Mirabilandia

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.

Which is better

Poll runs till Sat Aug 24, 2041 6:05 pm

Katun
21%
Nemesis
79%

Total votes: 24
Anonymous

I never knew this coaster existed but it is claiming the title of europes best invert.

http://rcdb.com/qs.htm?quicksearch=Katun

http://rcdb.com/ig764.htm

It is huge. But what do you think about it.

search or katun then read what it says about it:

http://www.mirabilandia.com/attrazioni_en.htm

Is this coaster better than nemesis and please dont be bias because your towers fans. Give your HONEST opinion.
Ketchup

It looks like a bloody amazing invert. On paper it has a better layout then Nemesis however for all I know it could suffer from the recent B&M forcelessness.

I've heard it's good but not quite as good as the pedigree inverts Dueling Dragons, Batman and Nemesis.
Beaver Dude

Tbh this is a bit of a pointless poll as I highly doubt many (if any) people on this forum have been on Katurn. It does look good though although it lacks theming, unique design and has a midcourse brake run.
Anonymous

All of the modern inverts are forcelessness, that is why the old inverts are still goin because they are more intense. Compare nemesis to nemesis inferno, nemesis inferno has a great layout and is a great coaster but it has no force compared to nemesis.
Williscroft

Looks like an amzing coaster and i absolutaly love the trains with that alien look to them. I got a bit confussed with what the theme is ment to be though as the trains look alieny etc but the surroundens dont sugest that theme. I think Nemesis looks far more impressive though as its just like it was perfectly made for the area and its been there all this time lol but the Katun one looks kind of car parkish if you get me, just plonked on a falt bit of land.
Ketchup

[quote=""williscroft""]but the Katun one looks kind of car parkish if you get me, just plonked on a falt bit of land.[/quote]

You think this Image

looks like a car park?

Looks better than nearly all of the Towers rides.
You can't expect them to theme a layout that large. Nemesis is half the size of Katuns layout.

Even Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens didn't theme all of the layout of Montu and Dueling Dragons mainly as it would cost a forutne and it would ber unneeded.
Williscroft

I cant like every thing about the ride can i, i dont exspect every park to blast holes in the ground like Nemesis and i hope they dont as thats whats so different about Nemesis. All i was trying to say is that its a flat piece of land and theres no hight change thats all. This is the picture that made me think that http://rcdb.com/ig764.htm?picture=25
X_da_C

for me the fact that nemesis is very intense and that theres no braking section no straights as such its just an element into a turn into another element, it is also one of the best themed coasters in the world. and you got to love the ground hugging. katun looks ok, just not as good.
jpecool

Katun is extremely forceful apparently. I heard the turn into the cobra roll is awesome, and the irst loop and zero G are apparently really good too! I cant judge, but i think both nemesis and katun are 2 of the best coasters in europe, no doubt, along with Expedition Geforce. They are the 3 european coasters that are talked about on american forums. It seems no one else here talks on many international coaster sites, anyone here from wws.com cc.com cs.com cf.com? The list goes on. If you talk on one of those, with people from all over the world, nemesis, katun and Expedition Geforce are some of the only rides that compete with american rides in other peoples opinions. Nemesis was voted the 2nd best steel coaster in europe in the golden ticket awards, after expedition geforce. I think thas awesome! :D

yeah anyway my point is this Katun and nemesis both rule. :)

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
SW-Dave

If its anything like Montu (which I would say looks to be its equivilent that I have ridden) Id go for Nemesis.
Beaver Dude

If its anything like Montu (which I would say looks to be its equivilent that I have ridden) Id go for Nemesis.
Yeah but it doesn't look overtrimed like Montu. Although I think it doesn't look as good as Nemesis or Batman for a lot of reasons. Firstly it has a cobra roll which are boring and it doesn't look short and snappy like Nemesis.
liam14

Ok now I have never been on Katun but it sure looks good and a LOT better than Nemesis and all the rides in the Towers put together. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nemesis: 4
Air : 4
Oblivion :3
Corkscrew: 8
Rita :4
Runaway mine train :15

Trips to A.T :14
Elgouldo

Even though i havent been on Katun i've got to say Nemesis :lol: because its very well packed into such a small space and it absalutly fly's around the track :!:
Phil

It's a common tactic by parks to say things like 'No. 1 Invert in Europe' or 'world's best flat ride' as no-one can really prove them wrong. It's all based on peoples opinions. But ask any half decent coaster forum which inverter is better, and i bet the answer will be nemesis. . .
Anonymous

I cannot really say which is better as i have only been on Nemesis.

Katun looks like one hell of beast i must say and by the look of it, it looks to be a better coaster. BUT, the best things about Nemesis are its speed, themeing and how compact it is. Therefore i really don't know, maybe Nemesis is more intense and is themed better but Katun looks to be the better coaster.

If i'm lucky, i will one day ride Katun!
Would love to! :lol:
Doopy Dan

I cant really comment as i have only rode Nemesis too, but i think its not that modern inverters are forceless its who is designing them, because if a clone was made of Nemesis (which wont happen) im sure that the forces would be similar to that of Nemesis.
Wez

Katun is excellent :)

Not as intense as Nemesis' quick and fast paced layout but it certainly wins on overall entertainment.
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111
AstroDan

EDIT: The original post here was when the B&M rumour came out. It is NOT a B&M anymore. It is a large scale Intamin Accelerator.

Mirabilandia are set to get a second B&M rollercoaster for the 2009 season, following the massively acclaimed installation of Katun a number of years ago, which has stolen Nemesis' crown as the "best inverted coaster in the world" as voted for by theme park enthusiasts.

The stats, according to RCB are:
Amusement Park: Mirabilandia (Savio, Emilia-Romagna 48020 Italy)
Classification: Roller Coaster
Type: Steel - Sit Down
Builder: Bolliger & Mabillard
Height: 164' 1"
At 164' this is something to watch for sure.
Last edited by AstroDan on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
popTART

sounds good wonder what the italian themeparks are like?
Rob L

I saw this on RCDB the other week and I must say it does look like it could be a very good coaster. Katun looks like a fantastic coaster so the park are capable of installing great rides and this new B&M could be another one.