Drayton Manor

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AstroDan

Drayton Manor Resort then?
ThrillJunkie

This has to be good news. I had almost given up hope of this ever getting built.

But...

I really can't see there being enough to do on site for more than 2 days to make it a resort and they really should build another new attraction soon so the park doesn't get "Stale" they need something new and fresh.
ThrillJunkieUK
Maelstrom

The hotel isnt just for the theme park though, the park have conference rooms and hold lots of functions including weddings etc and the hotel will make alot of business from this. Secondly their is a lack of quality hotels around the tamworth area and the park will be able to pick up guests from this including people who come to birmingham area for weekend, spending 1 day in the park and the other day in birmingham.

Plus they might pick up guests who are visiting an event at the NEC which is very easy drive (exc traffic on m42) from drayton.
G-Force

Press release

[url=http://www.draytonmanorplus.co.uk/hotelpress.doc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.draytonmanorplus.co.uk/hotelpress.doc[/url]

tradition of smashing the Champagne Bottle:

For those of you who dont know what the hotel is guna look like:

R U Ready TO Experiance The Force Of The G
AstroDan

It'll be weird having what promises to be a stunning hotel next to a theme park which, for want of a better word, is a bit of a tip in many places!

:?
Mankey

Wait what, Drayton think they need a hotel?! :?

What's going on here? Surely this can be spent on a much needed park clean up!
Back from hibernation!
G-Force

like mentioned above drayton takes a huge amount of money from corporate events and weddings etc so adding to the hotel will increase this. and Colin mentioned before about companys inquiring about holding meetings at the park but then changing their mind when the park didnt have accomadation so the hotel is not just for people visiting the theme park. And with the Thomas the Tank themed rooms it is sure to be a hit with the kids

Room Types:
11 Interconnnecting family rooms (end gable)
40 family interconnecting rooms
8 Safari Themed rooms:
8 thomas themed rooms
30 standard double rooms
6 executive double rooms
14 standard twin rooms
8/16 accesible rooms
10 value rooms
4 super rooms
3 presidential suites featuring a twin jacuzzi bath
Coke

Gosh, that's a lot of room types! Why not keep it a bit more simple. I wonder what the value rooms are like. :P

Are you thirsty?
3T

I'm going to Drayton Manor again soon, and I want to ride G-Force. The problem is the last few times I went on it the restraints got really tight after the first drop, so much so I literally couldn't breathe!

I was wondering if anybody knows of a solution to this? (e.g. pushing the bar outwards during the ride?)
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

This is the main factor in my hatred for the ride. It's quite simply the most uncomfortable coaster I've ridden and one a choose not to ride. MS have apparently modified the restraint system to counter this problem but G-Farce remains with this issue.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
DiogoJ42

Just make sure the restraint is loose to begin with. It usualy clicks in at the bottom of the loop. If you make it past the other side of the airtime hill you're home free! :P
G-Force

I have never had any problems with the restraints on g-force dont really know what people go on about when they say this - Just do it up untill your comfortable with it and so there is a little bit of room incase it does tighten a notch.
3T

I'll try with the bar a bit looser this time then :) Thanks
iriderides101

Has this ride got a second train yet?
i remember going to drayton manor in 07 and waiting an eternity to ride
one train operation with 12 passengers for the parks second largest coaster is truly sinfull.

oh and that stupid zapper thing in the que was really annoying.
Coke

The second train is still not with us! It seems unlikely we will ever get one at the moment. So yes, still long queues to be expected. The tesla coil does not work anymore or is turned off (always).

Are you thirsty?
SEALIFE

[quote=""Coke""]The tesla coil does not work anymore or is turned off (always).[/quote]
Ye its been turned of permanently the reasons were as I heard of..
1. Its to close to the que line
2. When a train pulls into the station there to much static or something making it dangerous.

Hope that helps :)
A5H

[quote=""Zak""][quote=""Coke""]The tesla coil does not work anymore or is turned off (always).[/quote]
Ye its been turned of permanently the reasons were as I heard of..
1. Its to close to the que line
2. When a train pulls into the station there to much static or something making it dangerous.

Hope that helps :)[/quote]

The main reason was because it was too loud apparently :) I can understand because when I was in the queue i couldn't relax simply because I knew at some point it was going to go off again :| I'm glad it no longer works :D
Nightfall

^ That's what scared me when I saw Thirteen had a Tesla coil, G-Forces was loud.

Anyway my advice is wearing a thick jumper. The restraints arc so putting something padded in the pockets also stop it closing to tight.

What happened to the second train anyway?
[align=center]Image[/align]
G-Force

The coil has been permantly turned off/ disconnected due to the noise and H&S reasons.

And the second train was going to be ordered to arrive the year after the ride but due to the ride running over budget and the cost of an X-car (rumoured to be extremely expensive for a ride train) that i cant see it happening for a couple of years if ever.
Nightfall

Now I’m confused :? , I’m sure I remembered two carts when I rode back in 2005. I can’t find any evidence so it must just be my dodgy memory.

Visited last year when it was closed and the colour has faded terribly.
[align=center]Image[/align]