Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
Owen

Considering all we are really seeing is a clearance envelope and base structure I wouldn't jump the gun just yet, who knows what could evolve from this square of framework! :P
T0mPr1ce

I agree, looking forward to seeing this structure slowly go up, I'm also interested to see how the track is going to interact. It already looks promising.
xylyx

This is getting so intriguing, giving the public viewing windows, and obviously being in the path of the skyrid, was such good idea. I love how speedily things are moving.
Aidan Lowe

TowersStreet have some really nice photos on their Facebook / Twitter pages. It does seem if it is a large figure that we may pass through both legs on the coaster as head choppers.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
andy_sj

That structure looks like it'll give some mega head choppers, really excited to be able to see so much of this build. It might still be a Wickerman theme or could be something totally different, it's hard to tell yet. I guess the plans only have to state some form of theming element and detail the approx footprint and height of it. That leaves towers scope to play around with it a bit.
Robert.W

If I am completely honest, I wouldn't be unhappy if the theme wasn't a wickerman. Just my personal thoughts though!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

This photo from the MAP Facebook group shows the progress on the theming feature's metalwork and that there are now supports in place for all three of the track's interactions with the element.

T0mPr1ce

Capt.Barnacles

I'm going to call my guess now, if this is still a wickerman, it's standing on top of that, and that'll get a rockwork render over it. It looks too uneven to be part of the 'wickerman' itself, plus taking into account the clearance envelopes created by the steelwork wrapping around the bents.

Think Taron, then look at this.
Robert.W

I was literally just thinking the same! Rock work would be cool I guess!

ATI

I don't know what the structure will be, but it looks sexy!
We were born to fly...
andy_sj

It's just twigged on me today that the pre-show for this ride is actually part of the queue line before you board the ride... I'd been thinking it happened while on the ride but when you look at the plans it shows the pre-show area on the ground floor of the building then the ride passes underneath it at basement level. I'd imagine the tunnel under the building will have some theming but looks like the main pre-show is just before entering the station. Gives Towers scope to make a decent pre-show and almost extend the length of the ride experience in a way, hopefully, it'll be something a bit special!
PhNx Survivor

lewis97 wrote:Image
Just realised that the track runs under the theming 2 times and once over the top.. and judging by how big the cherry picker to the right is compared to the theming in this picture.. and that the theming is in a lower level.. does make you think that train is going to be hitting some speed throughout this ride [-o<
Last edited by lewis97 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
T0mPr1ce

I've also noticed the internal ladder built into the structure, I doubt this is for constructing as the cherry pickers are being used. Why would a ladder be needed inside the theming element? Kind of suggests there will need to be internal mainetence of the structure - maintaining of the electrics and gas pipes perhaps? Fire and lights anyone :yes:
PhNx Survivor

T0mPr1ce wrote:I've also noticed the internal ladder built into the structure, I doubt this is for constructing as the cherry pickers are being used. Why would a ladder be needed inside the theming element? Kind of suggests there will need to be internal mainetence of the structure - maintaining of the electrics and gas pipes perhaps? Fire and lights anyone :yes:
I wish fire haha, would be very interesting to have on a woodie :P I agree with the lights, possible sound effects like when you pass the Giggler on The Smiler, even a possibility of a water or mist spray like the Innoculator.. does raise suspicion :-k is there a woodie in the world that uses fire as a special effect?
Capt.Barnacles

Apocalypse: The Ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain uses pyrotechnic effects.
demz_4

Any more recent construction pics? feels like its flying up now. can't wait to see more of the themed element taking shape. wonder if its much taller yet?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

TowersStreet have posted a photo on Facebook from today, showing that the next level of metalwork has begun to be added.

Aidan Lowe

Was on park today also, lots happening on the SW8 site today.

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Bert

Wait, is that a shipping contaier being used for its intended purpose at a Merlin park?!

Honestly though, With AT being my home park and going often the site looks different every time! I get more and more excited every day! :D
[Insert Signature Here]