Disney Bans Smoking in ALL Parks

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
marita

It was announced yesterday by the Disney parks that smoking will be banned from the 1st May 2019 in all Parks/Water parks. Guests wanting to smoke or vape will have to leave the park to an outside designated area. 
I understand that there are a lot of people who don't smoke and will be happy with this but the smoking areas at the moment are well out of the way of the general public so the smell etc it limited, but talking to a few fellow Disney world visitors the following questions have come up

If i have to go out of the park will I then have to go all the way through bag check again? It will be a hassle for security staff 
At the water park will I be allowed out in my swim costume?
What happens if the park is at capacity and i leave my family to go for a smoke/vape, can i get back in. 

I think that this may force people into smoking anywhere, may cause people to be more short tempered (especially during roasting season)

What do you guys think?
Tom

Seems like a great idea. As a non smoker there's literally nothing I hate more than being in a queue where people are smoking.
marita

Tom wrote:Seems like a great idea. As a non smoker there's literally nothing I hate more than being in a queue where people are smoking.
Oh I totally agree smoking in the queue is totally disrespectful
It isn't like that in Disney world. There are prob 2 smoking areas in each park and they are well out of the way of general traffic flow. People are very respectful and use those areas not like the people here in the UK.  If they don't then the chances of being thrown out  of the park is high staff are all over it

But sometimes you can be in the park 12 hrs + a day not the avg 8 like here, so I think tempers may get a little tetchy 
AltonOperator

I think its a great idea. Often innovations from Disney make their way to regional parks after a while so I hope we see this happening in the next 5-10 years.
Disneyland Paris is quite bad for it so I hope it is enforced well. I think this can only improve the family atmosphere at the parks.
Thanks Jack
Swarm Chris

I believe this currently only covers the US parks and resorts. Which is a shame, because Disneyland Paris is the only park I've come across that has an issue with this.
AltonOperator

I have seen people mention that this could be to do with Florida possibly legalising recreational use of cannabis in the future. It would be very off-brand for Disney to allow that in their parks so this could be a way of managing it.
Thanks Jack