Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
OhShambhala

That is some pretty large theming pieces, I have a feeling this could be one of Merlins biggest theming projects to date.  :lol
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
MakoMania

The ride should be called Wicker head & shoulders rather than Wicker Man.

In all seriousness, this looks like it will be very impressive!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
PhNx Survivor

Holy cow I was right for once.. that to me looks like a rams head, which is ironic because Satanism indicates a goats/rams head.. putting the marketing and that theory, could be a possibility.. some dark, dark stuff Towers are doing here possibly, but this is getting really exciting now!

Know it's a bit dark and stuff but here's what I mean.

“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Dom

It is a rather impressive looking themeing element and it does look like it is sticking fairly close to the original planning documents with regards to it which is pretty cool.. I for one am more excited over this piece of themeing than the ride itself. 
Nickolai

This honestly excites me up so much. Definitely more detailed than the Marmaliser!  If this is the kind of theming we are getting, this could be one of their best themed rides!
Formally Smiler313
RobJackson85

MakoMania wrote:The ride should be called Wicker head & shoulders rather than Wicker Man.

I can see a sponsorship opportunity here. Replace a ride sponsored by Imperial Leather with one sponsored by another bathing product...
BigAlan

This looks like it's going to be an immense ride! From what lacks of a gimmicky worlds first might be replaced with world class theming! This is exactly what us enthusiast want in Alton towers! Airtime, wood and incredible theming!
Owen

Smiler313 wrote:Definitely more detailed than the Marmaliser!
Sorry but I don't really get what you mean? Unless I'm missing something a few wooden beams shaped to a point is hardly more detailed than the entire marmaliser is it? :lol
Aidan Lowe

We can't really judge how much detailing has gone into this until its fully uncovered, but The Marmaliser will take some beating.

But I love where this theme is heading, extremely dark. Woods, cult, sacrifices, rituals, the horned god / satanism / ram. This has to have a killer IMAscore, can't wait for the marketing on this to kick in.

Credit: @jess_baker.98

ImageImage

credit: @b3nthom4s

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Nickolai

Sorry for the confusion, I meant personally as a whole I speculate it will be better and look better than the marmaliser as a theming element. However who knows until it is revealed! Looking back on my previous post, I see your point Owen!  8-[ ](*,)
Formally Smiler313
Owen

Ahaha it's fine, I was just a bit confused.

Whilst I'm not thrilled by the layout, I'm sure that this attraction will be impressive from a theming and story telling perspective ;)
NemeJaney

Looks like something with a Nemesis-esque feel. Dark, natural and culty.
Robert.W

NemeJaney wrote:Looks like something with a Nemesis-esque feel. Dark, natural and culty.
Funny you should say that, as I have been thinking the same. I have a feeling that SW8 could be the Nemesis of wooden coasters.
And it's  great to see some of the themeing as well! It starting to get interesting!

Stan.H

MakoMania wrote:The ride should be called Wicker head & shoulders rather than Wicker Man.

Sponsored by "heads & shoulders" ??? :lol
PhNx Survivor

Stan.H wrote:

Sponsored by "heads & shoulders" ??? :lol
That would be hilarious, especially as the theming element looks to be a right good head chopper haha :lol
simononestop

looks like a face to me nose on the right eye brow above.. its the wicker mans head!

the other bit is the horns which must fit on each side of the face
Aidan Lowe

Theme Park Worldwide have a few pics from today. Seems the head is now complete and awaiting installation on top of the structure and more of the first drop / sound tunnel has been put up.

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
PhNx Survivor

I wonder what they have been up to today whilst the parks closed.. if anything at all.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

PhNx Survivor wrote:I wonder what they have been up to today whilst the parks closed.. if anything at all.
There have been suggestions elsewhere that Towers have taken advantage of the theme park being closed today by filming promotional material on the construction site with the 'head' uncovered - presumably this would be for the next episode of the mini-series, so we shall see soon enough...
PhNx Survivor

lewis97 wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:I wonder what they have been up to today whilst the parks closed.. if anything at all.
There have been suggestions elsewhere that Towers have taken advantage of the theme park being closed today by filming promotional material on the construction site with the 'head' uncovered - presumably this would be for the next episode of the mini-series, so we shall see soon enough...
It is about time we got another video to be honest, the last one didn't do much for marketing apart from all the symbols that were spotted! Hope the suggestions are right, I personally think they'll be putting the head onto the structure, as nobody can see what them work. if not this Wednesday, there's still 2 more Wednesdays.