The American Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
spark

Yea it turns out he is a bit of a dreamer.

They have cleared the site of all the overgrown trees and bushes. I expect them to move in diggers etc soon
Exptp

I really miss this park, it could of been so awesome and such a shame what happened to it! History of American Adventure
jackf1tz

Here's a pretty cool article with some urban exploring http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/wh ... can-981623
PhNx Survivor

So.. nothing has still happened to this site.. there are pictures everywhere of how overgrown the cars parks are, and looking at all the pictures shown for the land where a lot of the rides used to stand. It has become a very high active site for wildlife to live there.

As much as I would love to see this theme park return, due to all the other plans falling through, I don’t think we’ll be so lucky.. that petition has hit almost 11K supporters.. the guy in charge of it doesn’t seem to bothered in all honesty..

If this were to be resurrected, then a new petition, more up to date, and well looked after should be made in place..

Would be nice to see this land again, and have a new taste of thrill in the Midlands compared to Alton Towers, and Drayton Manor down the roads.. With all the new concepts, and how Merlin parks are going now.. I would say it’s now or never for this to happen, as a better time will never come again once London Resort starts kicking off (if it kicks off)..

However, as much as it would be great.. hopes are very limited!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Morgan

Not the most exciting post ever, but I was in the area recently and took a trip to what was the American Adventure.

I never visited the park when it was open, but it was a rather surreal experience walking alongside an area that would've been sprawling with life.

It should be noted that we didn't break into the site, and all the pictures were taken in public areas.
Robert.W

They really need to decide what they're doing with the site now – if it's not going to be used for anything, then they should rip up all the concrete and let nature grow back properly. No point leaving it in the mess it is unless they have plans to do something with the site in the near future.

spark

Aren't the plans for the housing and businesses going ahead now?
PhNx Survivor

They’ve been going ahead for the past few years.. but still nothing has happened. Even their website hasn’t been updated as they state that construction should start at 2 different year dates..

I think something is finally happening, but not for the good of theme park enthusiasts unfortunately.
spark

Its gone way past that stage, lovely area for a park also, shame someone like Gulivers didnt buy it
PhNx Survivor

spark wrote:Its gone way past that stage, lovely area for a park also, shame someone like Gulivers didnt buy it
Sure I heard somewhere the owner of Gullivers did once own it, but sold to other businesses..

Don’t quote me on that as I could very well be wrong :lol