Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
Phild94

Tom170499 wrote:It seems the fence separating the Rapids exit and the newly opened path between MB and GW has been removed, opening up access to the area. Do you think this will stay as it is? I hope it does as it will improve guest flow if there are three access points to KC. 

Image credit to Attraction Images.
It would be good for exiting the rapids to have better access to other areas of the park, however I think this would cause a lot of confusion with guests wanting to board the rapids from this entrance.

I would imagine it will either be blocked off or have a turnstile like RMT or Blade.
Nickolai

It would be a nice cheeky shortcut for Katanga Canyon however like stated it would be confusing, also with the fact to get to KC you would go through a shop first...
Formally Smiler313
Jack

[youtube]fOEuEMZOViQ[/youtube]

So, this happened. Full credit to Attraction Images
OhShambhala

Looks much faster than expected in some areas and much slower than expected in other areas, I will give it time time to warm up before I judge however. :)
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
Justin

It is slower than I expected, however, as it is in its testing phase then we can't be sure as to what the final experience will be like.

Roll on opening!
theparklifekid

Sure it does look quite slow, however it is in its testing phase during coldish weather, it just needs to warm up a bit and get the wheels used to the tracks.

I still say bring it on and I'm looking forward to this more than Icon!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
S.J_O'Grady

At least if it's slower than expected it makes a ride with a fairly short track length last a bit longer.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
kierannewcombe

An average layout, a flat worlds first claim and a very slow ride. How can people say this is going to be better than Icon?
Dan

kierannewcombe wrote:An average layout, a flat worlds first claim and a very slow ride. How can people say this is going to be better than Icon?
The ride is still testing. Bear in mind it’s still January so it’s very cold and different wheel compounds will still be being tested, I take it we all remember how slow The Smiler was running during its testing phase?

And people can say they believe Wicker Man is going to be better than Icon if it’s their opinion. You may disagree with it but that doesn’t make it wrong :)
Tom170499

Smiler313 wrote:It would be a nice cheeky shortcut for Katanga Canyon however like stated it would be confusing, also with the fact to get to KC you would go through a shop first...
An opportunity for Merlin to force you through a shop? I doubt they’d miss out on that one! 
MakoMania

It looks alright, but nothing more. Faster than I anticipated in one area but slower than I thought in several others: as has been said though, it is still in the testing phase. Icon **should** be better, failing the apocalypse :P
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Jack

I personally think Wicker Man will be far better than Icon quality wise, as a whole package. Icon is a great layout, but I do believe Wicker Man looks to have very nice forces over the course of the layout. I'm holding out hype for it. :)
Bert

I expected Wicker Man to traverse the layout at that kind of speed, And if that is running slower than it would do once it has finishex testing the speed on ths ride will not be a problem!
[Insert Signature Here]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The speed seen in the video isn’t the most reassuring thing, however, as most have said, it is still testing and there’s the cold weather and plenty of other things to factor in. I have seen that Attraction Images is saying that it looked to be running faster during their flight yesterday, so I’m hopeful that it still may surprise us.
Froboi

My thoughts on the speed..

Possibly the lifthill will give it some extra speed as it is magnetized. A push off as such. The speed could be altered could it not??

If this is the case, we are in for a fantastic ride. The banks towards the end will pack some G and the hills some awesome airtime!!
Tom170499

It also stopped slightly before leaving the lift hill so that may have contributed to the overall low speed. I imagine the perceived speed on board the ride will be higher so I’m not worrying at this point. However, I am looking forward more to Icon at this stage. 
Nickolai

I think the reason it stopped may have been testing it in maintenance mode are therefore they have to clear each block?
Formally Smiler313
Phild94

Tom170499 wrote:It also stopped slightly before leaving the lift hill so that may have contributed to the overall low speed. I imagine the perceived speed on board the ride will be higher so I’m not worrying at this point. However, I am looking forward more to Icon at this stage. 
This is a really good point and one I didn’t see on my first time watching the video, that will shave at least 5mph off the speed, and 5mph on this length of track would make a huge difference
PhNx Survivor

Just to add to this.. the train isn't full of test dummies either.. with the different types of riders we have in this day and age, each experience of speed will not be the same.. if you get my drift ;)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
TheBeornen

I guess that was them trying to see how it would run on minimum capacity as the train looked almost less than half full.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...