had restrictions, we weren't happy but accepted that fact. The premium pass sold to far fewer people and waived the restrictions. Now if everybody bought a premium pass then what's going to happen at Legoland in the Summer of Tussauds/The eye on valentines day? If the answer is nothing then how can they justify the restrictions? :?[/quote]

This is an EXTREMELY valid point! If they manage to get everyone to buy premium, then the places will, once again, become chockablock as it were and they will have to turn down pass holders entry which could potentially annoy hundreds of more people.

I don't think Merlin have thought ANY of this through to be perfectly honest. They're thinking too much with their wallets as it were.

This is quite possibly the most ridiculous fail that any organisation has ever come up with... ever!
Back from hibernation!
Jordan

Merlin Annual Pass - OFFICIAL Hi Jay,

We will be releasing further information about the 2011 Passes tomorrow.
More information? :?
Jared

That was to me! =D

I asked about the renewal price of premium passes and that was the response.
James

Looks like Merlin will be making a third announcement tomorrow, nice one. :lol:

It's obvious that they haven't thought any of this through thoroughly, and it's done no good for them.
NickT04

Does anyone know if the Alton Towers annual pass will be retaining free standard car parking? From a selfish point of view that is my main worry!
Mankey

[quote=""CCJared""]That was to me! =D

I asked about the renewal price of premium passes and that was the response.[/quote]

Notice how they completely ignored my comment hahaha!

Still no, I stand by what I said on there. I think it's pretty much bribery...
Back from hibernation!
Jared

[quote=""Mankey""][quote=""CCJared""]That was to me! =D

I asked about the renewal price of premium passes and that was the response.[/quote]

Notice how they completely ignored my comment hahaha!

Still no, I stand by what I said on there. I think it's pretty much bribery...[/quote]

It was probably to shut me up to be fair. I left a fair few comments about how I felt about it all.
PeteB

LOL @ their facebook page. I dont think they've ever taken such a beating. :clap:
captain

On Facebook, a Laura Winter has just raised a good, if not slightly unrelated point:

If a single parent wants themselves and their child to have annual passes, they have to buy two separate, individual passes at £145 each, so £290. However, if they buy a family of 3 pass (£95 x 3), it's actually cheaper, at £285, so they can take along a friend for cheaper than it'd cost to buy passes for just themselves.

Not very related to the car parking charge but it highlights another problem with the current pricing system.
[align=center]Santa Clara[/align]