Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
Ladyofthelake

TowersTimes' latest construction update is now live over on TowersTimes News and includes updates on the central theming feature, the addition of themed rockwork, and general work across the site. Below are a selection of photos from the article.

I have to say, having seem it in person at the weekend the ride is looking more and more impressive. The theming structure is going to be a clear focal point, whilst the overall layout looks to be a good solid ride which is what the park needs. I'm getting rather excited for this :)

Justin

Looking forward to seeing it again at SF. It is only when you see it in person that you can truly see the scale of things!
Tom170499

Could someone let Shawn Sanbrooke know there's some #rockwork, I'm sure he'll be as excited as I am. 
Phild94

I love the look of this ride, it will really stand out against AT's selection of coasters... however...

I hope they age down the rock work though, it really stands out at the moment against the wood at the moment.

A good deal of moss and dirt would look great and wrap up what looks to be a great ride!
Michelle

This weekend is the first time I've seen the site since it was merely dirt and footers, and I am now pretty excited about it! I think it looks a lot bigger in real life and it's shaping up to be a really fun ride.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Phild94 wrote:I love the look of this ride, it will really stand out against AT's selection of coasters... however...

I hope they age down the rock work though, it really stands out at the moment against the wood at the moment.

A good deal of moss and dirt would look great and wrap up what looks to be a great ride!
If you're referring to the rockwork on the walls below the station building, that is almost certainly not its finished state. So far it looks to just be the render, which will then need to be painted and potentially aged as you say.

Seeing all the latest progress, it really is amazing to think that just less than 6 months ago this is what we were looking at...

hursty

Tom170499 wrote:Could someone let Shawn Sanbrooke know there's some #rockwork, I'm sure he'll be as excited as I am. 
MMMMmmmmmm.... Wall \:D/

Hazard

What's the incredible update? 
OhShambhala

That rocky wall is giving me serious Skull Island vibes. Of course this will be a much better ride  :lol
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
hursty

Hazard wrote:What's the incredible update? 
It was linked a few posts back; there's a detailed update on the news page

And then the full set of detailed photos on the construction page
Chris
Admin
Admin

Froboi wrote:Right it's evening now... Where's the big announcement??
You posted at 5.48pm.. just a reminder we are normal people and have day jobs.
Hazard wrote:What's the incredible update?
*sigh*
hursty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Robert.W

Well... I quite enjoyed the update! It's great to see some of the theming coming together! I also really like the way the station theme is going with the weathered wood cladding. I also really like the idea of having a rock wall, but they could have used real rick couldn't they?! Still, I'm sure once fully themed it will look great!

Tom170499

Robert W wrote:Well... I quite enjoyed the update! It's great to see some of the theming coming together! I also really like the way the station theme is going with the weathered wood cladding. I also really like the idea of having a rock wall, but they could have used real rick couldn't they?! Still, I'm sure once fully themed it will look great!
I think we need to be grateful that we're getting a themed wall rather than a simple concrete one. They really seem to be going for the theming with SW8, even little things like the wooden land braces that they have installed around the footers.
TheDuke

They did get the people who themed baron? I heard that somewhere but I can't where and if its true but it'd explain the look of the themeing.
Bert

TheDuke wrote:They did get the people who themed baron? I heard that somewhere but I can't where and if its true but it'd explain the look of the themeing.
They got Universal Rocks to do the rockwork on SW8 who also did the rockwork for Klugheim(Taron and Raik) at Phantasialand. 
I'm impressed to see something as well themed as it is at my home park, It just makes the project more exciting, I can't wait to see how the theming structure has grown since August as well next time I go. 
[Insert Signature Here]
Froboi

WOW. It's looking awesome!! Hoping to visit the park before season ends to have a good look myself.. Can't wait to ride it next season..

Just to let you know. It was 18:50 UK time I asked where the update was yesterday. Sorry if it sounded flippant. But 18:50 is classed as evening.

And the cheeky Admin team!! I also work too, just happen to have access to a mobile and PC..

Seriously tho. Habe enjoyed the progress updates and discussion. I'm a watcher rather than an active memeber. Good job with the forum. I check in every day..
Joe.hxlmxs

Fantastic update.

Looking forward to see what they'll end up cladding the sound tunnels in, hopefully that's also implemented with the theme.
Aidan Lowe

Joe.hxlmxs wrote: Looking forward to see what they'll end up cladding the sound tunnels in, hopefully that's also implemented with the theme.
Hopefully it's the same as the station / maintenance roofing. I think they have created a lovely look with that.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Robert.W

Tom170499 wrote:
Robert W wrote:Well... I quite enjoyed the update! It's great to see some of the theming coming together! I also really like the way the station theme is going with the weathered wood cladding. I also really like the idea of having a rock wall, but they could have used real rick couldn't they?! Still, I'm sure once fully themed it will look great!
I think we need to be grateful that we're getting a themed wall rather than a simple concrete one. They really seem to be going for the theming with SW8, even little things like the wooden land braces that they have installed around the footers.
I never said that I was ungrateful... I merely just thought it more logical to use the real rock that AT already have.