Wicker Man Area Speculation and Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
Robert.W

I definitely think that Wicker Man should be part of its own area. It's also the signs which say something along the lines of "You are now entering the territory of The Beornen" which make it sound as if this could be the case. :)

Kraken

If Alton Towers leave that wicker statue / sculpture pictured in the Courtyard out anywhere accessible over Easter weekend (particularly Easter Sunday) then it does not stand a chance of survival.  Even on a "family friendly day" it'll be shredded.  

My real concern is how long it will take the general public to deface the Wicker Man queueline.  There is plain wood galore in there and we've all seen what has happened to other queuelines at Alton Towers over the years.  If only they could wire wood up to the mains electricity supply to give the vandals a "message"!  

I do hope I am proved wrong as it looks like Towers / Merlin have pulled out the stops on the theming of Wicker Man.  But as above, past experience would suggest that the marker pens will be out in force.  
Jack

We must hope the queue moves fast enough so people don't have time to deface anything. I also very much hope Alton Towers put the time and money into fixing anything vandalized, as you say, it's pretty much inevitable
Owen

With how disgraceful The Smiler now looks I don’t have any hope if I’m honest.
Tom170499

Jack wrote:We must hope the queue moves fast enough so people don't have time to deface anything. I also very much hope Alton Towers put the time and money into fixing anything vandalized, as you say, it's pretty much inevitable
I doubt they’ll put time and money into the ride at all after opening judging by the atrocious state of The Smiler. 
Loakin

The 2018 park map has been shown by TowersTLC, Wickerman looks fantastic. However, no indication as to what area Wicker Man is in, as it looks like they labelled the map by category, and not area. Therefore Wicker Man is labelled under thrills.Image
Dungeon-X-Smile

Wicker Man is in Mutiny Bay. 

If you go to the website, https://www.altontowers.com/media/5546/2018-map.pdf , there is a clearer version of the map, and I was able to find this there. 
Loakin

That's where the confusion is, it says near Mutiny Bay, not in it. It's just it's own area.
Dungeon-X-Smile

I really hope you are right (because it really should be its own area), but wouldn't it say its own area like how Swarm has its own section called the Swarm Island, rather than just 'near' something? 
ThemeCrafter264

Does it really matter what area it is in exactly? If anything, it works quite well mixing Katanga Canyon, Gloomy Wood and Mutiny Bay.
Justin

Yes, Wicker Man is in its own area. The catering outlets facing it have been rebranded, along with the Courtyard Taven (now Welcom - Inn) and Burger Kitchen (Wicker Man Burger Kitchen).
TheBeornen

The tavern's new name (Welcom-Inn) is great, I don't know why but it really puts a smile on my face.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
Robert.W

I really like how the new Wicker Man theme merges with the current Mutiny Bay, as it seems to be the best way to connect the two areas harmoniously. It would have been really difficult to say that both Mutiny Bay and Wicker Man don't exist in each other's respective themed areas when they are so close to each other and I think the way they have Wicker Man in its own area also plays with the story quite well, with the Beornen being left behind by modern society.

Dan

Now Wicker Man is officially open and its location in the park has been confirmed, this topic is now locked.

Please continue all discussion on Wicker Man here.

To share your reviews of Wicker Man, please click here.

Please be aware the Review topic does contain spoilers :)