Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Liam.W

Six Flags have announced that the worlds first single-railed rollercoaster is to open at Six Flags Fiesta Texas next Spring!

The Wonder Woman Golden Lasso is a RMC Raptor coaster!

http://amp.usatoday.com/story/534583001/
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

jackf1tz

What's it on the site of in the park?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It does look somewhat bizarre, but it will be exciting to see what RMC's fully-steel product turns out like.
jackf1tz wrote:What's it on the site of in the park?
It's going on the site of Power Surge, an Intamin shoot-the-chutes which was closed on July 23rd.
ThemeCrafter264

The coaster itself looks good and RMC crazy but I few concerns with it. Firstly, capacity is going to be rather poor, with 8 seater trains and there doesn't seem to be a MCBR. Also, that paint scheme is awful; it's worse than awful. It looks like a McDonalds roller coaster and doesn't at all shout wonder woman.
TheCodeMaster

Something I loved most about SFFT was how everything felt like it fit in. Although this looks like a cool addition, It really doesn't fit in at all. It would be awesome if it interacted with the quarry wall, like the other major coasters.
Your not so local California Resident.
Owen

Here's a YouTube link to the announcement video.
Dom

I must say it looks pretty funky. Will be interesting to see this being constructed and then eventually running
Ladyofthelake

This looks to be a very interesting coaster, it'll be intriguing to see how the various elements ride and how the overall experience is. The only concern I have at the moment is the capacity of the ride. It seems to be a low capacity ride for a large park which leads to the potential for very, very long queues. However, I shall reserve full judgement until it's open and operating.
Burniel

I'd echo the mostly positive comments about the announcement, and I also share the concerns around the capacity of the ride. Could we possibly see separate load/unload stations or some sort of double loading system to counteract the impact of the small trains? I would hope so.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Liam.W

It appears that the test track set up at RMC's offices/workshop is in fact a segment from the Wonder Woman coaster!

Photo credit to coaster101.com
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Ladyofthelake

Track has started to be installed for Wonder Woman: Golden Lassoo at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Credit to CoasterForce on Twitter

Ladyofthelake

Six Flags Fiesta Texas have posted a video on their Facebook page showing the highest section of track being installed for Wonder Woman Golden Lasso.

The more I see of this the more intrigued I'm getting about it. It's making me so excited to try it out in July!!
Ladyofthelake

More footage of Wonder Woman Golden Lasso has been posted by Six Flags Fiesta Texas, this time in the form of drone footage on their Twitter account.

This is looking so exciting!!
NemesisRider

Just seen this video of Wonder Woman testing at Six Flags Fiesta Texas... Wow. It looks like it's absolutely hauling through the course! Would love to see one of these come to Europe if it's this well paced!

Facebook Video of the test from SFFT Source. 
lewis97
Admin
Admin

You can be sure there's airtime when something flies off the train as it goes over a hill...
Chris
Admin
Admin

Holy crap! That's nuts!
MakoMania

Goodness me, we need one of those at Blackpool.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
NemesisRider

^ Eh, I’d rather see a Raptor come to a smaller park that wouldn’t suffer with the small capacity of it. Maybe Paultons? 
Anyway, it’s insane how little speed it loses! It’s almost like someone set friction to 0! If that’s how representative of what will actually open, this type of ride could be great for parks with height restrictions (as smaller heights could provide very good speeds).
abigsmurf

That's insanely smooth, it's like watching a car going around a hotwheels track.

God knows what stresses are put on that track though. The thin looking ridges on the side of the track where the wheels go, Would they last a decade without warping or developing terminal microfractures? Especially in that Texas heat. It's an exciting new tech but I could see a lot of parks waiting to see the maintenence needed on them before getting getting the chequebook out.
Ladyofthelake

Wonder Woman is now testing on three trains as shown in this video which has been posted to YouTube
[youtube]sm2FW_IbKow[/youtube]

As with previous tests, it is looking very fast! Even with three trains though I do have some concerns regarding the ride's throughout with the trains being single file in design, I think it's goning to be a ride people are going to have to be prepared to queue a while to get on - may be one to either run to first thing, or make it the last ride of the day by joining the queue at the last opportunity before closing to try and either minimise your wait, or make sure you've done everything else first so the longer wait at the end of the day doesn't impact on the rest of your day.