Drayton Manor

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
clayj

[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
danr

Is this actully real or is it an April Fools Joke ?  ;)
Rob
Admin
Admin

Think it's an April fool. This kind of gives it away.
Andrew Webber, owner of the Tamworth’s Bengali Olaf Priol restaurant said that he woke to discover claw-like marks across the paintwork of his Jaguar sports car.

“I went to get in the car to pick up my morning paper at around 5:30am, and I noticed what appeared to be a huge slash mark across the door,” he said.

“There was no sign of anyone or anything nearby, but I was convinced that they had been caused by an animal of some kind.”
clayj

danr wrote: Is this actully real or is it an April Fools Joke ?  ;)
Take note of my hard to read text in origional post lol
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
iBacon

Is Drayton Manor running out of ideas? I understand they have a new ride this year in Thomas Land but before that we have not had a big Thrill Ride in ages...
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
Benjsh

How on earth are they running out of ideas?  They have just installed one of the best kiddie areas of any theme park in the UK, in fact the best in my opinion. And they have opened their new hotel. These things don't come cheap you know.

Also.....this is OBVIOUSLY part of a new direction the park are heading into. They simply can't compete in the "thrill stakes" with AT and Thorpe. Not a chance. They don't operate on anthing like the budget that AT do, so they will never be able to compete in that sense. Expecting expensive high thrill rides is fantasy stuff these days for DMP.

They'd be better staying away from the thrill market and continue to focus on the family market and younger kids which has proved successful. With the rumoured Cartoon Network expansion, this further backs up my point. DMP are leaving the high thrills to Merlin and you'd have to say, correctly so.

We're always going to have small kids just like we're always going to have thrillseekers, and let's be honest, AT is really lacking for the younger audience these days. Thorpe is even Worse.
Don't_Look_Down

iBacon wrote: Is Drayton Manor running out of ideas? I understand they have a new ride this year in Thomas Land but before that we have not had a big Thrill Ride in ages...
No, and there's a very good reason for that. As much as some of us thrillseekers dislike the idea, Drayton have cornered the family market and are doing very well for themselves. It makes sense from a business point of view to provide your specific customer base with what they want.

Hopefully we will see a new thrill coaster/flat ride in time.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Wedjie

Drayton have obviously decided to go down the Family route.
So they should sell Apocalypse, Shockwave and Stormforce 10 to Merlin ;) haha
Alex.D

Also scrap G-fart... And replace it with a nice big family dark ride. :P
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
DeanGaryCox

well there have been many rumours over the past years about drayton manor wanting to install a woodie and launch coaster, then heard they were keeping an eye on blue fire at europa park, a mack launch coaster... and seen a behind the scenes tour video from some people at drayton manor this year with a worker/manager discussing the plans for next year and that it would be a launch coaster? am i the only one that has heard about this?
Image 2014
Wedjie

They've been saying for a good 7/8 years that they were going to get a launch coaster. Over the lake, whether it will actually happen or not it an entirely different thing.
Rollermad

I have a question. Why is the only 1 train!!! It has room for 2 easily, same with shockwave tbh.
Wedjie

Put this to ride ops a few years ago - G Force only operates 1 train because the ride is too short. If they had two, you would be waiting in the brakes for ages while they were loading the train infront.

Shockwave normally runs 2, unless it is quiet or one is needing maintenance.
DeanGaryCox

i've never heard rumours about it before... but only recently (like past year or so).
If they are to get a launch coaster (presumably from mack then), i would hope so badly for it to be something along the lines of blue fire at europa park, or at least a nice layout with some inversions, but i can't see it happening and just be a waste of what potentially could be a good ride!
Image 2014
iBacon

Shockwave does run with 2 trains normally because it takes along time to boad and adjust etc but I completely agree about G-Force they should have 2 trains at a time!
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
meames

It was going to have 2 trains but I believe Drayton ran out of money for the second.
Wedjie

meames wrote: It was going to have 2 trains but I believe Drayton ran out of money for the second.
Was only ever intended to run one train :)
A

I know g force only runs one train but surely they have a spare?
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
Wedjie

A wrote: I know g force only runs one train but surely they have a spare?
Nope. Any problems with the one train and the whole ride has to close, it is a bit stupid :p
jp235

The park announced at the opening that they intended to have a second train for its second season, but it never happened. The ride really is screaming out for one, the capacity is dire.

If the staff don't think they could load the 2nd train in time, then they're damning themselves! With a proper batching system, and only 12 lap bars to check, loading really needn't take very long at all.