The American Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Bote

Likewise, I can't ever recall seeing them in or near the ride...
spark

Where they not up around pioneer playland? i thought they had litter bins next to them?
WillPS

I think you're right Spark. They were litter bins, with hollow tummys.

I'm pretty sure the last place I remember seeing them was in the themeing graveyard (behind SkyCoaster) around 2004.
Sazzle

They were on sale at the auction in 2007 and were indeed litter bins with hollow tummys - I was thrilled to see them at Goose Fair in October!

Did I ever put the auction photos on here...? I've still got a lot of stuff left actually that I might chuck on eBay like I did a few years back - you guys will be the first to know :).

I really miss AA, and have been thinking about it a lot of late!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
spark

Possibly Saz, but I would like to see them again :)
Sazzle

General American Adventure photos, plus some from the auction:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... aa7428f027

Hope the link works!
the wall

Hi everybody  :D

Just been for a walk around the AA today .
Looks like they are putting a new road around the lake and they have cut all the trees down on the edge of the lake
mmmmmmm! anyone any idea ?? :?  see pics

https://plus.google.com/photos/11710429 ... 0659126705

Darkside
haydn!

It's hard to picture where that is, without any obvious point of reference now, but there has always been a road looks like the one that's always been there. It runs from the original entrance, behind Aztec Kingdom and the Rapids right through up to Space Port.
the wall

Hi

yes they have taken all the top surface off the road that went around the park closest to the lake like when they re surface the roads the pics are near the new entrance ,twinlooper, nightmare niagra, area but it goes all the way around the park the top has been taken off  by 3 inch looks like its ready for resurfacing.
haydn!

Or possibly removal. I believe the plan now is to just make it an extension of Shipley Park?
the wall

That sounds possible that would be good !!
BigAl

Sazzle wrote: General American Adventure photos, plus some from the auction:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... aa7428f027

Hope the link works!
Just looked through all of those photos. It looked like a great little park that could have been a lot more, had it been treated properly. I wish I'd had the chance to visit. :/
Bote

BigAl wrote: Just looked through all of those photos. It looked like a great little park that could have been a lot more, had it been treated properly. I wish I'd had the chance to visit. :/
American Adventure was far from "little" :P As far as UK parks go it was certainaly one of the larger ones! It really is a shame they didn't utilise some of the space a little better though. The lake especially. If anyone had the desire they could have built a big middle finger to Aquanura in it, or even had a coaster or two sweeping out over it :P The whole place post 1995(ish) was just a big missed pottential.

I've said it countless times, but I'll say it again! God I miss this place :(

Oh, and Saz I want you to know I am not at all jealous of your winnings in that auction... At all... *breaks into house and steals* ;)

As for the roads, my guess would be they are stripping them down for removal so they can cover over them, or whatever it is they plan to do with them. I would be surprised if they are being resurfaced and we've not heard anything about it.
spark

I'd noticed last Monday there was workmen cutting back the trees and bushes, however if they were opening the place up surely they wouldnt go to the hassle of keep replacing the broken fencing preventing people getting in?

I'd say the roads are for some sort of construction thats going to happen soon,
extremis

I have few memoriesof this park, but have been to it when i was about 10yrs old, now 28, the ride i remembered most was the missile roller coaster, I thought it was better than the revoulution at pleasure beach. Also nightmare niagra, which me and my dad where going to go on as the last ride of the day, as me and my dad where rushing through the deserted queue line to get on, they anoounced over the tanoid, they where closing, and missed out on the steepest log flume at the time. the minature railway going round the, and going pat the log flume, where it looked like the passengers in the train where going to get soaked, they had cannopys over, so every one stayed dry.
Would loved to have visited in itslast few seasons, but never got the chance to
found in the depths of blackpool dungeons, being hung from extremis
mrbrightside

extremis wrote:the missile roller coaster
It's still rideable at Pleasurewood Hills :)

Have to say, I had a read of this thread and various other sites about the place recently. Obviously knew nothing of the place when I was younger - was too young, too far away and didn't have a theme park interest. However, it looks like it was an incredibly fun place and its a crying shame that it rotted away to nothing...
ImageImage
Themeparksandy1981

Did some of there rides end up at the twin lakes theme park?
djtruefitt

Im sure that the buffalo ride went to twinlakes, not sure if anything else did as well, I think the train might have as well?
Bote

As said above, the Buffalo was purchased from Twinlakes Melton Mowbery, and I think they had a couple of other smaller rides.
Themeparksandy1981

What about the pirate ship?