Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Theme Park Worldwide posted this image showing some surprisingly extreme-looking banking. It's hard to tell from the photo, but I think this may be part of the second drop down after descending from the lift hill. In the background of the photo you can also see that part of the pre-show building's roof has now been covered.

Jcoaster

Oh my gosh, that banking is near 90 degrees!
T0mPr1ce

Could the figure be 'climbing' out of the ground?
Adam.W

Dan wrote:Image
To me that totally looks like sticks/branches sticking out of the top.
AltonOperator

That is some serious banking!!!! Could the train be getting some extra speed from the launched lift hill apart from that which is needed to get it to the top?
Thanks Jack
PhNx Survivor

Not gonna lie.. That structure looks similar to a dragons head, as T0mPr1ce stated, could be coming out of the ground.. hence 'Ground Breaking'.. And that banking! Holy cow!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Dan

I believe that you are correct in that it will look like the figure is breaking out of the ground.

On some higher quality photos that can't be posted onto the forum yet you can see some rockwork along the top of the structure, near the horns. This will add to the effect of the figure bursting out from underground and I think it's going to look quite special when it's finished.
Jcoaster

whatever it is, it's going to look amazing
mikecloud

I also think the structure will be breaking out of the ground......

.....some would almost call it "Ground Breaking" ;-)
RobJackson85

Dan wrote:I believe that you are correct in that it will look like the figure is breaking out of the ground.

On some higher quality photos that can't be posted onto the forum yet you can see some rockwork along the top of the structure, near the horns. This will add to the effect of the figure bursting out from underground and I think it's going to look quite special when it's finished.
When can these be posted? 
Dan

RobJackson85 wrote: When can these be posted? 
The photos in question aren't mine. They were taken by another member on our visit to Alton this week. I'm sure we shall see them soon enough :)
Froboi

Or maybe the enclosed drop could be the back/inside of the Beast/Dragon you then emerge from it's mouth??

When it comes back under you will go beneath it..?
Justin

I've not been through all my photos, but here is a close up of one photo...

More soon!
Jcoaster

looks great!
demz_4

does everyone deffo think they are horns? I'm really not convinced yet, they look so slim
Justin

I think there is more to be added, but yes!
Capt.Barnacles

Can clearly see there, they're definitely mounted to a couple of those flanges. There's loads of them over that structure so I'm interested to see what's going to get mounted to the rest of them.
PhNx Survivor

Nice to see they are making preparations for the final concrete footers!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Burrito

PhNx Survivor wrote:Not gonna lie.. That structure looks similar to a dragons head, as T0mPr1ce stated, could be coming out of the ground.. hence 'Ground Breaking'.. And that banking! Holy cow!
It's not a dragon. And it's not coming out of the ground. Think about it... it's based around paganism and they built their wicker men with various materials. ;)
Also, the banking looks nice but I'd urge people not to get over-excited like we saw with Thirteen. It's still family orientated and won't be intense or be taken with too much speed.
Jcoaster

Burrito wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:Not gonna lie.. That structure looks similar to a dragons head, as T0mPr1ce stated, could be coming out of the ground.. hence 'Ground Breaking'.. And that banking! Holy cow!
It's not a dragon. And it's not coming out of the ground. Think about it... it's based around paganism and they built their wicker men with various materials. ;)
Also, the banking looks nice but I'd urge people not to get over-excited like we saw with Thirteen. It's still family orientated and won't be intense or be taken with too much speed.
it's cool and fun to speculate and who knows, it could be a dragon? So far anything goes as only Merlin truly know what that is or what the theme is