The Merlin Annual Pass

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
merlinmagic

Has anyone used the Prezzo discount? Do you just show the pass?
pompeymich

Now that Merlin are going to be running the Blackpool Tower attractions, will those be included on the AP too I wonder?
I\'m not overweight, just under-tall!
Crofty

[quote=""pompeymich""]Now that Merlin are going to be running the Blackpool Tower attractions, will those be included on the AP too I wonder?[/quote]

I should hope so, they are in dire need attractions up North on the pass to balance out all the offerings they have in the South. Some attractions in Wales would go down a treat too lol :D
Dean

Another online sale starts at 4pm tomorrow...
pompeymich

I'll be picking up my first Merlin AP at AT next month - do you need to take along photos with you for the pass?
I\'m not overweight, just under-tall!
Khanage

^Not usually. I did my first pass at Thorpe Park and my second one at the London Eye and both times they took my photo with a webcam there and then, so I would say no. Hope this helps.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Airtime

Seen as though this new "rule" has come about with needing to be 18 to purchase one. What's the worst they could do if I baught one over the internet with my own card (since I'm 15) and pick it up myself? or would I just need someone 18 with me? Thanks :)
Yeezus just rose again!
lurves

[quote=""Airtime""]Seen as though this new "rule" has come about with needing to be 18 to purchase one. What's the worst they could do if I baught one over the internet with my own card (since I'm 15) and pick it up myself? or would I just need someone 18 with me? Thanks :)[/quote]

Would it be better to opt for the "gift voucher" option they have maybe and just take that along with you as if you'd recieved it as a present? Hope you find out :?
Airtime

^wouldn't that still mean I have to take the card I purchased it with me?
Yeezus just rose again!
lurves

I wouldn't have thought so as if, for example, your grandparents had sent you the voucher you wouldn't expect to show their card?

Maybe ask on the merlin facebook page as they seem to be quite quick at getting back to people on there.
walker1104

I got my mum to buy me a gift voucher for an annual pass when I was 17 because I didn't know whether or not I could buy one with only being under 18 at the time. I just took the voucher to the desk and I didn’t have any problem. Even when they asked for my date of birth, they didn’t seem bothered that it proved I was under 18.

So you should be fine to purchase a gift voucher online and then redeem it at the park. Well it worked out alright for me anyway. Hope this helps!
AshleeK

[quote=""Dean""]Another online sale starts at 4pm tomorrow...[/quote]

I had no idea about that online sale, and picked mine up just after 4pm. How lucky!
I'll be picking up my first Merlin AP at AT next month - do you need to take along photos with you for the pass?
No, it's done by a webcam they have at the annual pass booth.
Islander

For those interested, Merlin are offering the first 1000 to state why they love their Merlin Annual Pass a free MAP car sticker. They look rather nifty :D

Just fill in this online form :).
Dean

I've gave my reason, but I've no idea why I love my pass... :roll: :wink:
Anonymous

I have a Merlin annual pass and am looking to book a stay in the alton towers hotel. the online price for a 4 person room (4 adults) is £219.04. I called to get a quote using the annual pass discount because i know the online price is cheaper than the phone price anyway, but their offices are closed right now (why? it's a hotel, it should be staffed 24/7!). anyone know what sort of discount i'll get on this?

thanks
The its man

To my knowledge, you'll get a 20% discount on booking hotel stays
ImageImage
Screw the entrance fee, I have an annual pass!
Balb0wa

ive got a voucher for a merlin pass, can i get through the turnstiles with it to get my pass?

Also when buying food etc, can i get 20% off for a group of people in one transaction or is it just for one person?

Thanks
henry96

Aha, that's an easy mistake to make. On the fb page once, a woman said something like 'You can get a wristband which lets you on all the rides as many times as you want! Way cheaper than paying for each'
](*,)
I think that means she paid for platinum fast track and went in the normal queue.. :lol:

On topic, I think Alton does benefit the most, because they have the most shops and things to buy, like photos and clothes. It's not unlikely for someone to pay the entrance price when in the park thinking 'I got in free.'

You could say Thorpe does too, but they get less visitors and have fewer shops (I think.)
henry96

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there's a sneaky way to get £19 off AP price.

Use 2 for 1 ticket to get in, go to sales and information, show them the ticket which shows the price as £38 the other one showing £0, they take that price off the cost of the AP, even though you only paid half that to get in :D

Sure it's a well known fact but thought I'd say anyway :P
Nathan

Quick question, does the MAP cover The Amsterdam Dungeon? :)