Warwick Castle

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AstroDan

Warwick Ghosts – Alive
31st March - 28th October
Warwick Castle’s infamous Ghost Tower is once more transformed into a chilling live-action spook experience. Using a mix of live actors, sound, visual and lighting effects it literally brings the true story of Warwick’s most famous ghost to life as the tale of Sir Fulke Greville’s murder is recreated.  

Warwick Ghosts – Alive is screamingly good fun but visitors are advised that its scary content may make it unsuitable for children under eight or anyone of a nervous disposition.  An additional charge applies and pre-booking is advised.
Great news! This was a really great short walkthrough! I thought it would be rubbish but I really enjoyed it. Will definitely get back to Warwick in main season to enjoy this!

:D
Shent

Sounds cool, HMMMM :roll:
......The one and only... :sus:
Nick

At least a Tussauds haunted attraction can't get worse than Chamber Live at Madame Tussauds. That was awful.

Won't really be rushing back to Warwick though, seeing as its a place where people go to retire and die :roll: :P
AstroDan

To be fair, when we went on the TTF meet the weather was appalling and the attractions (even if the slide was poor) were in a terrible state.

Warwick in the summer months is actually really enjoyable - the Trebuchet shooting, the jousting tournaments, archery displays and Ghosts Alive. If you like history, then it's a cool place to visit.

It can be a good day out! Trust me!

:)
Redcoat Jase

I went to Warwick on Wednesday, And it was OK! - Nothing was open really, there were a few tours of the State Rooms, but that was it.

I think the best thing to do on that day was walk around the State Rooms and see the waxworks. Where, I saved a Cleaners life! :D

We only spent about 3hours there though, but when i've been in the summer, they've had stalls over on River Island, I still thought it was kinda rubbish though.
I don't think the Ghost Tower was that scary at all really, obviously Ghosts Alive! wasn't on, but i can't imagine it being much when it is really.

I think it's more of a Tourist attraction for Americans really, other than that it's kind of boring and overpriced during these months.
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Craig

[quote=""Nick""]Won't really be rushing back to Warwick though, seeing as its a place where people go to retire and die :roll: :P[/quote]

I still stand by that though as well! :P
sammie04

Oh will have to get myself to Warwick and try it out sounds good and I don't anything could be as bad as the Chamber live at Madame Tussauds.
AstroDan

Ghosts Alive is a proper Room 13 walkthrough style scare story inside the Ghost Tower that lasts 4 minutes. I thought it was really good.

At the end of the day, if you don't like castles/history particularly, you aren't going to find Warwick of interest really.

It's not a typical young persons place of visit like Towers. But it can be good.
m4++

[quote=""JulieAndrews""]At least a Tussauds haunted attraction can't get worse than Chamber Live at Madame Tussauds. That was awful.

Won't really be rushing back to Warwick though, seeing as its a place where people go to retire and die :roll: :P[/quote]

I didn't think Ghost Tower was that good, I thought Chamber Live was better to be honest.
Hark

I went on this Last Year and christ I've never been so scared in my life.. I won't give anything away but here's a tip: Don't be close to the entrance door!

It's well worth paying extra and the use of lighting and effects are brilliant. Well worth visiting.. however very short and if you don't like dark confined spaces this is not for you..
AstroDan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cove ... 136076.stm
72-year-old visitor has died after falling 15ft (4.5m) from a bridge into undergrowth at a castle.
Emergency crews were called to Warwick Castle on Sunday afternoon following reports the man, thought to be from Coventry, had fallen.

People attempted to resuscitate the man, who was believed to have suffered a heart attack. He was taken to hospital, but later died.

A spokeswoman for Warwick Castle said an investigation was under way.

She said it appeared the man had suffered a heart attack and fell into an area of undergrowth below the bridge.

The spokeswoman said that the health and safety of guests was the castle's "primary concern".

Investigation launched

She added: "An immediate investigation has been launched into the incident and access to the area has been closed off.

"In accordance with our health and safety procedures the Health and Safety Executive has been informed.

"The management and staff of Warwick Castle would like to express their condolences to the family at this time."

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: "Unfortunately, despite all of the efforts it was not possible to save him and he was confirmed dead shortly after arrival.

"We would like to pass on our thanks to the public, St John staff and the firefighters who assisted at the scene.

"The early intervention gave the man the best possible chance of survival."
Bad news for the Castle, it has to be said.
Liam

Only place I can think of is that he was sitting on one of the walls of the stone 'draw bridge' and leant back.
Very sad story. :(
Adam

Very sad when something like this happens, but I'm sure Warwick Castle are not to blame. There is not much that could be done.

It's just a turn of bad luck I guess.

Adam x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
altontowers1

Its doesn't sound like warrick castle are to blame though.
it sounds like its just one of those unfortunate incidents :cry: .

aww bless him.

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc
evil cod

Dont think this has been posted yet:

[quote=""hauntedattractions.co.uk""]News has just reached us that on the last day of the season, staff at Warwick Ghost’s Alive were told that the attraction would be closing down permanently.

There had been no indication previously that this was going to happen and was a huge shock to the cast – many who have been performing in the attraction for a number of years.

Also closing down is Dream of Battle which is expected to be turned into a “Dungeons style attraction” for 2009.[/quote]
Full Story

Will be a sadly missed attraction but I suppose a dungeons style less scary attraction will suit Warwick better. Shame thou :(
AstroDan

SHame, but Ghosts Alive was getting a little stale. It wasn't a bad attraction, but I felt like it was wrong to charge extra on top of Warwick's already high gate price. However it was enjoyable, and added an extra incentive to visit. Without it, Warwick for me is less of a draw.
Jase

oooo Warwick Dungeons? I'd love to see an Alton Dungeons at Alton Towers though! :)
Ash

Never thought of that Jase!

I would love to see that, never been to a Dungeons attraction but i would love to see it done one day at Alton, make good use of the massive space at the Towers :)
AstroDan

New for 2009 will be a Merlin branded "Dungeon" at Warwick Castle! Following in the footsteps of York, Edinburgh, London, Hamburg and Amsterdam, it will theoretically replace the now ceased "Ghosts Alive" from Easter 2009!

[url=http://www.warwick-castle.co.uk/whats_h ... ungeon.asp" target="_blank]http://www.warwick-castle.co.uk/whats_h ... ungeon.asp[/url]
Joe Koopa

Great move, if you ask me Ghosts Alive seemed unpopular and many people were un-willing to pay the extra-cost.

It should also fit in with a family image, Ghosts Alive market-group aren't really the type that visit Warwick Castle. :)