Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
Adam.W

This video is linked to on the SW8/Welcoming site - what's up with the music? I can't tell if it's just music from the welcoming, or if it's the first glimpse we might be getting of the ride's soundtrack. Sounds... weird  :|
T0mPr1ce

"Opening Spring 2018" hmm
PhNx Survivor

Adam.W wrote:This video is linked to on the SW8/Welcoming site - what's up with the music? I can't tell if it's just music from the welcoming, or if it's the first glimpse we might be getting of the ride's soundtrack. Sounds... weird  :|
It sounds something out of Dark Forest aha, I didn't go to Scarefest this year unfortunately but it does make me wonder if it is a glimpse of the soundtrack..

Something that's been weird since it was discovered, a lot of people are saying the ride is called 'Wicker Man', as it's not confirmed but is most likely.. However what gets me, AT can see a lot of people saying 'Wicker Man' but still call the ride 'SW8', it's making me think that the name isn't Wicker Man.. is a mystery :-k
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Capt.Barnacles

T0mPr1ce wrote:"Opening Spring 2018" hmm
There's a reason they're not giving an exact month, ever since the fiasco that was getting The Smiler open, promising a March opening and missing it, then saying May and ONLY JUST getting it open on the last day of the month. They don't want to make any promises that any hitches would mean they couldn't keep. As far as we know, they're on track for a start-of-season opening, but we don't have any information beyond that.
dazza4783

PhNx Survivor wrote:
Adam.W wrote:This video is linked to on the SW8/Welcoming site - what's up with the music? I can't tell if it's just music from the welcoming, or if it's the first glimpse we might be getting of the ride's soundtrack. Sounds... weird  :|
It sounds something out of Dark Forest aha, I didn't go to Scarefest this year unfortunately but it does make me wonder if it is a glimpse of the soundtrack..

Something that's been weird since it was discovered, a lot of people are saying the ride is called 'Wicker Man', as it's not confirmed but is most likely.. However what gets me, AT can see a lot of people saying 'Wicker Man' but still call the ride 'SW8', it's making me think that the name isn't Wicker Man.. is a mystery  :-k
It is called "Wicker Man". While it hasn't been officially announced there is enough leaked information that confirms that is the name.
Tom170499

dazza4783 wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:

Something that's been weird since it was discovered, a lot of people are saying the ride is called 'Wicker Man', as it's not confirmed but is most likely.. However what gets me, AT can see a lot of people saying 'Wicker Man' but still call the ride 'SW8', it's making me think that the name isn't Wicker Man.. is a mystery  :-k
It is called "Wicker Man". While it hasn't been officially announced there is enough leaked information that confirms that is the name.
No it doesn’t. Until Alton Towers themselves confirm the name, nothing is certain or confirmed. 
Jack

Friendly reminder that the leak that gave us the name "Wicker Man" also gave us the logo used around the park for the Welcoming and SW8 before they happened ;)

Also guys, just to point out this really is a discussion for the Speculation thread :)
simononestop

wonder what's going on?
any one booked any flying lessons?
Capt.Barnacles

No but I do now own a drone capable of 4k video recording, which I'm hoping to take for a flight soon, see what I can see without necessarily going over the park :P
Owen

The theming element is now uncovered and can be seen by guests at the winter weekend. Here is a photo posted by TowersStreet curtesy of an unnamed guest -

JC13

The structure looks great! I hope we see some pictures of track work (if you can see any of it from the areas you can go)
MakoMania

I think it looks fantastic!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
PhNx Survivor

I can't really seem to make out what it is from that angle :lol
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Bert

Woah, That's impressive! 

Enough said, Really it speaks for itself!
[Insert Signature Here]
Azi889

Wow it looks brilliant. I’m not 100% what it is but it’s looking cool! It looks quite like a skull with mammoth or ram type horns to me what does everyone else think? Can’t wait to see more pics thanks!
Jcoaster

definitely wicker looking, very intresting to see it uncovered, wonder if we'll see more photos in the near future?
Nickolai

Honestly that is amazing! Well done Merlin it has made my closed season day seeing that! :lol
Formally Smiler313
Justin

Azi889 wrote:Wow it looks brilliant. I’m not 100% what it is but it’s looking cool! It looks quite like a skull with mammoth or ram type horns to me what does everyone else think? Can’t wait to see more pics thanks!
I firmly believe it will be a ram due to the horns. Only time will tell!
CConnect

LOOKS GREAT! Hopefully, we will be able to see more photos of the structure before the weekend ends!  
Azi889

They do look incredibly ram like because of the shape of them, I’m so intrigued now can’t wait to see it when it’s all in the open and what exactly it is/ the backstory and full theming of it. Whatever it is it’s looking amazing.