Drayton Manor

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Deal with what? It's only my opinion.

They currently run a Theme Park and I think they should improve that Theme Pakr before drastically changing it into a resort type place. Maybe strive for Thorpe type atmosphere before.

I just think it's at the wrong time, that's all.
Anonymous

Some rides at Drayton Manor you can stay on they let me andmy friends stay on pandemonium 3 times in a row in the pooring rain :mrgreen:
Anonymous

yea and i to the park is just to small to add a hotel but then again i think they are doing it for the money they shouldnt of built ecalibur and had a big water coaster a realy main attraction like sheikra http://www.rcdb.com/id2662.htm that would get the crowds in they just need some thing to give the park a boost (kick up the a*se) if you know what i mean....they have G-force but its to short all the rides there are over in 1 second...who agrees?
plasticboy

I agree 100% with maelstrom, Alton Towers is a good theme park but i some how like Drayton Manor more, due to the fact it is more compact and the rides they do have are actually quite good. Personal Oppinion
I cant see how anyone can like Drayton Manor better than AT. There is just no comparison!The ride are not as good, the atmosphere is not as good....its just not as good!

The plans for the waterpark look good, but they are just not on the same scale as 'Cariba Creek'
Anonymous

put it this way drayton manor can not beat alton towers theres not enought space if i could have all of drayton manors land and have all the money in the world then yes it would be good but drayton manor are not adding good long thrill rides there to small and short
Tom M

Alton have let me stay on Air when the park has been open really late and there was no queue.
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

i have stayed on mealsotorm, it was a very quiet day last year and there were bot 20 peops on park, iathen went on the kids rides, i didn;'t feel sick at all and it was a great felling. wish all theme park days could bel ike that, maby a bit bsyer for a bit of a atmosphire

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Williscroft

Well people had some great ideas but were posting them in the shock wave paint job topic so ive made this one. What do you think DM realy need to install next or get rid of to make them a top class theme park (not that they artn already but they could be better) :?: :) Also what needs to be improved around the park e.g tatyness :?:
Steighvo

well i think that they should get rid of the sombrero's i'm sure i heard talk that they are doing that any way....in its space i would say something like Samauri at thorpe park because i really like them but drayton manor try to be original with there flat rides so im guessing that will be a no...
Touch my beans... said the man!
stokywolf

Well with all there money troubles i doubt they'll get anything at all next year, yes maybe a paint job for one or 2 things but nothing major.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Anonymous

What is it everyone sayin they have got money problems how do you know this is true....Drayton Manor wouldnt have money problems they know what they are doing with their money and im sure they wont get bankrupt infact this year they must be getting more mony in than any other with the new ride the open air concert (witch my mom tryed to get tickets for but they have all sold out) the 2 firworks nights and all the school trips etc they know what they are doing unlless yiou can confirm that they have money problems im not believeing it :|
Martin1

Ge-force went MAJORALLY over budget, explaining why they have one train, 8 seats, and thats it. Which meant loss in money, yes they make money this year, but you gotta take into acount the ride cost, th concert cost, the fireworks cost, etc.
Anonymous

But they wouldnt have the fireworks or the concert if they were loseing money they do it to make profit not to lose it and G-force has 12 seats
Martin1

Well yeh i know it makes money, but it costs too. They will eventually make the money back....but it could take a while.
Anonymous

but whos saying that theres loseing money now its not official its a lie
Martin1

Yes it hasnt been confirmed, i know, but if you cant afford an extra car for Ge-force, slight problem! If they had money, they would buy one, certain staff members have said they have money problems. You shouldnt worry about it or anythng, draton will still live on! :P

Anyways back on topic.
Anonymous

But they do have a 2nd car for G-Force its been confirmed all we were waititing for is the car to be shipped over from german and the time when the park isnt busy for it to be put on to the track for all we know it could be their already but i think another reason was becasue the have to make some more BIG BOY seats because drayton manor is the 1st people to have these special seats...also i think the staff had to get used to operating the controlls first but i also think that as soon as the car leavs the station within a few secons iuts back again and the que never seems to come to a stop its always moveing...what do you think?
Martin1

I didnt know about that! Good information that. Sounds great.
Anonymous

i think they might have a differnt type of X car if you go on my site theres photos of the differnt X-Cars with the lap bars i think they might have a 6 spining X car coaster and have it as next years attraction?
Martin1

Aye i pressume they would have the same car design, although the spining one looks amazing, would love to see that at drayton!