Dubai Parks & Resorts

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Theo

Interested to see that, what looks like an Intamin Zacspin is in the concept art. I thought they were looked down upon now since all the accidents?
Chris
Admin
Admin

It would probably be the S&S version.
Liam.W

Yeah, the concept art looks like a S&S 4D Free Spin coaster, not an Intamin Zac Spin.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

theparklifekid

As Legoland Dubai is the first park of Dubai Parks & Resorts to open, the thing that connects the rest of the parks, hotels and shops together is RiverLand Dubai

LegoLand Dubai and RiverLand Dubai will open on the 31st October
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Max

This whole thing looks incredible. Dubai is definitely on the bucket list.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
theparklifekid

So, the first park in Dubai Parks and Resorts, Legoland Dubai opened the other day
Opening ceremony.

I didn't find the park that good, however I was able to get pictures of Bollywood and MotionGate

The entrance to Bollywood Parks Dubai

The entrance for MotionGate Dubai

The construction of the Mack Mega-Coaster "Capital Bullet Train"

"ZombieLand: Blast Off!!" was testing

These parks looked awesome and hopefully they will be great!
theparklifekid

The plan to build a Universal Studios Dubailand development has been officially been scrapped, it was reported on Thursday.

The theme park’s two main backers, Dubai Holding and Universal Studios Theme Parks & Resorts, both confirmed that there are no plans to push ahead with the long-delayed project, reported Construction Week Online.
It cited a report published by Zawya saying the construction of the development started in 2008, but the project stalled following the 2008/09 financial crisis. In a statement issued on Wednesday, Dubai Holding said that it was no longer in talks with the US-based theme park operator.
Universal Studios also confirmed: “While we are always open to opportunities in the region, we’ve stepped away from this specific project.”

Universal Studios Dubailand was originally slated to complete before the end of 2010, but only a hole in the ground and the old entrance sign remains.

RIP Universal Studios Dubailand
theparklifekid

Motiongate Dubai Update

Motiongate is steadily moving swiftly towards its December opening and here are some updates of the park.

"Hotel Transylvania" is coming on great

The enterance to the indoor Dreamworks section of the park

"Dragon Gliders" and the How to train your Dragon area

"Madagascar: Mad Pursuit" in the background of the Madagascar section

Just a little infographic to finish off. :)

Motiongate Dubai is set to open of December 16th and Bollywood Parks Dubai will open next Tuesday.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Thanks for the update. Do we think all the attractions will be ready at park opening?

Hopefully not a repeat of Legoland..
theparklifekid

The second park of Dubai Parks and Resorts is now open!

"Bollywood Parks Dubai is the first theme park in the world dedicated to all things Bollywood!

Action, adventure, romance, comedy, music, dance, flavour and emotion, Bollywood style.

A celebration of Mumbai’s legendary film industry in 5 zones inspired by Bollywood blockbusters, enjoy live entertainment, stage performances and flamboyant cinematic rides in an experience unlike any other.

For the first time ever, you will live, learn and experience the kaleidoscopic world of Mumbai’s famous film industry, in the world’s first Bollywood themed park covering 1.7million square feet on the opening day."

Park Overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efhAlaM1eq0

Park Map:

So, thats 2 down 1 to go (and also a waterpark)! I have a friend that went to the opening day yesterday and he told me its awesome and one of the most beautiful parks he's been to! I won't be visiting for a few weeks though, because I don't want a repeat of Legoland and I want everything to be on top form! Also I have never watched a Bollywood Film so I maybe a bit confused! :lol
theparklifekid

Motiongate Update

Entrance to the Sony Pictures area.

Entrance to the indoor Dreamworks section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkSpIrtdWrA&t=0s
The start of a series based in the rides and shows at the park, this episode focuses on "Step-Up Dubai, All In!"
theparklifekid

MotionGate Soft Opening

Somehow, this slipped completely past me, but MotionGate had a "soft" opening/preview day the other day!

From what I gather, only a handful of rides were available at this event, including the "Smurfs Village" rides, Underworld 4D, Step-Up All In and Ghostbusters.

MotionGate Dubai is set to be open on December 16, 2016.
theparklifekid

Just Announced:

IMG Worlds of Adventure is already set to have an expansion to the park, featuring 9 new themed 'worlds' to famous IPs such as: Pokemon, Power Rangers, Mattel, Ubisoft, TV Tokyo, Nickelodeon, Toei Animation and a new themed area 'Legends of Arabia' (I'm presuming its based off of a preposed Dubailand Park!)

IMG Worlds of Legends will apparently have a retractable roof, new water based rides, will become the biggest global licensing deal ever, updated theming of existing rides and new coasters (B&M Dive Coaster anyone?)

More information to come.
ThemeCrafter264

I do understand why they are adding it but really the priority should be improving the first park
Liam.W

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:I do understand why they are adding it but really the priority should be improving the first park
The first park has only just opened, or not even opened yet I can't remember. Why would they need to improve it first?

ThemeCrafter264

Well I was referring to building new attractions there, rather than build another park. It seems as though it is a way to make a lot more money like a certain Ferrari World
owenrita121

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:Well I was referring to building new attractions there, rather than build another park. It seems as though it is a way to make a lot more money like a certain Ferrari World
That makes no sense... They are building new attractions at the park... This project is an expansion of the current park, not a completely different park. Also what does Ferrari World have to do with this? That park hasn't built another park either...
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
theparklifekid

Liam.W wrote: The first park has only just opened, or not even opened yet I can't remember. Why would they need to improve it first?
IMG Worlds of Adventure opened in August, I went there in October (heading back for a school trip next week) check out my Trip report.
ThemeParkCrafter wrote:Well I was referring to building new attractions there, rather than build another park. It seems as though it is a way to make a lot more money like a certain Ferrari World
I believe IMG Worlds is opening up another park to make it seem more like a resort. This is probably due to competition from Dubai Parks and Resorts, which have 4 attractions (with a 5th being Six Flags on the way) to offer in one area. IMG has only 1 park to offer currently and if you look on a map, its quite a drive away compared to Dubai Parks and Resorts, offering more things to do with another park, will make people want to make a trip over to IMG.

In terms of improving the park, for me IMG is the best park in the UAE, sure all the parks coasters are cloned ones, but they are excellent clones. IMG have said that they want to try add something new to the park every year, so no worries on new things there and they have enough time to do so as they haven't stated when the next park will open and will take a few years to build. The theming inside the park is awesome (especially in the Lost Valley section), awesome rides and compared to the other parks, this park has heart. The developers wanted to make something special, (unlike others that just want to sell toys and fast cars) sure 2 areas are based on IP's, but they looked at what made those special to people and delivered (especially with Avengers: Battle of Ultron, which is probably my favourite dark ride).

Also Ferrari World does and doesn't really fit into this. Ferrari World will probably make more, just because of Formula Rossa, but its in a completely different city. Ferrari World is park of the Yas Island group, another themepark rival group with Ferrari World, Yas Waterworld and the upcoming Warner Bros Park under their belt. So once again it makes sense for IMG to expand so they have a chance of surviving.
Liam.W

theparklifekid wrote:
Liam.W wrote: The first park has only just opened, or not even opened yet I can't remember. Why would they need to improve it first?
IMG Worlds of Adventure opened in August, I went there in October (heading back for a school trip next week) check out my Trip report.
Ohhh I got mixed up with MotionGate! ](*,)

theparklifekid

MotionGate Update

Zombieland: Blast-Off

Green-Hornet: High Speed Chase

Hotel Transylvania

Theming towards the entrance of the park.

In addition Motiongate have released 2 videos talking about some attractions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu9qKYrtvpk Ghostbusters - Battle for New York
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_n_DYZLiEo Smurfs Playhouse

In a bit of sad news according to MotionGates Website, Panem Aerial Tour and the Mack Mega Coaster "Capital Bullet Train" won't be ready until "early 2017".

Motiongate will open at the end of this week