Dubai Parks & Resorts

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
kt

yeah but not only do i think it will not be able to hold up its theme; i dont think it will appeal to a very wide audiance; well i for certain wouldnt want to go to a racing themed park. so then you've only got a small market to sell to.
Nick

I don't think this is the F1 theme park though is it. The F1 park is to be located at the Dubai Autodrome, Dubailand is a different project isn't it?

And the Dubai nation are kinda car mad aswel, so I doubt they will have any trouble keeping the visitors coming
Mattmills

Ah i havnt the foggiest! just the fact that there was an F1 car in that billboard picture!
Green.Wing

Universal Studios has announced a $2.2 billion project to open Universal City Dubailand (also called Universal Studios Dubailand), which is expected to open in 2010. They estimate that the park will draw in 5 million visitors a year and open with four zones which will include: Hollywood, Metropolis and an Adventure zone.
Revenge of the Mummy, Jurassic Park River Adventure, The 8th Voyage of Sinbad stunt show, a King Kong themed roller coaster and a new Aladdin themed ride are all being introduced to the park and many more.

For pictures of the plans and model click link below

http://www.screamscape.com/html/univers ... land_0.htm

HOW ACE :D
Johno

Looks very good.

I'm a tad concerned about the heat though!
Ash

Ive been following this for a while and it all looks rather generic, although i dont quite get the coasters! They look....odd
Dyls

This looks exactly like Islands of Adventure to me, and most the rides you'd find in Orlando. You would think they would like to build an original park :roll:
Danzaw*nk

Looks good! I hope they build King Kong as it means one of the two Florida parks will get one aswell (they are hoping to) :)

Looks good!

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Ryan Kingdaka

Dubai-based developer, Aqua Dunya LLC, and its sponsor investor, Al Sharq Investment, have broken ground on the first phase of the US$ 1.8 billion water-themed family entertainment destination in Dubailand. Aqua Dunya’s centerpiece, the iconic Desert Pearl, themed as the largest cruise ship in the world anchored at its desert oasis, will create a new landmark for Dubai’s growing tourism market when it opens in January 2010. Aqua Dunya aims to become one of the largest theme park resorts in the Middle East, attracting over three million visitors annually at build-out.

“The arrival of the bulldozers on site marks another major milestone in the realization of our vision for Aqua Dunya”, said Mr. Ali Al Shehri, Chairman of Al Sharq Investment.

Aqua Dunya Resort and Residences will be developed in three phases to address the growing demand as tourist arrivals increase to Dubai. The first phase comprises the Aqua Dunya Theme Park, Jumeirah Desert Pearl Hotel and Port District, 170 timeshare apartments, and 1,000 freehold residences.

In deference to the Middle East culture, Steve Tight, CEO of Aqua Dunya, explained, “What’s unique about Aqua Dunya is the combination of wet and dry rides in the same park. Unlike traditional water parks, our guests can enjoy Aqua Dunya while dressed in a swim suit or in street clothes to encourage the whole family to experience the excitement together.”

The theme park is comprised of three islands, each themed around the tales of Rakaan and his adventures on the high seas, and a number of rides inside the ship itself.

The first phase theme park will have 35 rides and shows at opening expanding to 55 at build-out, and will appeal to all demographic segments from young children to adults.

Jumeirah, the operator of landmark luxury hotels in Dubai and throughout the world and the renowned ‘Wild Wadi’ water park in Dubai, will be operating the first phase of the resort, including the Aqua Dunya Theme Park, Jumeirah Desert Pearl Hotel, and the Port District.

The five-star Jumeirah Desert Pearl Hotel in the stern of the authentic turn of the century cruise ship will offer 400 luxurious staterooms and suites with views to the surrounding oasis, innovative themed restaurants, a top quality spa, and a variety of recreational facilities.

The Port District offers unique merchandise from around the world in a traditional Arabian souk setting and exotic international dining overlooking the massive 330 meter long cruise ship which forms the backdrop for world-class nightly entertainment.

Aqua Dunya also includes a family-oriented timeshare development with themed one to four bedroom vacation apartments bordering the theme park and canal. The first phase of the residential community sits at the end of the canal with freehold apartments and townhouses fronting an esplanade of waterfront shops and restaurants.

At build-out, Aqua Dunya will include two world class theme parks, three themed hotels, a retail and dining district, a 1,400 seat waterfront theater, a nine-hole golf course, 755 timeshare apartments, and an adjacent residential community with over 2,600 freehold residences.

Aqua Dunya Resort & Residences is themed around the Adventures of Rakaan, the son of a poor Bedouin family that lived in the late 1800’s by an oasis in the desert now known as Dubai.

The Adventures of Rakaan:
While the family tended their goats and camels, the youngest son, Rakaan, was fascinated with the sea and the activity of the thriving port. Rakaan spent his days by the waterfront watching the pearl divers unload their oysters and the massive trading vessels come and go, while dreaming of one day, sailing away to exciting far off lands.

Finally, unable to resist the temptation, Rakaan stowed away aboard a tea schooner heading east. Two days later the captain discovered the young boy, but it was too late to return to port. The captain was charmed by the boy’s energy and enthusiasm and took him under his wing. As the boy grew to become an experienced sailor, he made his own trading fortune in distant lands and collected magnificent treasures from the four corners of the globe. Over time, however, he longed to see his family once again, and returned to find them still at their camp by the desert oasis.

As Rakaan sat around the campfire recounting stories of his amazing travels, the family was spellbound by his tales and the fascinating gifts that he brought. He decided that his family must experience the world’s wonders for themselves. A port was constructed and Rakaan began construction of a spectacular sailing vessel, the largest in the world, to take his family and friends to see the world. While his father didn’t have a great deal of money, he did have family and friends who together dug a canal from their oasis to the Gulf to launch his ship, named “The Desert Pearl”. After many years traveling the world, the Desert Pearl returned to the family’s oasis where it has sat at port, awaiting its next adventure.

The Desert Pearl is now being restored to its original splendor, and will once again be ship-shape and ready to set sail. With the help of a little bit of Aqua Dunya imagination, families and friends will embark on an adventure of a lifetime to the exotic island destinations that Rakaan explored.
JaiB!

I passed through Dubai on my way back from Auz and the whole place is covered in huge advertisements for Dubailand, It looks immense, cant wait to go back when its all finished :D

JaiB!
Kaz

Looks like a nice park, shame Dubai is one of the worst places we have ever visited and trust me we do a lot of travelling!
AdamJ

That coaster looks blooming insane! Gotto be powerful! Should be good to see this when its all done, keep us updated :D

Adz :)
altontowers1

This might sound stupid or not...

But is Dubailand a brand new themepark currently getting built...?

intresting pictures :P
also how come its not on rcdb?

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc
Kaz

That coaster looks blooming insane! Gotto be powerful! Should be good to see this when its all done, keep us updated
Hate to tell you this but it's not real, its themeing. That is the perimeter wall that surrounds the park and that train is stuck in that position for display. If it were real it would kill you.
AdamJ

^ :( Oh well, looks good nevr-the-less.
altontowerskid

They built a fake roller coaster for the boundary wall!!
Thats amazing, what a great idea, this theme park looks to be amazing and those model pictures show that after a few years after opening it could be the worlds best theme park with being in Dubai aswell.
Moley

Late 2007, United Arab Emirate-based Al Ahli Group and Marvel Entertainment, Inc. announced a partnership that will bring Marvel's full library of Super Heroes - including Spider-Man, Iron Man, The X-Men, Incredible Hulk, The Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer - to Dubai for a major new theme park destination being developed by AAG. The Marvel Super-Heroes theme park project was supposed to open in 2011 with an investment of over $1 billion USD but apparently it seems that it will open now in 2012.

More Info & Images

This looks incredible.
DavidA

Thank you for that post i follow the work going on in and around Dubailand. I just hope that they start building some of these parks soon will be the place to go. when the parks start to open.
Marvel park is looking better and better looks like they will be a nice mixs of rides there.
Gloomy Dude

Wow. This'll be a laugh. World's first theme park built by slave labour anyone? [-(
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
Crofty

[quote=""Gloomy Dude""]Wow. This'll be a laugh. World's first theme park built by slave labour anyone? [-([/quote]

Indeed!

Any un-married couples be sure to keep your hands to yourself in the Tunnel of love ride. :P