SeaWorld San Diego

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Texas would be even better than Cali for that!
MakoMania

Chris wrote:Texas would be even better than Cali for that!
The Texas complex has masses of room for it as well, I think that Aquatica San Antonio is likely to be the next park that recieves a solar plant.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Wagstaff04

SeaWorld have announced Tidal Twister, a new coaster coming to San Diego by Syline Attractions. It seems to be a horizontal version of the infamous Harley Quinn: Crazy Coaster at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. It features a figure-8 circuit with an airtime hill and a zero-G roll in the middle. It will run two trains, and will have a top speed of 30mph. 
MakoMania

SeaWorld San Diego have announced Mako, a new B&M Dive Coaster and a Shark habitat upgrade for 2020 and a new Penguin experience in 2021.

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201901/6525/
Last edited by MakoMania on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Htjc_

MakoMania wrote:SeaWorld San Diego have announced Mako, a new B&M Dive Coaster coming in 2020, followed by a Shark habitat upgrade in 2021 and a new Penguin experience in 2022.
From what we have seen the coaster looks good and habitat upgrades are always welcome. Seems like you're going to have to specify SeaWorld Orlando in your name now!
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
Ladyofthelake

It would appear that SeaWorld San Diego's B&M dive coaster isn't going to be called Mako after all, with the park announced at IAAPA that the new rollercoaster is in fact going to be named "Emperor".

In an accompanying tweet, the park has confirmed that the coaster will open in summer 2020, be California's first floorless dive coaster as well as the tallest and fastest dive coaster on the West Coast, as well as reach speeds of over 60mph.