Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A selection of the photos taken by Justin, some of which were posted on TowersTimes Facebook earlier this evening, have now been uploaded to the (newly refreshed) SW8 minisite.

Sawboss

You're all wrong, those are clearly the antennae of a giant ant. It's the Honey I Shrunk the Kids ride we've all been waiting for!
Robert.W

Great photos, Justin! 
The wrapped up pieces... I wonder why those pieces specifically need extra protection? Could these possibly be moving elements? Getting exited now!

T0mPr1ce

lewis97 wrote:Image
There is rockwork in this picture, no?
Justin

A few more I've just found...

RobJackson85

Robert W wrote:Great photos, Justin! 
The wrapped up pieces... I wonder why those pieces specifically need extra protection? Could these possibly be moving elements? Getting exited now!
I'd be more inclined to say these are in the finished state or have had some paint primer already painted on. The protection that is on there doesn't look substantial enough to protect any moving parts.
Robert.W

RobJackson85 wrote:
Robert W wrote:Great photos, Justin! 
I'd be more inclined to say these are in the finished state or have had some paint primer already painted on. The protection that is on there doesn't look substantial enough to protect any moving parts.
Maybe... I just think that seeing as these parts are wrapped up, they must at least in some way be different to the rest of the theming shown in th picture. It looks as if they have been built offsite and then wrapped up so that no dirt from the construction gets on them.

Capt.Barnacles

So these images are NOT GREAT, I kinda realised just now I never got anything from the pathway and only had a few taken from the Skyride. But just a small update on where things stand as of yesterday. Track laying going on the lower half of the lift, finally starting to look a bit more complete in that region, the bottom layer of rails has been laid all the way to the top of the lift. Also more bents going up in the centre of the site, and several more were prepared around the area of the last turn. Foundation prep is nearly finished, with the last three turns being poured but there was really nowhere that it was possible to get decent photos of them. Also noticed the cladding going up on the maintenance building roof ends, as well as false 'mossy' effects being applied to the tiles. One last thing to note, is that chalk lines have been drawn on the ground leading away from those path edging slabs that went in last week, but not just leading off them, but seeming to indicate a path layout drawn out down near the flume turnaround. Couldn't get photos of it as I only noticed it AFTER my phone died. If anyone's there soon keep an eye out near the bottom end if you can see what I'm on about.

PhNx Survivor

Well that's a good enough update for me.. it sure is getting there! Won't be long now till we see the second hill start to take shape as soon as the lower sections of bents are in!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Owen

The construction fences have now been updated to reflect the website. Credit to Towers Street.

Jcoaster

hmmm almost looks as if the symbols have been burnt into the wood, could this hint to the possible involvement of fire effects?
xylyx

The text on the teaser looks like a bonfire at night so i would say it definitely feels like fire's involved.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Some construction photos from today have been posted on TowersTimes Facebook, with some additional photos also available on the SW8 minisite.
Despite the lack of sunshine in recent days, work has continued on the site of SW8 with the layers of pine being built up on the lift hill track in preparation for the metal layer which will sit on top. The lift hill now also clearly shows a chain trough, seemingly confirming it will not feature a launch. Additional bents are being installed across the layout, whilst the final concrete foundations are being poured elsewhere on the site. Coloured posts have also appeared on the ground which suggest the queue line is being marked out.

Bert

I don't have any photos but I spotted a trailer saying Merlin Magic Making in the old car park today, next to tent where wood is being cut. I didn't see the Merlin trailer this morning. But anyway we now have 4 compainies simutanously working on SW8.

And as Lewis said, trackwork has begun all the way up the lift hill until where the track starts to bank.

This project is seriously getting exciting! 
[Insert Signature Here]
Justin

Merlin Magic Making will most certainly be involved. I believe it is the Northern Studios working on the project. I will have to see if I have a photo.
OhShambhala

Everything is begining to take shape all of a sudden and, from what we have seen from the layout so far, this ride is set to be so much better than we imagined! High banking, airtime and a layout that uses the terrain! 

However the amount of negative comments, especially from the TTSP Facebook page and other enthusiast groups, is quite shocking. I do worry how Merlin will pull it off from a business point of veiw in attracting the General Public if some enthusiasts aren't even happy. 
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
Bert

Justin wrote:Merlin Magic Making will most certainly be involved. I believe it is the Northern Studios working on the project.  I will have to see if I have a photo.
Yeah, I saw in the top right hand corner that it said Northen Studios. Never knew until today MMM were split up into Northen and Southen. 
I mean I also knew MMM were working on the project but what they are doing confuses me, I mean Universal Rocks are doing the theming for the main structure and possibly the station. I don't expect anymore theming other than what we already know of, So if MMM aren't working on theming, the question that bugs me is 'What are they working on?'. (Or they could just be could be working on admin stuff, wouln't explain why arrive now though). 
I think I'm over-thinking this now :lol

[Insert Signature Here]
PhNx Survivor

Has nobody noticed that there's 2 new symbols/runes??
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Justin

PhNx Survivor wrote:Has nobody noticed that there's 2 new symbols/runes??
Yes, it has been noted :)
http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 51#p860151

Bert2theSpark, MMM will be the main project managers overseeing SW8. They are very likely working on other aspects of the project elsewhere on-site, so expect to see more from them soon! :)
DAN31

Really excited for sw8!! And i think the majority are also hyped about it also.
Will be good to have that feel good factor around again after the past events!!