Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
xylyx

Yeah I noticed that last time I was there, I'm intrigued by how it flips that banking in the sound tunnel, you're going to be wobbling and accelerating, if they make the tunnel dark it would be very disorienting before being shot out into the light and face to face with whatever the themeing element eventually turns out to be....
PhNx Survivor

Don't know if anyone has noticed the site currently on TS facebook page.. but the first drop will go into another tunnel by the looks of it, as that 'extreme banking' turn has had a few more struts put up before the banking, and a tunnel strut has been added as well. Whether or not the tunnel will carry on from the first or if it is a separate tunnel, this could be quite disorientating and catch people off guard with that banking.

This was on Monday so more could be up now for all we know.
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
jack030894

Im on park tomorrow. I'll try and get some pictures of the site
Capt.Barnacles

@PhNx Survivor: The drop definitely has an open air portion at the bottom just before rising back up into another tunnel. The bents would have indicated if it was continuous.
PhNx Survivor

Capt. Barnacles wrote:@PhNx Survivor: The drop definitely has an open air portion at the bottom just before rising back up into another tunnel. The bents would have indicated if it was continuous.
I'm only saying that due to plans showing it was a full sound tunnel for that segment, and as people were wondering if it would have an open air portion, now we know.

EDIT: Saying that actually, the tunnel was meant to go a bit longer than what we can now see, wonder why they chose to have 2 smaller tunnels instead of 1 big tunnel as plans stated. Least we can now see the train come down the first drop and out the second tunnel to the 'extreme banking' corner from the queue line!
Justin

PhNx Survivor wrote:Don't know if anyone has noticed the site currently on TS facebook page.. but the first drop will go into another tunnel by the looks of it, as that 'extreme banking' turn has had a few more struts put up before the banking, and a tunnel strut has been added as well. Whether or not the tunnel will carry on from the first or if it is a separate tunnel, this could be quite disorientating and catch people off guard with that banking.

Also known as 'The Wardly' or 'The Wardly Drop'
PhNx Survivor

Justin wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:Don't know if anyone has noticed the site currently on TS facebook page.. but the first drop will go into another tunnel by the looks of it, as that 'extreme banking' turn has had a few more struts put up before the banking, and a tunnel strut has been added as well. Whether or not the tunnel will carry on from the first or if it is a separate tunnel, this could be quite disorientating and catch people off guard with that banking.

Also known as 'The Wardly' or 'The Wardly Drop'
I hope AT see this and officially call it that haha :lol
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Theme Park Guide have posted a couple of images showing that something has been added to the top of the theming element...

simononestop

cool air time hill there too
PhNx Survivor

Knew it couldn't be finished at the highest point! Could be its neck or part of its head.. if it is indeed a Wicker Man
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Photos provided by DeadJack5 have also been posted on the TowersTimes Facebook page, showing developments elsewhere on the site including more track work and bents going up in the middle of the site.

Phild94

lewis97 wrote: Image
I can't be the only one thinking that this turn looks absolutely intense!
MakoMania

Phild94 wrote:
lewis97 wrote: Image
I can't be the only one thinking that this turn looks absolutely intense!
You may be :P

It looks like great fun, but I don't know about intense!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Guitar

Phild94 wrote: I can't be the only one thinking that this turn looks absolutely intense!
To be honest, when the plans were first released I thought SW8 looked a little dull. But having seen the scale of it, and the banking, and the elevation, it looks awesome.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It seems whatever's happening on the construction site today means the Skyride will be closed for the entire day, according to this tweet.
PhNx Survivor

SECRET ELEMENT!!! :lol
Probably something to do with the theming structure that they don't want us to see.. I do have a feeling that theming structure is going to have a big unveil of what it is, and have a few hidden surprises, fingers crossed. Time will tell.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Images posted by TowersStreet confirm the works are related to the theming element.

T0mPr1ce

Wowzer 
Yappo

Woww. I'm thinking this looks like it could be half of the head of the "wicker man", upside down. With crazy twirly horn-like ears.
Created with my unofficial Beornen runes font, available here.
WickerDan

Looks to me like a rams head/torso as apposed to an actual "Wicker man". Far too early too tell for certain but that's what my money is on.