The American Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
spark

From what i have heard it was extremely busy today
Thomas

On East Midlands today apparently they reported the Rapids could of gone for nearly £2million, they said it was going even if it was just sold for £200,000.
Anonymous

I attended the auction this morning from 11 - 12.30, unfortunately I had to go to the Carnival day at Heanor this afternoon. However I wrote down all the selling prices for lot numbers 1 - 113 if anyone's interested, let me know.
Some highlights: The tatty old phone box went for £360, the large Bear Bin went for £510 and the log flume carts went for between £20 and £60 - I wish I'd have bought one now, but I don't know how I would have got it home...maybe I could have towed it behind my car back to Heanor? The large wooden pagoda which had the Orbitors in it sold for £2300, this was purchased for £10,000 last year, so someone got a bargain, but has a big dismantling job to do tomorrow.
Anyone know how much the rides and the High Noon buildings went for, I'm dying to know.
What's the first items that will appear on Ebay I wonder?!
shaun allsop

[quote=""Thomas""]

Also does anyone remember what the Black Hole attraction was?[/quote]

If i rember rightly and im sure someone will correct me if im wrong but im sure the blackhole was down in the missile area next to the slide, it used to be some kind of walzter ride in the dark and then got changed to lazer dogems in the dark.

Ill defantily being scanning ebay to see if anything pops up on there :)
Sazzle

I think a lot of my stuff will end up on Ebay! I managed to bag that huge table of stuff full of concept art, marketing mock-ups etc. I'll get some pictures in a minute but I'm still sifting through it having a nosey!

There's far too much stuff here for me to keep - it simply isn't real.

Some absolutely brilliant stuff that I didn't realise was there. Some of the stuff I'm definately keeping is the concept art from the 80's - did you know AA was supposed to have Morrocco, Switzerland and Small World areas? :P

Shall be on with pics later xx

Edit - the link shows some of my favourite pieces from the lot, and of course will be keeping these. I'm just about to hit the dining room again to get you some shots of the stuff I can't physically keep (no room!)
Clickage :)
spark

Saz,

Please let us on here have first dibs on anything you get rid of :D

In photo 228 is that a picture of the park with a Hotel in the back ground?
Thomas

Nice stuff there, i like the look of what that boneshaker attraction could have been :D
Sazzle

Lol course you lot will! I don't intend on Ebaying it until I've offered it around in private sales (I know it sounds dodgy but hey, it deserves to go to people who appreciate it).

I'll check on the hotely thing in a minute, just uploading the pictures of stuff I'm not wanting :P. Ace drawings eh :D
spark

[quote=""Thomas""]Nice stuff there, i like the look of what that boneshaker attraction could have been :D[/quote]

The thing is now, we have seen what they have planned but why didnt they build them and where would they all of gone?

Definately, those are awesome and i would love to own some of them.
Sazzle

Stuff I'm not keen on keeping!

Dunno what park the first six pictures are - they're in huge glass/plastic frame things. I'm hazarding a guess at Camelot?

I've no idea what happened with respect to drawings reaching reality in all honesty, but I do know that some of the stuff is from the Britannia Park era (text only clear near bottom of image, sorry!). Perhaps the whole prison fiasco of the Britannia lot had something to do with it?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v734/ ... o-0258.jpg

Coolies eh 8)
spark

Links not working :cry:
shaun allsop

Some great stuff you got there spark, Congrats.

Its a great shame to see that they had great plans but never made it to fruitation.

(spark Check your pms)
spark

[quote=""Sazzle""]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v734/ ... /Unwanted/

And noooooow?[/quote]

Loads better thanks :D

Shaun, Do you mean sazzle?
Mattmills

erm its sazzle? not spark? lol
shaun allsop

Yes sorry i ment sazzle

And just incase peeps were interested the company that did most of those concepts are still up and running:

http://www.larcinc.com/home_flash.html

They state that they have done work for both Alton Towers and the American Adventure but i haven't stumbled across anything yet
Sazzle

I've just noticed something about those designs br LARC.. there's an email address on the bottom. Surely the Internet wasn't that well-used back in the early nineties? It may be that the concepts are for a later stage...?
shaun allsop

:P Its Happening!!!! :P

Not sure if this is from the park or not because he doesnt describe it very well but its worth a look just incase:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUE-AMERICAN-ADV ... dZViewItem

Sorry dont know how to link
Mattmills

[quote=""Sazzle""]I've just noticed something about those designs br LARC.. there's an email address on the bottom. Surely the Internet wasn't that well-used back in the early nineties? It may be that the concepts are for a later stage...?[/quote]

Hmmm interesting!
Sazzle

That top was on there well before the auction - I checked a few days ago for any BOGOF tickets for AA that were present a few months back, haha. I hope to God some poor soul didn't buy them.

I'm having a hell of a job trying to fit this stuff in my bedroom :-| Lmao. I'm gonna have to start getting rid of some items pretty soon else I'll not be able to move!

Think I've found a buyer for the 6 Camelot framed photo things, and I may possibly have a home for some of the Motion Master stuff (he deserves it :P).

Any more for any more?

OOOOOOHHHHHH yes, nearly forgot!

Had someone get in touch with me concerning the designs for the different worlds. They're from the John Broome era (1997 & 1998) and were the plans for changing the park to Adventure World where there was movement away from the American theme into different worlds. That explains both the email address (Internet more used around late 90s) and the reason for AA changing to Adventure World at whatever point :D.