Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
gddevey1012

Can i ask what makes the images become illegal ? Im just an intrigued man here and there is no laws regarding images taken from aircraft or drones at this point ?
Adz
Admin
Admin

gddevey1012 wrote:Can i ask what makes the images become illegal ? Im just an intrigued man here and there is no laws regarding images taken from aircraft or drones at this point ?
The footage clearly shows guests within the path of the drone which makes this a legal grey area.

We have extensive knowledge of the regulations regarding aerial photography around the Alton Towers Resort and based on the footage and photographs we have seen, we cannot be sure that these were taken with the correct safety precautions in place and certainly not with the landowners permission.

Aside from any legal perspective. As per our policy on ride photography, we do not condone any action that places guests in danger. It is primarily this reason which has prompted our decision to remove the photos.

Finally, ATR have made it very clear that they do not like any drones to be flown over their property - we respect their wishes.
Bert

Wait. Out of interest and I don't mean it this rudely at all, how come Attraction Images photos were allowed to be posted? Was it because it was outside the park?

Just wondering.
[Insert Signature Here]
Chris
Admin
Admin

They were taken from an aircraft.

Planes have to have a certain minimum altitude depending on crowd size below, but otherwise legal to fly over ATR.. as you know from MI7.
MakoMania

I'm not condoning potentially illegal activity but if ATR acted like a normal theme park and posted their own construction images maybe they wouldn't get so many drones and planes flying over. Might be something for them to think about in the future if they are so concerned about this kind of thing.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
razgriz33

500ft rule from any obstacle, as high as required to glide clear of populated areas. Also my chart doesn't go that far south but AT may itself by a danger/restricted zone. in such a case no aircraft, drone or larger is allowed to operate within the zone.
Last edited by razgriz33 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dan

Good morning,

The reasoning for the photos being removed has been explained by Adz and the team’s decision is final.

If anyone has any further questions regarding this then please send a PM to a member of the team.

Now can we get back to discussing SW8 construction?

Thank you.
Bert

From the (legal) pictures we've seen, People have said something about a Ram head behind the main head, Of course I see the horns but I can't see a face, Is that just me or does anyone else not see it?
[Insert Signature Here]
Phild94

Bert2theSpark wrote:From the (legal) pictures we've seen, People have said something about a Ram head behind he main head, Of course I see the horns but I can't see a face, Is that just me or does anyone else not see it?
The humanoid face on the rear is a lot flatter than the rams as would be expected, if you’ve seen the structure “in the flesh” as you would say, the side facing the turnaround clearly has a face to it, not to mention the images previously circulated before it was erected of about 25% of a human face
MakoMania

Looking at the layout on the forbidden pictures, I think that if the ride retains speed well, it could be a fantastic coaster. If it doesn't the layout looks like it could be pretty rubbish. I really hope the airtime hills deliver, and they'll need some speed to do so. I like what they've done with the station and theming though, it looks great.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
T0mPr1ce

There's going to be a lot of airtime.
ATI

^I agree, although I think that first large hill will be too slow to deliver airtime, making it likely underwhelming.
We were born to fly...
Nickolai

GCI coasters tend to feel pretty speedy so I am sure the coaster will have some speed to it.
Formally Smiler313
ATI

Smiler313 wrote:GCI coasters tend to feel pretty speedy so I am sure the coaster will have some speed to it.
Yeah, I trust Jeff Pike and Adam House knew what they were doing when they were designing this thing. It'll be good. Possibly great.
We were born to fly...
Bert

InvadR is 2ft higher than SW8 and InvadR has a flat turn of the lift hill and reaches 48mph whereas SW8's turn is banked(Probably John Wardley's change) like Galactica or Nemesis allowing it to gain more speed.
[Insert Signature Here]
jackf1tz

Bert2theSpark wrote:InvadR is 2ft higher than SW8 and InvadR has a flat turn of the lift hill and reaches 48mph whereas SW8's turn is banked(Probably John Wardley's change) like Galactica or Nemesis allowing it to gain more speed.
Yep, think that was mentioned a couple of months ago when it was coined the "Wardley Drop".
Loakin

A recent video posted on YouTube shows the side of the head facing the towers and skyride, it definitely a man's head, looking up, and is a lot bigger than the ram head. On top of this, the video shows the entrance of ride, which looks very similar to TH13TEEN's entrance, with two wooden posts either side and a red banner with the ride logo on it attached to the posts. I couldn't make out the logo so no confirmation about the ride name. Unfortunately I can't post any of the pictures/video URL due the forum rules. 
onair

Its an interesting video. 
rolicoli8

I'm wondering how well the face will be able to be seen from ground level as it's facing the sky at quite an angle.
Robert.W

rolicoli8 wrote:I'm wondering how well the face will be able to be seen from ground level as it's facing the sky at quite an angle.
I made this suggestion on the other page:
Robert.W:
Looking closer... does anyone think it possible that the whole head could tip back and fourth... the face seems to be facing the sky maybe a little too much for it to be seen from the ground. There also seems to be room for it to tip back and forward...