The American Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
bigblade40

Yeah i know its still SBNO but i'm sure somebody said a few pages back that it had been sold. :D
bigblade40
Anonymous

[quote=""Sarah-TTF""][Thanks for pointing out the area has been removed, though the picture was to show thr Derbyshire area in the background - why did they remove it?]

I don't know what the park are up to, but they're giving out mixed messages.

I picked up a leaflet in the local town, which clearly explained they'd changed their audience, but it was laughable just how they were trying to market themselves. It was all patronising talk about how they've got their mascot bears dressed up in pink frilly frocks, and Rascal Rocket (which I hasten to add was closed last time I went) which they claim is the best thing since sliced bread.
[/quote]
I think I know the one you mean, picket it up in Nottingham Tourist Information centre, I think trading standards should know about RR to be honest, it was advertised as new for 2004, then they claimed it to be new for 2005... con.
[quote=""Sarah-TTF""]
There's no point advertising the park locally, we don't care any more, everyone can see its been run to the ground, and no one I've spoken to this year plans on visitng again now they know the best rides in the park are gone. Everyone is shocked at their disappearance, and are somewhat mystified as to why they're still standing.

IMO AA have no place in the family market, in fact I'm beginning to think they have no place at all!

I just don't think the park is set up for this audience, and with a lack of cash, there's not a lot they can do to re arrange the park to cater for families of the age range they're directing at. Besides, what fourteen year old will jump onto Rascal Rocket with high spirits? At that age they're chav wannabes who're more likely to laugh at the operator!
[/quote]
Truth is, they need an easy way of smoothening over what they have done; their total neglect towards maintenance means that one (excellent) ride has become structurally unsafe. Without Nightmare Niagara, Missile and Rapids the park will fail.

[quote=""Sarah-TTF""]
They said they added colour to the Pioneer Playland section by painting the faces, but it looks horrendous... From a childs point of view, its something to look at and it'll stick in their mind.. But really.. The colours could have been a little bit better thought out!
[/quote]
Damn straight! I know that as a child I used to gawp up in those things in awe... of course they look stupid when they have Moss growing up them, but they look even more stupid now.

[quote=""Sarah-TTF""]I know its difficult to compare the two, but I really am having doubts about them pushing the park in this direction, I feel it is a disastrous decison now I've thought about it. If you guys came to the park and just saw the amount of people it attracts, I dare say it'd bring a sinking feeling to the majority.[/quote]
Exactly what Im frightened of, the place that holds so many memories of my childhood... derelict.

[quote=""Sarah-TTF""]
Would you believe they're charging £14.99 (adult) entrance this year? DMP is just £19 (adult) at their maximum rate.[/quote]
A whole pound cheaper than last year, and when you think about it - an absolute bargain.... oh wait, no - rip off. Personally I think what AA currently have to offer is worth £7 topps.

Really upsetting all this uncertainty, may I add.
Makusu

I went American Adventure with School last year. In my opinion it's very badly run SO many line Jumpers and the only Rides worth going on were "The Missile" and "Nightmare Niagra" but that's just my opinion.
spark

[quote=""Makusu""]I went American Adventure with School last year. In my opinion it's very badly run SO many line Jumpers and the only Rides worth going on were "The Missile" and "Nightmare Niagra" but that's just my opinion.[/quote]

Your telling me your school arranged a trip from Manchester to the American Adventure?

Just seemed a little werid considering AT and DMP are just as close yet better considering the distance travelled
Makusu

[quote=""spark""][quote=""Makusu""]I went American Adventure with School last year. In my opinion it's very badly run SO many line Jumpers and the only Rides worth going on were "The Missile" and "Nightmare Niagra" but that's just my opinion.[/quote]

Your telling me your school arranged a trip from Manchester to the American Adventure?

Just seemed a little werid considering AT and DMP are just as close yet better considering the distance travelled[/quote]
Well the year 7's an 8's go to American Adventure an the year 9's an 10's go to Alton Towers.. For some strange reason...
Anonymous

Because it's cheap.

Rocking Tug on site now, apparently.
Adam

[quote=""Makusu""]I went American Adventure with School last year. In my opinion it's very badly run SO many line Jumpers and the only Rides worth going on were "The Missile" and "Nightmare Niagra" but that's just my opinion.[/quote]

i agree with you, The Missile and Nightmare Niagra were the two best rides! i still cant get over them thinking taking them away will make the park better!
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
colin_p

Rocking Tug on site now, apparently.
I wonder if they have decided where they are going to put it yet? :wink:

I wouldn't be suprised if this ride turns out to be a travelling version, the fact they hadn't decided where it would go and the short time they'll have for installation makes me fear the worse :crazy:

Further updates awaited with interest....
Adam

if they dont make a good job of all these new small rides themeing wise its just gonna go more downhill.

pictures and more info would be good :)
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
themadman26

Rocking Tub's are very common and cheap and at my local park wicksteed they have bought one for about 100,000 I think ! they are easy to move and nearly every park i know has one :D
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere
Anonymous

I went and got oil all over my new shirt. AWFUL i complained and they refunded me.Never been since
Anonymous

[quote=""angellk""]I went and got oil all over my new shirt. AWFUL i complained and they refunded me.Never been since[/quote]

When was this?
Tom M

I was on this site and it had some pictures of a coaster they were selling, i thought that this looks terribley like the RMT at AA and when i went to save the picture it was called 'americanadventure1' and 'americanadventure2' can anyone confirm that this is it? Here are the pictures:
Image Image
Martin1

Yep it is. As it says american adventure that is sort of a give away :P
fanm

They were selling that TYPE of ride. It's a manufacturers website (INTERLINK), and they made the RMT at AA, so was probably some stock photos. Website is http://www.interlink-lg.com/indexProduct.html
Argh! REVISION
haydn!

They're incredibly old pictures also, as the center of the helix is filled with connifer trees now, and as been for several years. Also, i doubt the AA's version is up for sale, its possibly the only decent ride on the park!
Vik

Yep it must be an old picture, it shows people there :P

Doubt AA will get rid of RMT as well, after all it is a family ride, which the littleuns will like, which is what they are trying to cater for.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Tom M

Yes but the rapids were a family ride....nowhere to be seen now.
doom+sons1988

I liked the RMT at American Adventure, I especially liked the bit where you went into the mountain and nearly had your head cut off by the frame work. It's a shame the rest of American Adventure is so haphazard because RMT and Nightmare Niagara are some of best rides I've been on.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Tom M

The rides that have closed are as followed:

Nightmare Niagra (log flume)
The Missile
Rocky Mountain Rapids (May be re-opened)
Yankee Clipper (Big pirate ship)
Lazer dodgems
Astro slide
Go karts
And the rest of space port...
Last edited by Tom M on Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.