Little BIG City Berlin

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

[align=center]Image[/align]
Presumably in preparation for tomorrow's Trading Update from Merlin, the website for Little BIG City Berlin is now live and a short video available here.

Although there are very limited details about the attraction at this stage, this will be Merlin's latest midway brand and will take visitors on an adventure through the history of the respective city (Berlin in this case) utilising models alongside a range of other technology and effects when it opens in Summer 2017.

I did also came across a document with some additional information;

Hopefully we'll find out more about the experience tomorrow!
Liam.W

Ooohhh this looks interesting, will have to try it when I'm next in Berlin!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here's what was said in relation to the attraction in today's Trading Update:
We are excited to announce today the pilot of a new, internally developed brand: 'Little Big City' – an imaginative recasting of the ever popular miniature world attraction format. Launching first in Berlin in 2017, 'Little Big City' will be the new and interactive way to experience a city's history, culture and individuality, using a unique combination of traditional and modern special effects, storytelling and model cityscapes.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Extracted visuals from the presentation:

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]
Nick Varney also mentioned that the 'interactive narrators' guests will encounter during the attraction will be called 'Automatons', so that finally answers what that trademark was for after being brought up in speculation for what became Derren Brown's Ghost Train.
simon666

Hey,
I just tried this attraction with my daughter. It's actually really good. I can see them expanding it to a lot of other cities - I mean pretty much every other big city has an interesting story to tell and the techniques and technologies they are using are quite novel, especially having the small translucent TV screens embedded in the mini world.

Definitely give it a go if your in Berlin, is highly recommended!
Chris
Admin
Admin

So this is basically where the profts from the theme parks are going to..

I want to be excited about the attraction, but I feel it is another 'visit once and never again', like most of the other midway attractions, if you aren't their typical family audience.

Guess it is a reason to increase the price of the AP - I wish they would do a theme park only pass?

I'm sure will see one in London, New York, Sydney.. you get the idea..
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I believe the next one will be in China (Beijing if I remember correctly). The 'LITTLE BIG CITY' trademark was registered with the UK IP Office just over a week ago also, so one in London probably isn't too far off either.
Justin

Here is a little video...

[youtube]zjyVXtQxpi0[/youtube]