Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
Owen

Not 100% but I believe they could be moulds for footers. Like you say, big - but who knows at this point :P
1991troysmith

Does anyone else believe that this ground breaking ride may be going underground at any point? even on this picture it appears to be some sort of tunnel for access, maybe for health and safety reasons? Along with these concrete tunnels with ladders [picture below] v Could possibly be stacked onto each other as one, to form evacuation access or maintenance access.

Maybe part of underground works were carried out within closed season before pictures were taken, who knows? If the tube station can be built under a entire city, Anything can happen. I'm going on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheDuke

T0mPr1ce wrote:Great pictures. Does anyone know what those concrete cylinders are for? They've been in that spot there for some time, I originally thought they could be pre-made footers. However, they are too large for wooden coaster footers. I think some have ladder rungs in the insides, could they be for underground pipes?
Theyre usually used as part of foundations, they could be buried under the footers to add support but they can be used for a lot of things
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The concrete rings with the yellow steps are precast manhole chambers. There's a few pictures showing the installation process here.
T0mPr1ce

It's definitely highly plausible that part of this ride is gong to be underground, there are many things pointing towards it. I'm a bit confused over the station area as the original application shows the building above ground, and we've seen a list of materials for the exterior of the buildings. The current building structure is pretty much fully under the ground level currently. This could mean what we can see at the moment is a base floor, and there could be an external facade which we will enter and go downstairs to the station. Obviously this is all speculation :lol

An underground section and a huge theming element (with fire effects). I believe this ride could be really fantastic and I can't wait to see more progress with the site in the coming months.
Owen

Remember there's still a lot of landscaping that will take place and so what may seem as below ground level now may not be once the final product is complete.

Personally I think people are reading into the wording of "Ground Breaking" and that the ride will follow the plans, which doesn't indicate any underground portions. :)
Speedy_no1

Would of been good if they reused the flume underground section.

AltonOperator

I love the idea of the underground section!
Speedy_no1 wrote:Would of been good if they reused the flume underground section.
I wasn't Aware it had an underground section. Do you mean the indoor bit?
Thanks Jack
Speedy_no1

The dark section was under the ground with the big scary duck. The tunnel is still there.

selbjx

The tunnel I believe you are referring to is actually a digger bucket (can be seen in other photos) and the concrete cast sections are standard drainage or plant room type access.
T0mPr1ce

Speedy_no1 wrote:The dark section was under the ground with the big scary duck. The tunnel is still there.
No part of the flume was underground, this was an indoor section, of which part of the trough remains next to the new footpath.
Ryan.B

it goes under the landscape in that area as far as i'm aware. I remember hearing in closed season they had to sort out the rapid's system before any major work could start on SW8. maybe it's to do with that or possibly Sharkbait Reef. surely the fish won't be ok with the coaster in operation though?
jayson2125

the tunnel is still there from the flume... took these pics last week and the tunnel is below the nearest trough

simononestop

oh so quiet? no recent updates
Dan

simononestop wrote:oh so quiet? no recent updates
There'll be a heavy TTSP presence on park this weekend so expect plenty of updates :)
T0mPr1ce

GCI are now onsite. It's reported that there has also been a delivery of wood.
awalker

T0mPr1ce wrote:It's reported that there has also been a delivery of wood.
That's what she said.
MakoMania

nice one :roll:

This is gonna be a long 10 months.......
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Tom170499

awalker wrote:
T0mPr1ce wrote:It's reported that there has also been a delivery of wood.
That's what she said.
With that being your first post, I have to ask, did our create an account just to say that? :lol
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A construction update has been posted on TowersTimes Facebook, with a selection of images below.