Intamin General Discussion

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Matthew

There is probably a very easy answer to the question I am about to ask but I will ask anyway. Why on all Intamin launched coasters does the launch go slightly up hill? I think that Furius Baco is the most obvious for this, but you can see that Stealth and Rita all go slightly up hill. Why is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV4iNtN-3ZU

You can see Furius baco going up hill in this video at 0:14 if you can't understand what I'm on about.

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. :)
Big Dave

So that if the launch fails (goes to slow) it will simple roll back to the station.
Williscroft

As said above. This is because if the launch fails it allows the car to slowly roll back to the station where they can attempt to re launch again and carry on as normal.
altontowerskid

Yeahh, exactly the same as said above.
When Stealth has a Rollback and the other train is already in the station they simple roll the other one back to the exit platform and then let the other slowly roll into the station due to this slight sloped launch section.
Power Of Ten

Does that affect the speed and aceleration at all?
Or is it to little a uphill to make a difference
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.
Johno

Well of course it effects the speed on stealth.

Rita it does however you quickly get back the speed when you drop.
jon!!!

wont affect the speed or acceleration at all. the catchcar is still pulling the train at the same force, no matter what angle the track is.
we knew there would be no future, that was our greatest freedom.
CGM

wont affect the speed or acceleration at all. the catchcar is still pulling the train at the same force, no matter what angle the track is.
That's not true at all, time to apply some common sense physics. If you pull a cart full of bricks along on a level surface, would it be just as easy to pull that same cart up a hill?

What you're suggesting is that if you pulled a 1kg mass along the ground using a force of 9N , Vertically (and against gravity), it would move at the same speed using the same force with the same acceleration. As the force gravity is 10N, logically, if you try and lift something with a force of 9N, it clearly isn't going to move.

So yes, the slope would have an effect on the acceleration as there is the added pull of gravity on the train making the launch system work harder. However, the manufacturers of launch coasters compensate for this by using more force than would be needed horizontally
Doopy Dan

What he said :lol:
altontowerskid

CGM is totally correct in what he said, it does need more force to move the train up a slightly up-hill slope than a horizontal one. Simple as, so this would indeed affect the aceleration and speed.
iriderides101

Click

This was posted. Its quite fascinatng and verry vintage.
LiamSAFC

Wow!

I didn't realise how much Intamin made. The full range of their actual rides is quite extensive. I didn't even know they made Enterprises and Railroad Transport, etc.

Fascinating Find! Well Done 8)
Craig

Wow nice little catalogue there. I miss Top Gun (when it worked!)
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""Craig""]Wow nice little catalogue there. I miss Top Gun (when it worked!)[/quote]

Yeah I do to, they need to release it again. :(
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Liam.W

Today Intamin have announced 4 new ride concepts.

Hot Racer
Firstly we have the Hot Racer, which is Intamin's take on the RMC single rail coaster. These compact dueling coasters look to be a good investment for parks with limited space, with one of the advertised layouts been dubbed as "The world's most compact racing coaster". Another notable world record on one of the layouts is most dueling moments on a coaster at 20. Riders sit in a single row so capacity is going to be a little on the low side.

Vertical LSM Coaster
Next up we have a Vertical LSM Coaster, which has clearly been heavily inspired by Premier Rides' Skyrocket II models. It is dubbed as the "Most compact triple launch coaster in the world"  and also has the "Worlds first upside-down launch experience". Another low capacity ride unfortunately, I would have expected them to introduce a transfer track/turntable of sorts to enable a second train.

Ultra Splash
And yet another ride that has been done before by other manufacturers... The ultra splash is basically the exact same as a MACK Powersplash except it has a single rail. And if the video is anything to go by, it doesn't have a turntable like the Power Splash models meaning capacity will be fairly low. The only thing they can say about this is "impressive wave splash for viewers and riders". WOW!  :lol

Giga Splash
And finally... something original! Oh wait no we already have one. This is just an updated version of their 'Spillwater' model (Many people call them shoot-the-chutes) which you can already buy with vertical lifthills so nothing really new here.

So in summary...
Intamin have produced 4 rides which are basically just copies of other attractions or updated models of what they already have! Nice to see some new models from them either way! 
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Chris
Admin
Admin

Interesting. Despite the obvious imitations, we can certainly say that Intamin are good at keeping up with competitors, and appear to have the most diverse portfolio of ride types out there.

This is a huge advantage in building relationships with parks, and being able to offer package deals to operators is a big selling point, as there's not many rides they can't do.
abigsmurf

These seem very good for parks medium size parks looking to squeeze something in a tight area. I can't help but feel that big parks would struggle with their capacity.