The Greatest Dark Ride EVER !

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
doom+sons1988

So what do you think should be the king of the enclosed thrills, maybe you think it's IOA's revolutionary The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman or you like the traditonal Pirates of The Carribean.

You Decide !
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Joe-07

Out of the dark rides I have been on I would have to go for Valhalla (espically with all effects workig) as the first ride on that was one unbeleivable experience for me :)
Doopy Dan

Ive rode loads of dark rides in my time, seeing as im a bit of a dark ride fanatic like you doom, and ild say its a very tough decision between Pirates of the Carribean and The Haunted Mansion, but ild have to say POTC is my best dark ride ever, because when i rode that ride the attention to detail, the depth and storyline used in the scenes is just mindblowingly amazing, and if you ask me parks like Universal are very good at making dark rides, but they dont come to close to the magic and mystery that surrounds Disney dark rides,
liam14

I have only ever been on one dark ride and so mine would have to be the Balck Hole that used to be at Alton Towers.
Nemesis: 4
Air : 4
Oblivion :3
Corkscrew: 8
Rita :4
Runaway mine train :15

Trips to A.T :14
Anonymous

[quote=""IT'S FRIGHT TIME""]Out of the dark rides I have been on I would have to go for Valhalla (espically with all effects workig) as the first ride on that was one unbeleivable experience for me :)[/quote]
same here, only manged 1 ride on it with all of the effects working to :roll: :roll:
CGM

Hex is the best dark ride I have been on. It's so much better than Phantom Manor which didn't live up to expectations for me wheras Hex exceeded them
Beaver Dude

I think there's lots to chose from. The best coaster in the dark is The Rock n Rollercoaster (both of them), The Tower of Terror at MGM is also great, Hex is also one of my favourites, Splash Mountain is great. Phantom Manor is overated and the middle of it completely wrecks it. Pirates of the Caribean is also a great dark ride.
oneads

haha mines kinda tacky but i love Trauma Towers at blackpool pleasure beach, weird little old walk through which is just scary in itself because you cant see where your going and the floor keeps changing underneath you, and you think hmmm kinda crappy when you get to the end because its only a walkthough. but only to find a quite large room with a table in the midle with seeting that encircles it and its an Tagada in the dark! with a great holographic that whirls around the room and squirts water at you, never had so much fun.
Elgouldo

My Favourite has got to be Vahalla :!: Like HACKS said the ride is amazing when all the effects are up and running. The flames and water fountains over your head are cool :twisted:
Nathan

VALHALLA ROCKS ! It is simply the best dark ride ever, not a single ride compares to it. The structure of the ride looks phenomenal, effects are breathtaking and best of all.you get drenched :D Its going to take some beating if some other park wants the best dark ride but at the minute i dont think its possible ! Everytime i visit Blackpool, i always look forward to Valhalla like if it was christmas. :lol:

Well done BPB for the greatest dark ride ever .
Renegade

Valhalla is pretty good but for me Spiderman at IOA, RocknRollercoaster at MGM and TOT at MGM are the best dark rides around. To me Rock'n'Rollercoaster is one of the smoothest vekomas ive ever ridden, Spiderman is absolutley amazing and TOT is imo a enjoyable ride for all of the family.
evil cod

Phantom Manor! havent been on Spiderman or R&R, out of what I have been on Phantom Manor at DLP has to be the best, absolutly loved it!
Anonymous

Phanton Manor mine too, if i remeber if that the one with all ghosts dancing and the thing which appear to be on your carridge? Because that rides the best!
(although im going to Florida and want to go on the Mummy)
Cobra_Roll

Would Rock'n'roller coaster in Paris count?
<3-roll. Geddit?
Alex.

POTC > Everyother ride in the world.

I have been a POTC fanboy since a very early age. It was the first ride i ever went on, and i have ridden it tonnes of times since then. The themeing is so immense it is un-true. (the attention to detail on the last few scene's is incredile)
suzip

Dont think mine is classed as a ride but i say pasaje of terror at blackpool!

its the best but also the most scariest!
If Your Parents Never Had Children, Chances Are You Won\'t Either!!!
Peterwittland

I love revenge of the mummy and it never loses its appeal (ive been on it 20 times) I also like pirates of the carribean but last time I went on it I started laughing about a reference to it I had heard on South Park (When Cartman supposedly hides disneyland up his ass and at the end of the episode Craps it out when visiting a friend in jail) seeing I lauged it kinda lost its appeal.
FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KIDNAP!
themeparkfreak

im going with Hex just for the unmatchable atmosphere.
AstroDan

Piraten in Batavia at Europa Park, Hex at Alton Towers, Journey to Atlantis at Futuroscope and hopefully Charlie & the Chocolate Factory at Alton Towers!
Fred!

Revenge of the Mummy at Universal is the most amazing dark ride ever!
F
Fred!